X had 17 targets?!!

Advertisement
The obvious problem with your statement is that UM does not have a Hill or Waddle type receiver where TVD is going to X instead of them. X is our Hill or Waddle. He is without question our #1 and best/most reliable option. If you have an issue with that, take it up with the staff who has failed to bring in better talent at that position.
If you think Young, George, Smith, Arroyo and Ray Ray aren’t beasts then it explains why you don’t understand what is going on.

Last edited:
If you do something wrong 100 times then do something right once. Its pretty arrogant to say the one time is more indicitive of who you are. If your best friends wife (dont want to offend) is getting plowed by a different guy every night but on Sunday she is home all day with you and the kids is she really faithful?
So based on that example, is Miami doing this every game or have they done it the last 2 weeks? Don't over complicate this because my point was if Miami can cut down on the unforced turnovers, we might actually be more encouraged by the improvements this team has made.

If they keep turning it over, we know what the result will be.

I don’t hate the kid. I think he’s a really good safety valve or 3rd receiver in an offense.

But TVD forces it to him constantly. And I really hate when it’s 3rd and 8 and X runs a 5 yard out blanketed the whole way and TVD forces it to him because he’s already predetermined that’s who he’s going to on 3rd down.

So based on that example, is Miami doing this every game or have they done it the last 2 weeks? Don't over complicate this because my point was if Miami can cut down on the unforced turnovers, we might actually be more encouraged by the improvements this team has made.

If they keep turning it over, we know what the result will be.
Miami shooting themselves in the foot is the real Miami. The fascade that it can or will improve is just that. The turnovers were worse the last 2 games but between turnovers, penalties, missed assignments, and every other form of disciplined football, Miami is a joke and 1 game wont change that or show who they are.

Advertisement
I wasn’t the one who came up with the analogy but I disagree that we don’t have good talent outside of X or the narrative no one else is open. Young and George are monsters. I think you’re missing the point with this discussion, it’s not a shot at X that he’s catching all these targets, it’s a concern that TVD continues to play favoritism for whatever reason when he has other good weapons.

Well hang on, I never said we don't have talent. I said we don't have Hill and Waddle. We don't have talent FAR and BEYOND what we have in our slot receiver.

You made the Berrios vs Hill/Waddle analogy. Or you regurgitated it, whatever. It doesn't apply here. Hill and Waddle are infinitely better than Berrios, so of course you deserve to be shot in the face at close range as a coach if you're targeting Berrios over Hill and Waddle. But George and Young are very good, but in comparison to X, they're not so much better that it's egregious to make X your most targeted receiver. Also, George and Young are still getting plenty of action. I could agree they can be targeted more, sure. But again, this is probably 58th on our list of the top 60 problems for this team. We have SO MUCH that should be fixed before this that it's a waste of time even talking about it.

IMG_5768.jpeg

I forgot which thread it was in but someone referenced this play. Where Ray-Ray is wide open at the top of the screen but TVD went to X who had 3 guys in his general area

Last edited:
Well hang on, I never said we don't have talent. I said we don't have Hill and Waddle. We don't have talent FAR and BEYOND what we have in our slot receiver.

You made the Berrios vs Hill/Waddle analogy. Or you regurgitated it, whatever. It doesn't apply here. Hill and Waddle are infinitely better than Berrios, so of course you deserve to be shot in the face at close range as a coach if you're targeting Berrios over Hill and Waddle. But George and Young are very good, but in comparison to X, they're not so much better that it's egregious to make X your most targeted receiver. Also, George and Young are still getting plenty of action. I could agree they can be targeted more, sure. But again, this is probably 58th on our list of the top 60 problems for this team. We have SO MUCH that should be fixed before this that it's a waste of time even talking about it.
X is a role player. The others are big talents who make plays. If you’re okay with him leading in targets by that amount then good for you. This is all on TVD and has been since last summer with X. I wonder how this is starting to affect other players? 🤔

Advertisement
X is a role player. The others are big talents who make plays. If you’re okay with him leading in targets by that amount then good for you. This is all on TVD and has been since last summer with X. I wonder how this is starting to affect other players? 🤔

It's all on TVD? Every single passing play in football history has been designed with a first-read. This board tells me every second of every day that TVD is incapable of reading a defense, he locks onto his first-read, and throws the ball to that player. So if Restrepo is getting all the targets, but TVD is a single-read guy, it sounds to me like the upset players should be talking to the guy who designs and calls the plays, not the player who just executes them like a robot.

