X had 17 targets?!!

I think everyone knows TVD is force feeding X. The numbers tell a certain story. X had the most snaps--that probably played a role. Breshard also had good number of targets for as much as he was in there at that position. Probably the best thing would be to watch the film.

The flip side is X is probably our most consistent guy. We desperately missed him last year when he went down. We are moving the ball great this year--but are also committing boneheaded turnovers at the least opportune times.

Advertisement
I think everyone knows TVD is force feeding X. The numbers tell a certain story. X had the most snaps--that probably played a role. Breshard also had good number of targets for as much as he was in there at that position. Probably the best thing would be to watch the film.

The flip side is X is probably our most consistent guy. We desperately missed him last year when he went down. We are moving the ball great this year--but are also committing boneheaded turnovers at the least opportune times.
TVD threw 48 passes. 35% of the targets to one of 3 or 4 receiving positions is 2-10% above what the average should be. BUT OMG. EVERYBALL GOES TO X.

If we had Tez Walker or Coleman or some other freak at WR, YOU WOULD ALL BE SAYING HE SHOULD GET THE BALL MORE.

George is 8th in the ACC in receptions and 4th in total yards. The ball gets around.

WE'RE THROWING THE BALL TOO MUCH TO A GUY WHO IS CONSISTENTLY OPEN AND ALWAYS CATCHES THE BALL AND IS ONE OF THE HIGHEST GRADED RECEIVERS IN THE COUNTRY!!!!!! FIRE EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We have two receivers in the top 50 in the country right now. We are the only school to do so as well.

Advertisement
the issue isnt the number of passes to X. the issue is when X is covered he either needs to check down, run or throw it away.

i swear to you if X was Tyreek hill no one would be posting this.
But he’s not Hill. Would you prefer they throw to Berrios 17X instead of Hill and Waddle?

This right here ☝️. Our offense has been a well oiled machine all season with the exception of turnovers. Our top 3 wrs are putting up good numbers and Dawson was known for this with his wrs last year (Dell).

Ball security is taught at every level of football and our fumbles are not a trend. Chaney and Parrish had their first fumbles at Miami at the most inopportune times.

Lee has been lights out all season and has one bad snap (right after the announcers mentioned the down pour at halftime hasn't affected the offense) and TVD needs to improve by not locking on to one guy.

Let's have one game where we don't shoot ourselves and that will be a good indicator of who we are. These last 2 weeks have been a mess, but it can get corrected.

Advertisement
This right here ☝️. Our offense has been a well oiled machine all season with the exception of turnovers. Our top 3 wrs are putting up good numbers and Dawson was known for this with his wrs last year (Dell).

Ball security is taught at every level of football and our fumbles are not a trend. Chaney and Parrish had their first fumbles at Miami at the most inopportune times.

Lee has been lights out all season and has one bad snap (right after the announcers mentioned the down pour at halftime hasn't affected the offense) and TVD needs to improve by not locking on to one guy.

Let's have one game where we don't shoot ourselves and that will be a good indicator of who we are. These last 2 weeks have been a mess, but it can get corrected.
This sentence could not be more false.

But he’s not Hill. Would you prefer they throw to Berrios 17X instead of Hill and Waddle?

Of course not but we don't have Hill or Waddle. That's an atrocious analogy.

The single-season record holder for receptions in the history of the school is Charleston Rambo in 2021. He caught 79 balls in 12 games.
Xavier Restrepo is on pace to catch 94 passes in 12 games.

The single-season record holder for receiving yards in the history of the school is Charleston Rambo in 2021. He finished with 1,172 yards in 12 games.
Xavier Restrepo is on pace to finish with 1,148 yards in 12 games.

Of all the things to cry about, a kid on pace to have the best statistical season in the history of the school simply cannot be one. It just can't. There has to be 50 things we can ***** about before we get to a place where we scream over this.

are you fking kidding me? TVD nails George under pressure on a great read and you use that as an example of not being able to read the field. X was pointing to the RB in the flat who was also open as the defender went to X.
I'm glad I don't have to explain reads to you, because if I did, I would tell you that Van Dyke would have hit George far earlier than he actually did. George was breaking open earlier than the throw itself.

Oh, I just did. Oops.
ALL YOU CLOWNS PLEASE EXPLAIN THAT TD TO ME IF ALL TVD DOES IS THROW IT TO X EVEN WHEN COVERED?
Because he had two defenders on him. The big gain to McCormick against the Aggies, Restrepo was literally double-teamed and TVD still pumped in his direction before ultimately realizing "Hey, the middle should be there, you know".

TVD makes reads. He doesn't do them consistenly, nor does he switch off to the checkdown enough.

This sentence could not be more false.
Ok so having a game where we don't beat ourselves is not accurate? It's one thing to play a defense that is forcing turnovers and then there is what we've done the last 2 weeks. Some turnovers are unforced and I've seen a bunch in the last 2 games.

Advertisement

The obvious problem with your statement is that UM does not have a Hill or Waddle type receiver where TVD is going to X instead of them. X is our Hill or Waddle. He is without question our #1 and best/most reliable option. If you have an issue with that, take it up with the staff who has failed to bring in better talent at that position.

Ok so having a game where we don't beat ourselves is not accurate? It's one thing to play a defense that is forcing turnovers and then there is what we've done the last 2 weeks. Some turnovers are unforced and I've seen a bunch in the last 2 games.
Its pretty arrogant to say if you do something once its indicative of who you are. If your best friends wife (dont want to offend) is getting plowed by a different guy every night but on Sunday she is home all day with him and the kids is she really faithful?

And believe me, I find the notion that Restrepo shouldn't receive the amount of targets he gets completely ridiculous and yes, I still laugh at cway dismissing these as "throw it to the open guy".

The problem is is that we leave plays out on the field because TVD tends to lock onto one guy. And with our tendency to ram an axe into our leg every time we play football, these things should be executed better.

He didn't make the first post-wheel-read at all. He made the second one late. He can do a lot better in this instance. Thats the point.

Advertisement
The obvious problem with your statement is that UM does not have a Hill or Waddle type receiver where TVD is going to X instead of them. X is our Hill or Waddle. He is without question our #1 and best/most reliable option. If you have an issue with that, take it up with the staff who has failed to bring in better talent at that position.
He’s short and slow. So no. He’s neither Hill nor Waddle

On today’s episode of Miami fans hate their best players…

Lol such a weird narrative some of y'all are running with.

Just a thought here...Maybe fans are critiquing the guys who get playing time.

Being one of our best players doesn't make you above reproach if you're also a part of what holds the team back at times.

ESPECIALLY the QB.

The single-season record holder for receptions in the history of the school is Charleston Rambo in 2021. He caught 79 balls in 12 games.
Xavier Restrepo is on pace to catch 94 passes in 12 games.

The single-season record holder for receiving yards in the history of the school is Charleston Rambo in 2021. He finished with 1,172 yards in 12 games.
Xavier Restrepo is on pace to finish with 1,148 yards in 12 games.

Of all the things to cry about, a kid on pace to have the best statistical season in the history of the school simply cannot be one. It just can't. There has to be 50 things we can ***** about before we get to a place where we scream over this.
I wasn’t the one who came up with the analogy but I disagree that we don’t have good talent outside of X or the narrative no one else is open. Young and George are monsters. I think you’re missing the point with this discussion, it’s not a shot at X that he’s catching all these targets, it’s a concern that TVD continues to play favoritism for whatever reason when he has other good weapons.

Advertisement
Back