Pro Wrestling WWE MEGA THREAD

WWE is a better spot for her.

She struggles bell to bell. She can't go 10 minutes. But that's not really a requirement until you get to the title match level anyway in WWE and she's got potential to do that, just never got reps in AEW to get to that level. But she could main event a Mania in WWE if she can just go like a nice tight 10 minutes. She's got everything but. But that's just got to get there.

Also, the AEW bashing should have ceased to exist after they pulled the greatest gate in the history of wrestling at Wembley. These guys are obviously major players and the deal they are going to get is basically going to be WWE's current deal. Considering its been around for all of 5 years, thats ******* incredible.

However, even I've soured on it a little bit. Much like the guys on this forum really dislike the current bell-to-bell flip flop applesauce and would prefer more Austin, Rock, HHH, Hogan, Savage, Michaels, Taker type main event style because it is more of a serious style...I really dislike the direction of current wrestling storytelling. The melodrama and high school theatre monologues and backstage 1m one act plays and the attempt at SAGA type storylines ******* stuh-inks. It is what made me understand Cribby or DMoney or Memnon's opinion of modern bell-to-bell...we can respectfully disagree on that...its preference...but it made me get their side of it a little more, because a lot of people love the Bloodline stuff, the knockoff Judgment Day stuff, they love this Brochacho stuff...but its the worst, to me. I just want to see Terry Funk come up to congratulate Ric Flair after beating Ricky Steamboat at WrestleWar, and casually ask for a title match, only for Flair to dismiss him with some bull**** excuse, which sets Terry off and he piledrives Flair through a table...sets up a title match at the next big PPV...they cut some promos...and they go out and have a banger match everyone who saw it can remember. Can somebody just give me ******* that, please? Got Roderick Strong yelling ADAM!!!! ADAM!!!! ADAM!!!! while on a stretcher to end Dynamite. Like, what in the **** are we doing here? Terrible.
The storytelling is what drives the business; if it’s just matches with nothing behind it, there’s nothing to invest in, unless you’re a hardcore wrestling fan.

Sure the old school NWA style is great as well, but the business has evolved to where you’re not going to draw fans off just a nice matchup, there has to be something else to keep audiences interested. It’s about the product for TV, nobody really cares how great of a match you have at a House show, it only matters what you do on Monday, Tuesday & Fridays.

It’s also just a result of the bar being set so high during the Attitude & Ruthless aggression era that it’s been virtually impossible to come close or replicate it in today’s day & age. The Monday Night Wars spoiled us, there will never be anything like it as far as Sports Entertainment in the wrestling business again; it was straight Box Office appointment television on a weekly basis.

The biggest issue AEW has is they don’t have any Starpower to drive the company, they have some of dudes who are good workers, but that’s it. They really don’t know how to get anybody over to the point they can compete with WWE on an entertainment standpoint. WWE for all it’s corniness & bad decisions they make every year, still has the best TV product hands down. The quality of ring-work has drastically decreased, but the storylines are still there. Their writing machine is still strong, plus they’ve Mastered the art of home grown talent & getting somebodies gimmick over.

AEW just has a bunch of dudes with no direction & no vision.

Advertisement
That Saturday ppv was sweet. Randy Orton! I watched last night too just to see those two. Wwe has been on fire this year
For every criticism I have of WWE & the backstage management, those mf’ers still have me hooked.

After years of not watching, I’ve pretty much haven’t missed a Raw at all since last year.

They really understand how to sell their TV product better than any promotion in the history of the business.

And now with Orton & Punk back, they have a sh*t ton of storylines those guys can work that will carry them until Summerslam 2024. And I don’t like Punk much at all, but he can work multiple programs with Seth Rollins, Cody Rhodes, Roman Reigns, Jey Uso & ton of other Superstars. ****, even he & Dominick Mysterio would make for great entertainment lol.

Now I won’t be surprised if in patented WWE fashion they bury him, but that’s something I’m sure he was well aware of before he signed the contract & I would guess given his current circumstances he doesn’t really care. He clearly needs the money, so it’s a win-win for all parties involved.

