Pro Wrestling WWE MEGA THREAD

Advertisement
anyone watch this weekend? I enjoyed it. Lots of people left angry with last nights main event though
I liked the overall event...

The only disagreement I had in booking was not putting Omos over; if you’re going to put him with Brock, then put’em over, otherwise you’re wasting a Monster & turning him into a jobber who you’ll have to send back to NXT or eventually just cut him.

I’m 100% on board with keeping Roman as the Champ, he’s been the best Heel in the company & built his gimmick up to the point where he generates heat better than anybody.

I liked the overall event...

The only disagreement I had in booking was not putting Omos over; if you’re going to put him with Brock, then put’em over, otherwise you’re wasting a Monster & turning him into a jobber who you’ll have to send back to NXT or eventually just cut him.

I’m 100% on board with keeping Roman as the Champ, he’s been the best Heel in the company & built his gimmick up to the point where he generates heat better than anybody.
Yeah I was happy Roman pulled out the win. I loved the triple threat match the most, Gunther is one of my “newer” favorites. HITC was pretty good. I don’t really watch the non ppv weekly shows anymore but I’m going to check it out tonight. Some rumblings on Twitter are saying Randy might return, want to see it live incase it’s true. First hour is commercial free

Advertisement
Yeah I was happy Roman pulled out the win. I loved the triple threat match the most, Gunther is one of my “newer” favorites. HITC was pretty good. I don’t really watch the non ppv weekly shows anymore but I’m going to check it out tonight. Some rumblings on Twitter are saying Randy might return, want to see it live incase it’s true. First hour is commercial free
Yeah Finn Balor & Edge put on a great performance.

Gunther was booked perfectly, that’s how you build up a worker into a potential Star that can have staying power. Sheamus & Drew made him look like a million bucks & now going forward you can pretty much put him in with nearly anybody & it will make sense.

Pre WrestleMania I thought that Roman would retain, and lose to Bron Breakker at WrestleMania 40. I’m now leaning heavily towards the notion that Roman will retain until 40, but lose in a heel vs heel match to Gunther. And Gunther will retain until WM42, at which point WWE will finally have a babyface champion again.

As for Randy, he’s no where close to returning from his back surgery.

Advertisement
Very much looking forward to UE vs the Elite once Kyle O’Riley is back

Since there is no AEW thread and I had to scroll back 12 pages for this one...bye bye Phil

1693690000524.png

Advertisement
Other than the pipe bomb speech, he’s done nothing memorable
That “pipe bomb” was a complete work as well. Vince & the writers literally told him to go out there & cut a promo.

Punk is the modern day version of Brat Hart, whiny baby who disguises his selfishness by trying to act like a martyr, when really all he’s ever doing is just trying to get himself over. Except he’s not anywhere near the level of worker that Hart was.

The Hitman’s redeeming quality was that he was arguably the greatest technical wrestler in the history of the business & he pretty much made almost everybody he worked with look like a million bucks putting on 5-star matches. But Punk is a very average wrestler overall & has never been a great worker, most of his most notable matches he was carried.

Punk has some mental health issues he needs to take care of.

With that said, maybe Tony Khan should sacrifice someone to fire every pay per view cycle, because All Out was an incredible show. Danielson-Starks, Omega-Take****a, Orange Cassidy-Jon Moxley are all some of the finest in pro wrestling. Great matches all on the same show. Rest of the card was good, too. Go check it out if you have not.

Advertisement
There is an AEW thread btw:

It's just that the product is dog**** week to week since Brawl Out, outside of MJF/Cole and Collision (which nobody watches) so it's fallen into Bolivia. Running off your biggest merch seller and draw is some smooth as a baby's brain stuff.

Last edited:
@DMoney

Rumor is our girl Jade Cargill to WWE is happening.
Didn't see this one coming, actually. She doesn't need the money at all and I thought she would stick with the much lighter travel schedule, but good on her if that's what she wants. Jade was about the only AEW talent who could pass the billboard/marquee test and have people think that is what a star wrestler should look like.

Didn't see this one coming, actually. She doesn't need the money at all and I thought she would stick with the much lighter travel schedule, but good on her if that's what she wants. Jade was about the only AEW talent who could pass the billboard/marquee test and have people think that is what a star wrestler should look like.
WWE is a better spot for her.

She struggles bell to bell. She can't go 10 minutes. But that's not really a requirement until you get to the title match level anyway in WWE and she's got potential to do that, just never got reps in AEW to get to that level. But she could main event a Mania in WWE if she can just go like a nice tight 10 minutes. She's got everything but. But that's just got to get there.

Also, the AEW bashing should have ceased to exist after they pulled the greatest gate in the history of wrestling at Wembley. These guys are obviously major players and the deal they are going to get is basically going to be WWE's current deal. Considering its been around for all of 5 years, thats ******* incredible.

However, even I've soured on it a little bit. Much like the guys on this forum really dislike the current bell-to-bell flip flop applesauce and would prefer more Austin, Rock, HHH, Hogan, Savage, Michaels, Taker type main event style because it is more of a serious style...I really dislike the direction of current wrestling storytelling. The melodrama and high school theatre monologues and backstage 1m one act plays and the attempt at SAGA type storylines ******* stuh-inks. It is what made me understand Cribby or DMoney or Memnon's opinion of modern bell-to-bell...we can respectfully disagree on that...its preference...but it made me get their side of it a little more, because a lot of people love the Bloodline stuff, the knockoff Judgment Day stuff, they love this Brochacho stuff...but its the worst, to me. I just want to see Terry Funk come up to congratulate Ric Flair after beating Ricky Steamboat at WrestleWar, and casually ask for a title match, only for Flair to dismiss him with some bull**** excuse, which sets Terry off and he piledrives Flair through a table...sets up a title match at the next big PPV...they cut some promos...and they go out and have a banger match everyone who saw it can remember. Can somebody just give me ******* that, please? Got Roderick Strong yelling ADAM!!!! ADAM!!!! ADAM!!!! while on a stretcher to end Dynamite. Like, what in the **** are we doing here? Terrible.

Advertisement
Back