Advertisement
Miami shooting themselves in the foot is the real Miami. The fascade that it can or will improve is just that. The turnovers were worse the last 2 games but between turnovers, penalties, missed assignments, and every other form of disciplined football, Miami is a joke and 1 game wont change that or show who they are.
I get it. We're mad after witnessing the last 2 weeks. As fans, we should be. I want to be able to point out the improvements that have been made while also wanting to see the mistakes get corrected. We are at the mid point of the season with 6 games left. I want to see how things play out.

It's all on TVD? Every single passing play in football history has been designed with a first-read. This board tells me every second of every day that TVD is incapable of reading a defense, he locks onto his first-read, and throws the ball to that player. So if Restrepo is getting all the targets, but TVD is a single-read guy, it sounds to me like the upset players should be talking to the guy who designs and calls the plays, not the player who just executes them like a robot.
You think it’s Dawson’s play designs not TVD and that TVD is throwing it to the WR he should be throwing to with all of these targets to X?

This right here ☝️. Our offense has been a well oiled machine all season with the exception of turnovers. Our top 3 wrs are putting up good numbers and Dawson was known for this with his wrs last year (Dell).

Ball security is taught at every level of football and our fumbles are not a trend. Chaney and Parrish had their first fumbles at Miami at the most inopportune times.

Lee has been lights out all season and has one bad snap (right after the announcers mentioned the down pour at halftime hasn't affected the offense) and TVD needs to improve by not locking on to one guy.

Let's have one game where we don't shoot ourselves and that will be a good indicator of who we are. These last 2 weeks have been a mess, but it can get corrected.
You can't say "our offense is a well-oiled machine" and then list 3 reasons that it's not.

Now if you said "our offense can be a well-oiled machine if..." then sure. However, ifs and buts are wishful thinking.

Advertisement
the issue isnt the number of passes to X. the issue is when X is covered he either needs to check down, run or throw it away.

i swear to you if X was Tyreek hill no one would be posting this.
Trust me other dudes are open. When u see George on his catch where his knee was down? Dude had OD space he got schemed open. And a lot of those were never thrown that’s not the OC. Same sh I said about fsu year 1 under Norvell. I remember us blowing them out but I said the scheme isn’t bad he doesn’t have the players.

All of the mouth breathers in this thread remind me of the idiots who said we would be soooooo much better off when Shaq graduated. How'd that work out?

The problem with this board is that we have to find some dumb *** shizz to get mad about and now it's TVD. Trust me it gets so much worse and you should really be careful what you wish for.

You think it’s Dawson’s play designs not TVD and that TVD is throwing it to the WR he should be throwing to with all of these targets to X?

I think it's a combination. But what I said is true. People on here tell me TVD never comes off his first-read. So if the ball is going to X 17 times in a game, and he never comes off his first-read, I don't think I need to explain to you how this works.

What I do think is the people here that watch the games have absolutely zero clue what it takes to play quarterback nor design and call an offense, so they just regurgitate what they see on Twitter or what their neighbor Billy tells them after the game, and they think TVD just predetermines where to go with the ball pre-snap. That's absurdly false, and TVD does read coverages. But where he can probably improve is relying too much on Restrepo if his first-read is not there. He knows if all else fails, I can look at 7 and he's probably going to be open or at worst will make a play on the ball and I won't get this thing picked.

So again, to answer your question, I think you're on the right track. The first-read often is Restrepo, and since he's often open and TVD trusts him, the ball is going there a lot, and that's by design via Dawson. And the 2nd part of what you said, TVD is throwing it to the WR he should be throwing to with all these targets to X....yes, by design, he should be. But also on the plays where X is not the first-read, is he coming off the first-read too quickly and still getting the ball to X? Possibly. I do not think Restrepo is so good that he should be getting 17 targets in a game. Let me be clear on that. But he's also open a lot an he's very productive, so I don't think this is what has contributed to the 2 losses in any meaningful way. We have problems on this team, the ball going to X as much as it is, even though it might be a little too much, is not one of the major problems that have to be corrected.

You can't say "our offense is a well-oiled machine" and then list 3 reasons that it's not.

Now if you said "our offense can be a well-oiled machine if..." then sure. However, ifs and buts are wishful thinking.
That's fair, but I did say with the exception of. But sure, "can be"...

Advertisement
Back