For every criticism I have of WWE & the backstage management, those mf’ers still have me hooked.

After years of not watching, I’ve pretty much haven’t missed a Raw at all since last year.

They really understand how to sell their TV product better than any promotion in the history of the business.

And now with Orton & Punk back, they have a sh*t ton of storylines those guys can work that will carry them until Summerslam 2024. And I don’t like Punk much at all, but he can work multiple programs with Seth Rollins, Cody Rhodes, Roman Reigns, Jey Uso & ton of other Superstars. ****, even he & Dominick Mysterio would make for great entertainment lol.

Now I won’t be surprised if in patented WWE fashion they bury him, but that’s something I’m sure he was well aware of before he signed the contract & I would guess given his current circumstances he doesn’t really care. He clearly needs the money, so it’s a win-win for all parties involved.
I grew up watching WWE but haven't actually followed for years, I'd only watch clips of big returns or something like that and then I'd usually watch Royal Rumble/Wrestlemania in college with friends but otherwise never watched anything else. This year I watched the Royal Rumble and I got super hyped so after that I started paying closer attention to the buildup to Wrestlemania. I've watched every PPV event this year and loved them all. I believe the Rumble in 24 is end of Jan? I'll definitely be watching again. My whole Twitter for you page lately is filled with WWE lol. I think they are going to go super slow with Punk and eventually have him face Roman. They have a lot of options for 2024

Advertisement
Wrestlings Not Fake GIF by SUPER LTD

Advertisement
100%. They would be top guys in any era.

That has to be the Rumble match.
Story wise you think they're still slow building to Cody vs Roman at the next Wrestlemania where Cody takes the belt ??? Or do you think they have Roman drop it too someone else??? I mean we know it's coming ...
I don't see him dropping it to Randy...Would be nice for Randy but I don't see it.... With CM Punk back it made me wonder if they'll skip over Cody but they've done a good job thus far of keeping Cody really hot as a Baby face.... I could see Cody vs Punk before Wrestlemania and then the final push to Roman and Cody...

I've been watching since the 70's... Used to go to WWF shows at Madison Square Garden as a kid.... For the most part I've watched every era pretty consistently except the Cena era... That one I kinda tailed off a bit...
With Vince finally out of the picture I'm happy they're letting HHH have control... the stories have been a lot better.... I really thought HHH would have been pushed out as well but it seems he's well liked by Endeavor....
I really like AEW as well but it seems like they're falling further and further behind.... It's really starting to show in live broadcasts.....

Last edited:
Advertisement
Story wise you think they're still slow building to Cody vs Roman at the next Wrestlemania where Cody takes the belt ??? Or do you think they have Roman drop it too someone else??? I mean we know it's coming ...
I don't see him dropping it to Randy...Would be nice for Randy but I don't see it.... With CM Punk back it made me wonder if they'll skip over Cody but they've done a good job thus far of keeping Cody really hot as a Baby face.... I could see Cody vs Punk before Wrestlemania and then the final push to Roman and Cody...
Cody v. Roman at Mania, IMO.

Advertisement
I think Roman drops the strap to Orton.

Cody IMO will program with Seth Rollins after he gets Punk outta the way.

They're not gonna put Punk back in the top spot, that's not how WWE works. They're gonna bury him with Rollins & then send'em to work against Judgement day with Balor & Priest.

I've been watching since the 70's... Used to go to WWF shows at Madison Square Garden as a kid.... For the most part I've watched every era pretty consistently except the Cena era... That one I kinda tailed off a bit...
With Vince finally out of the picture I'm happy they're letting HHH have control... the stories have been a lot better.... I really thought HHH would have been pushed out as well but it seems he's well liked by Endeavor....
I really like AEW as well but it seems like they're falling further and further behind.... It's really starting to show in live broadcasts.....
WWE is a $1.3B company (currently). AEW is a $100M company (prior to a new content deal).

But storyline wise they've fallen flat over the last 18 months and it's caught up with AEW. Attendance is sagging pretty badly and even if booking improves, it will be many months before attendance begins to rebound.

Advertisement
Back