X had 17 targets?!!

ray ray played more but you would never know. we had rb's open he never checks down.
Colbie is still raw but is an NFL talent. George has improved. he is just obsessed with X.
Colbie (and George) is the WR you throw 10-12 times to because they’re often playing 10-12 yards off him. You throw him hitches, comebacks, outs, and slants (we stopped doing) while running the ball and then play action when they come up. Colbie usually breaks the first tackle also. But the offensive play calling is now so limited because TVD is going to throw 20 picks against these zone defenses 🤦🏾‍♂️. He just cannot read them unfortunately.

Advertisement
Colbie (and George) is the WR you throw 10-12 times to because they’re often playing 10-12 yards off him. You throw him hitches, comebacks, outs, and slants (we stopped doing) while running the ball and then play action when they come up. Colbie usually breaks the first tackle also. But the offensive play calling is now so limited because TVD is going to throw 20 picks against these zone defenses 🤦🏾‍♂️. He just cannot read them unfortunately.
Colbie is an nfl talent. he is still raw. needs polish but that kid can play on Sundays for a long time when it' all comes together

I wasn’t the one who came up with the analogy but I disagree that we don’t have good talent outside of X or the narrative no one else is open. Young and George are monsters. I think you’re missing the point with this discussion, it’s not a shot at X that he’s catching all these targets, it’s a concern that TVD continues to play favoritism for whatever reason when he has other good weapons.

Nobody said we don't have good talent. But we sure as **** don't have anyone that is a clear cut #1. Restrepo is our closest option to a true #1 however.

And the point is pretty clear to me. People are complaining that TVD is locked into Restrepo too much. Going into the UNC game Restrepo had 36 receptions, George had 24 and Young had 21. Restrepo had 44 targets to Georges 32. A difference of 2.4 targets per game before UNC. Do you really some drastic difference before the UNC game? Because I don't. The distribution seems pretty good to me.

People just want to complain because Restrepo had 1 game with an extremely high amount of targets. If that happened every game, I would get the complaining. But the fact is that it doesn't.

Advertisement
EHH but X aint Tyreek. If he was as fast as the cheetah then those 17 tartgets would be at least 3 TD's and over 200 a game

I'm glad I don't have to explain reads to you, because if I did, I would tell you that Van Dyke would have hit George far earlier than he actually did. George was breaking open earlier than the throw itself.

Oh, I just did. Oops.

Because he had two defenders on him. The big gain to McCormick against the Aggies, Restrepo was literally double-teamed and TVD still pumped in his direction before ultimately realizing "Hey, the middle should be there, you know".

TVD makes reads. He doesn't do them consistenly, nor does he switch off to the checkdown enough.
Okay got it. TVD not good enough for you even on 35 yard TD's while sacrificing himself for your entertainment. **** wish we had Caleb Williams on this team. We would win the NC. OH WAIT. You can make this **** up.

Advertisement
Colbie is an nfl talent. he is still raw. needs polish but that kid can play on Sundays for a long time when it' all comes together
He’s just not being targeted. He gets a screen or two per game lately and then TVD faces away from him the whole rest of the game. Criminal! If he gets upset and goes off for not getting the ball while X getting 17 targets they will call him a cancer and a me guy 🤦🏾‍♂️

He’s just not being targeted. He gets a screen or two per game lately and then TVD faces away from him the whole rest of the game. Criminal! If he gets upset and goes off for not getting the ball while X getting 17 targets they will call him a cancer and a me guy 🤦🏾‍♂️
Colbie is a beast in the making. I hope he keeps gaining confidence. he just looks different.

Advertisement
X is a good player, that is sometimes great for us. He plays hard and embodies basically everything you want in a player. It isn't his fault he is being targeted. That is on TVD and the staff to address and rectify. With that being said, I can see how TVD's preference to throw to him so often can cause some issues in the locker room, especially if there are equally or more talented WRs being overlooked.

My two cents. Keep the change.

Nobody said we don't have good talent. But we sure as **** don't have anyone that is a clear cut #1. Restrepo is our closest option to a true #1 however.

And the point is pretty clear to me. People are complaining that TVD is locked into Restrepo too much. Going into the UNC game Restrepo had 36 receptions, George had 24 and Young had 21. Restrepo had 44 targets to Georges 32. A difference of 2.4 targets per game before UNC. Do you really some drastic difference before the UNC game? Because I don't. The distribution seems pretty good to me.

People just want to complain because Restrepo had 1 game with an extremely high amount of targets. If that happened every game, I would get the complaining. But the fact is that it doesn't.
Go review GT again sir.

Okay got it. TVD not good enough for you even on 35 yard TD's while sacrificing himself for your entertainment. **** wish we had Caleb Williams on this team. We would win the NC. OH WAIT. You can make this **** up.
Well, you can misread what I tried to explain to you on purpose or you can understand and accept it, the choice is yours.

Advertisement
If you think Young, George, Smith, Arroyo and Ray Ray aren’t animals then it explains why you don’t understand what is going on.

I'm sorry, animals? What has ANYONE of them proven to be labeled an animal? Lol. Take your **** blinders off.

SO FREAKIN UNIFORMED YOU ARE. Pay attention. Colby did not play entire game and split time with Horton. do you not recall his leg getting rolled up on the prior week.

Well, you can misread what I tried to explain to you on purpose or you can understand and accept it, the choice is yours.
yea, you are saying he was late on 35 TD pass that was on the money when George had a step on the DB. It was WR cross out and up. it takes time to develop.

Advertisement
Back