Pro Wrestling WWE MEGA THREAD

I’m not, because he’s finally found his footing as a legit Heel & it makes for great story telling to have him continue to have the top 2 straps until someone else is built up enough to beat him.

Right now, aside from Lashley (IMO) I don’t think the WWE has anybody who can carry the company on their back as a top tier Superstar in the same way that Reigns can. A lot of that is WWE’s fault for not successfully building Stars & creating good enough gimmicks to where they can have multiple A-side Superstars that can carry the brunt of the company for TV & PPV streaming.

Back during the 2000’s they did a great job building The Rock, Stone Cold, Triple H, Kane, Mick Foley, Chris Jericho & others up enough to where they could give any one of them the strap at any time & there wouldn’t be drop off in viewership or PPV sales, they were all great characters that could be the lead for company on their own.

In today’s WWE, we have guys like Austin Theory, Finn Balor, Kevin Owens, The Miz, Braun Strowman etc all who are good workers & performers but are pretty much B-side characters that have no lasting power because the writers haven’t figured out how to get them over on the same level as a top Superstar.

With AJ Styles & Randy Orton out with injury, all they have left is Seth Rollins & Lashley who can be legitimate challenges from a story plot perspective that could work a good program with Reigns. Drew McIntyre & Reigns is a complete dud & doesn’t move the needle, because McIntyre’s gimmick has no real character depth to build on.

I would like to see somebody else at least get one of the belts, however, nobody has really stepped up to prove they’re worthy of getting it IMHO, except for maybe Lashley or Rollins, but everyone else doesn’t appear to have the “IT” factor as of now to get a real title run.

Yeah I remember back in the day with him vs Cena and they were cutting a promo in the ring and Roman a was struggling while Cena was being Cena and he goes “and that’s how you cut a promo Roman!” Lol

Leading up to Romans current run, i felt like WWE just forced a lot of Brock holding the title forever when there were others who I felt should’ve had more. A lot of the same
Old song and dance, mainly cause Vince was in change still. Like Kofi. They did his title run dirty. I felt like they REALLY fumbled the Keith Lee hype. So seeing Roman hold the belt for so long felt similar. But you’re right. He has gotten better as a heel.

Of current male WWE stars, RKO, Cody Rhodes, Aj Styles, and Rollins are the only ones that can carry a storyline. Maybe Bray for a little bit, depending which Bray you’re getting. Rollins carried the WWE for a while imo. I really think he has it all. And I think maybe fans grew tired of him a little. I thought that he’d get one of the belts by now, Cody would win the RR and then they’d Main Event Wrestlemania.

WWE tried the Drew storyline and it was dull. I think it was Mania where it was him vs Brock and it was just spears & claymores for like 5 mins and then it was over. But Vince loves big, bruising bodies for his superstars.

Advertisement
I’m not, because he’s finally found his footing as a legit Heel & it makes for great story telling to have him continue to have the top 2 straps until someone else is built up enough to beat him.

Right now, aside from Lashley (IMO) I don’t think the WWE has anybody who can carry the company on their back as a top tier Superstar in the same way that Reigns can. A lot of that is WWE’s fault for not successfully building Stars & creating good enough gimmicks to where they can have multiple A-side Superstars that can carry the brunt of the company for TV & PPV streaming.

Back during the 2000’s they did a great job building The Rock, Stone Cold, Triple H, Kane, Mick Foley, Chris Jericho & others up enough to where they could give any one of them the strap at any time & there wouldn’t be drop off in viewership or PPV sales, they were all great characters that could be the lead for company on their own.

In today’s WWE, we have guys like Austin Theory, Finn Balor, Kevin Owens, The Miz, Braun Strowman etc all who are good workers & performers but are pretty much B-side characters that have no lasting power because the writers haven’t figured out how to get them over on the same level as a top Superstar.

With AJ Styles & Randy Orton out with injury, all they have left is Seth Rollins & Lashley who can be legitimate challenges from a story plot perspective that could work a good program with Reigns. Drew McIntyre & Reigns is a complete dud & doesn’t move the needle, because McIntyre’s gimmick has no real character depth to build on.

I would like to see somebody else at least get one of the belts, however, nobody has really stepped up to prove they’re worthy of getting it IMHO, except for maybe Lashley or Rollins, but everyone else doesn’t appear to have the “IT” factor as of now to get a real title run.
I think KO can carry the brand but as a heel. His best work for the company came as a heel a few years back. They haven’t gone back to that badass version of him. They went to the gimmicky doctor king and dodging version heel but it didn’t suite him as well. His baby face is fine but his heel work is great.

I think KO can carry the brand but as a heel. His best work for the company came as a heel a few years back. They haven’t gone back to that badass version of him. They went to the gimmicky doctor king and dodging version heel but it didn’t suite him as well. His baby face is fine but his heel work is great.
Agree on KO as Heel, when he was working as a Heel against Kofi & Rollins he was getting himself way over.

