X had 17 targets?!!

KingB02

Sophomore
Got ****!! 17 targets and less than 100 yards?!! TVD and Xs love fest is going to kill this team. This dude TVD threw a pass to X in quadrupole coverage while Horton was underneath wide open and would’ve probably still been running! How can you allow this **** to continue to happen if you’re the OC?! Why are you not getting on this dude TVD for continuing to throw in triple coverage to a 5’9 wr that runs a 4.7 forty when we got guys running 4.2s and 4.4s. We need to see Horton and Smith get more passes for sure. They both showed they deserve more looks. X has had **** near 35 targets last two games 🤣

Advertisement
Got ****!! 17 targets and less than 100 yards?!! TVD and Xs love fest is going to kill this team. This dude TVD threw a pass to X in quadrupole coverage while Horton was underneath wide open and would’ve probably still been running! How can you allow this **** to continue to happen if you’re the OC?! Why are you not getting on this dude TVD for continuing to throw in triple coverage to a 5’9 wr that runs a 4.7 forty when we got guys running 4.2s and 4.4s. We need to see Horton and Smith get more passes for sure. They both showed they deserve more looks. X has had **** near 35 targets last two games 🤣
@Dwinstitles

Advertisement
It was crazy. You could see it on TV where you had wide open receivers that he passed up. He must be lacking in confidence after the Tech game and not seeing the field. It’s somewhat surprising because he literally has more time than any quarterback in CFB.

Pennix who isn’t considered an elite processor had half the time TVD does and was still spreading the ball all over. The only QB who gets anywhere close to the same level of protection is McCarthy and he’s completing 80% of his passes. Although he’s such an elite playmaker he often buys extra time also.

IMG_8083.jpeg

This was a text to my friend during the GT game lol TVD does not go through progressions well, I don’t think he reads a defense and can tell which route will be open like great QB’s can do. Therefor he just throws to his friend all the time, and Restrepo is awesome, but it’s holding back the offense.

Advertisement
TVD makes stuff happen that very few QBs can do with his arm.

But his weaknesses is the number one asset that every QB needs and thats field vision.

If, what @SWFLHurricane is true (and I trust you, bro), then its evidenced on tape that TVD is not making field reads because he is not spending that much time in the film room. And in an Air Raid, there is one guy who needs to snort the film room like cocaine and thats the QB. I presume Dawson gave him an earful before the George TD because Miami ran a post-wheel-concept prior in the game and Ray Ray was naked on it. TVD went to X in a desperation throw.

It sucks because this offense could be even better if the QB would do the actual read in the play, especially vs man coverage. The **** is there, but you have to make the read. Even on the George TD, X was pointing away from him and I am not sure TVD even realized that George got open until the last second. If its man, guess what: X. It happens too often.

We can do this, its not like **** is not there in this offense. It just needs to be executed better.

I dont mind the targets, if that’s where the coverage takes him, but 17 just for **** of it and ignoring dudes running wide open? I got issues with that. I’m pretty sure Dawson will as well. I get it, X is his best friend and roommate, plus he’s a strong, sure handed, dependable WR that has a knack for coming up with big 1st downs… but ween outchea trying to increase his draft stock, and ignoring the offense. Do better TVD.

But his weaknesses is the number one asset that every QB needs and thats field vision.

If, what @SWFLHurricane is true (and I trust you, bro), then its evidenced on tape that TVD is not making field reads because he is not spending that much time in the film room. And in an Air Raid, there is one guy who needs to snort the film room like cocaine and thats the QB. I presume Dawson gave him an earful before the George TD because Miami ran a post-wheel-concept prior in the game and Ray Ray was naked on it. TVD went to X in a desperation throw.

It sucks because this offense could be even better if the QB would do the actual read in the play, especially vs man coverage. The **** is there, but you have to make the read. Even on the George TD, X was pointing away from him and I am not sure TVD even realized that George got open until the last second. If its man, guess what: X. It happens too often.

We can do this, it’s not like **** is not there in this offense. It just needs to be executed better.
I’ve been saying this since Saturday and even going back to Tech…there are just too many instances of our star players and “all conference” caliber players simply not executing their assignment on the play at critical moments that swing the game.

17 targets for X is way too many for him. Especially considering that of the 17 on the one play he was wide open for a dump off Van Dyke instead stared down George and threw an easy pick to the Lb.

Advertisement
Advertisement
the issue isnt the number of passes to X. the issue is when X is covered he either needs to check down, run or throw it away.

i swear to you if X was Tyreek hill no one would be posting this.

This. 17 targets is not an issue, X is our most consistent receiver. 17 targets into a small bodied WR who is bracket covered most of the snaps is insane. He's trying to treat X like he treated Rambo

We can do this, its not like **** is not there in this offense. It just needs to be executed better.
are you fking kidding me? TVD nails George under pressure on a great read and you use that as an example of not being able to read the field. X was pointing to the RB in the flat who was also open as the defender went to X.

ALL YOU CLOWNS PLEASE EXPLAIN THAT TD TO ME IF ALL TVD DOES IS THROW IT TO X EVEN WHEN COVERED? MAYBE X WAS RIGHT AND HE SHOULD HAVE HIT THE BACK IN THE FLAT FOR A 10 YARD GAIN INSTEAD OF A TD TO GEORGE. WHO AINT X. FOR CHRIST SAKE.

are you fking kidding me? TVD nails George under pressure on a great read and you use that as an example of not being able to read the field. X was pointing to the RB in the flat who was also open as the defender went to X.

ALL YOU CLOWNS PLEASE EXPLAIN THAT TD TO ME IF ALL TVD DOES IS THROW IT TO X EVEN WHEN COVERED? MAYBE X WAS RIGHT AND HE SHOULD HAVE HIT THE BACK IN THE FLAT FOR A 10 YARD GAIN INSTEAD OF A TD TO GEORGE. WHO AINT X. FOR CHRIST SAKE.
Hoyacane been holding down the fort in your absence. Glad you're ok.

Advertisement
Back