X had 17 targets?!!

I'm glad I don't have to explain reads to you, because if I did, I would tell you that Van Dyke would have hit George far earlier than he actually did. George was breaking open earlier than the throw itself.

Oh, I just did. Oops.

Because he had two defenders on him. The big gain to McCormick against the Aggies, Restrepo was literally double-teamed and TVD still pumped in his direction before ultimately realizing "Hey, the middle should be there, you know".

TVD makes reads. He doesn't do them consistenly, nor does he switch off to the checkdown enough.
In his post game presser after UNC, TVD admitted he should take the check down more often. It’s open **** near every time.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Xavier Restrepo is one of our best players, and he gets open a lot. Does TVD force some throws on 3rd down to him, Yes, but I would too. He is a reliable target.

WE'RE THROWING THE BALL TOO MUCH TO A GUY WHO IS CONSISTENTLY OPEN AND ALWAYS CATCHES THE BALL AND IS ONE OF THE HIGHEST GRADED RECEIVERS IN THE COUNTRY!!!!!! FIRE EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
UNC guys were on their podcast and said the coaches were extremely happy with outcome, X caught 65% of his targets and for less than 100 yards. They considered that a win for their defense.

Advertisement
the issue isnt the number of passes to X. the issue is when X is covered he either needs to check down, run or throw it away.

i swear to you if X was Tyreek hill no one would be posting this.
Control yourself friend. We all love X. True Cane.

If X were Tyreek Hill he'd have scored a TD everytime he touched the ball.

C'mon now.

All of the mouth breathers in this thread remind me of the idiots who said we would be soooooo much better off when Shaq graduated. How'd that work out?

The problem with this board is that we have to find some dumb *** shizz to get mad about and now it's TVD. Trust me it gets so much worse and you should really be careful what you wish for.
TVD much like Shaq are what they are. Good players. Could we not state the obvious Shaq didnt have sideline to sideline playmaking ability like our tier 2 and tier 1 LB’s to come through here??

Can we not state TVD to a point force feeds X the ball in triple coverage while other receivers are open???

Tape dont lie.

TVD much like Shaq are what they are. Good players. Could we not state the obvious Shaq didnt have sideline to sideline playmaking ability like our tier 2 and tier 1 LB’s to come through here??

Can we not state TVD to a point force feeds X the ball in triple coverage while other receivers are open???

Tape dont lie.
Tape doesnt lie, Macshay was on podcast and broke down TVD to a T. Said he wasnt seeing it, had multiple check downs and still forcing balls. Has great arm talent with any of the top guys but doesnt process well and forces balls. Great little clip starts at 46:11 mark

Advertisement
Got ****!! 17 targets and less than 100 yards?!! TVD and Xs love fest is going to kill this team. This dude TVD threw a pass to X in quadrupole coverage while Horton was underneath wide open and would’ve probably still been running! How can you allow this **** to continue to happen if you’re the OC?! Why are you not getting on this dude TVD for continuing to throw in triple coverage to a 5’9 wr that runs a 4.7 forty when we got guys running 4.2s and 4.4s. We need to see Horton and Smith get more passes for sure. They both showed they deserve more looks. X has had **** near 35 targets last two games 🤣

@calinative umstudent Im a vet on this board, how dare you question me. lol Nostradamus

I dont mind the targets, if that’s where the coverage takes him, but 17 just for **** of it and ignoring dudes running wide open? I got issues with that. I’m pretty sure Dawson will as well. I get it, X is his best friend and roommate, plus he’s a strong, sure handed, dependable WR that has a knack for coming up with big 1st downs… but ween outchea trying to increase his draft stock, and ignoring the offense. Do better TVD.
Thing is no one is really struggling with drops. And other guys can get you RAC. No way you look for X 17 times unless he is being left ALL alone!!! EVER! He had 10 more targets than anyone else! If Young gets 17 targets he easily has 200 yards and 2 TDs and same for George and Smith, and Horton. TVD ain’t it bruh

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back