I think Bray Wyatt if given the proper build up could work real well as a Heel & could take one of the belts from Reigns, but for some odd reason they like to give Bray a good push leading up to a PPV & then right when he gets White Hot they always kill it off lol.

Yeah I remember back in the day with him vs Cena and they were cutting a promo in the ring and Roman a was struggling while Cena was being Cena and he goes “and that’s how you cut a promo Roman!” Lol

Leading up to Romans current run, i felt like WWE just forced a lot of Brock holding the title forever when there were others who I felt should’ve had more. A lot of the same
Old song and dance, mainly cause Vince was in change still. Like Kofi. They did his title run dirty. I felt like they REALLY fumbled the Keith Lee hype. So seeing Roman hold the belt for so long felt similar. But you’re right. He has gotten better as a heel.

Of current male WWE stars, RKO, Cody Rhodes, Aj Styles, and Rollins are the only ones that can carry a storyline. Maybe Bray for a little bit, depending which Bray you’re getting. Rollins carried the WWE for a while imo. I really think he has it all. And I think maybe fans grew tired of him a little. I thought that he’d get one of the belts by now, Cody would win the RR and then they’d Main Event Wrestlemania.

WWE tried the Drew storyline and it was dull. I think it was Mania where it was him vs Brock and it was just spears & claymores for like 5 mins and then it was over. But Vince loves big, bruising bodies for his superstars.
Agree with you on Bray & Cody, they have enough Star power to get themselves over & make a legit title run.

Rollins has very good star power as well, the problem he had is they didn’t know what to do with his character, they weren’t sure if they should keep him as a sinister Heel & or transition him into a Babyface & it confused the audience.

I think the WWE is making a huge mistake not building Omos up properly, he could be a legit Monster-Heel if they gave him the mic & let him talk, all he does is just make inaudible chewbacca screams lol.

So y’all think, WWE gonna bring back The Rock to win the RR and then face Roman at Mania? Do y’all think The Rock is gonna out Roman over him? Cause I really don’t want the last thing I saw of The Rock, is taking a fat *** L again! Lol

Advertisement
So y’all think, WWE gonna bring back The Rock to win the RR and then face Roman at Mania? Do y’all think The Rock is gonna out Roman over him? Cause I really don’t want the last thing I saw of The Rock, is taking a fat *** L again! Lol
The Rock has such a busy movie schedule it wouldn’t make sense to have him win Royal Rumble & Main Event Wrestlemania to beat Reigns. Rock would absolutely put Roman over because they’re close friends/family & because Rocky can’t be a WWE champion at this stage in his career, he simply doesn’t have the time. He’s pretty much shooting films all year round & would be holding the belts while not being able to be on Raw/Smackdown or do any House shows on the road.

As a company it would be bad business to put the strap on someone who can only work 2-3 days out of full calendar year lol.

The Rock has such a busy movie schedule it wouldn’t make sense to have him win Royal Rumble & Main Event Wrestlemania to beat Reigns. Rock would absolutely put Roman over because they’re close friends/family & because Rocky can’t be a WWE champion at this stage in his career, he simply doesn’t have the time. He’s pretty much shooting films all year round & would be holding the belts while not being able to be on Raw/Smackdown or do any House shows on the road.

As a company it would be bad business to put the strap on someone who can only work 2-3 days out of full calendar year lol.
I hear ya and completely understand that he is now the mega movie star and won’t even revert back to full time WWE lol

I would hope it’s not for the title, for that reason^. Maybe I’m selfish and don’t want one of the best I’ve seen growing up, the last thought is him getting speared and losing to Roman lol his last match was an L to Cena. And I understood that cause I think at the time, Cena was in a stratosphere that I don’t think Roman will ever reach ya know?
And I think The Rock could still throw down in the ring, unlike Stone Cold or Goldberg. And last time we saw Stone Cold, Vince couldn’t sell the **** out of the Stunner lol
Let me get one more nostalgic celebration from The Rock, or let Stone Cold stunner The Rock to help Roman win lol

**** of a show tonight. Bloodline has been going for 2.5 years now and it still isn’t stale.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
1000%. I don’t want him to turn heel but he needs to get more serious. He is too good to be goofy all the time.
He's too athletic/electric in the ring, and too good on the mic to not get a shot at a singles run. Whether it's for the U.S. Title or the WWE Title whenever Roman loses it, Montez deserves his shot. Plus the marketing promos they could run of him and Bianca as champions is easy $

It’s going to be one of Rhodes/Zayn/Austin/Rock.

If I had to guess, I’d say The Rock based on the fact that Reigns was on Fallon last night and Fallon made it a point to bring up a possible match between the two. I know there have been reports that The Rock turned down the match but it’s very telling IMO that Fallon brought it up. He obviously was instructed to do that as NBC owns Peacock which will be airing the Rumble + Mania.

We all think Cody Rhodes is going to win it tomorrow night? If not, who y'all got?
Hear Cody Rhodes GIF by Andre Arkade

Advertisement
Back