Pro Wrestling WWE MEGA THREAD

Didn't notice last night, but apparently cody got a tooth knocked out after taking a Claymore Kick
Yeah I saw it last night but it was quick
IMG_1191.jpeg

Advertisement
The past week has been ugly to say the least.... WWE in scramble mode to take attention away from the Vince fiasco , to their credit they have but in a extremely dissatisfying way.... ******** Cody and doing it rather blatantly is not going over well.... I enjoyed The Rock in his heyday , but his throwing weight and doing so rather publicly now is disturbing....
They need to be careful how they play this both in front of the camera and behind the scenes.... Rumors now swirling that HHH could be let go/replaced... I honestly expected that so it's not surprising.... It's more the timing and other factors Rock related that make it uneasy....
I know a few of us talked a while back when the buyout happened how a few situations could play out but I honestly didn't see things going like this.... As it stands right now Cody just got railed hard... Yes they can do things to save it but this initial hit was tough to swallow.... More to come obviously...

Dwayne doing what Dwayne does best. Making it about him. Fast and Furious, DCU, now WWE.

The press conference was actually very entertaining..... What I take from it is either the whole thing was a work or WWE went into major scramble mode to right the ship....
Having the Rock turn heel was a good move... Instead of fighting the backlash, embrace and make it work... No issues there.
Having Cody say that the main event decision is his to make due to winning the Royal Rumble is again a solid move... Even in the world of Kayfabe you don't want to negate what winning the Royal Rumble means....
HHH posted that the Main is official now with Cody and Roman ( For now) so the WWE handled the damage control aspect well..
We still have plenty of time to add more wrinkles to this and I'm sure they will but overall they setup/saved the Roman - Cody main event and probably made it bigger even without the Rock being in the actual match.... As I said before.......More to come...

Advertisement
The press conference was actually very entertaining..... What I take from it is either the whole thing was a work or WWE went into major scramble mode to right the ship....
Having the Rock turn heel was a good move... Instead of fighting the backlash, embrace and make it work... No issues there.
Having Cody say that the main event decision is his to make due to winning the Royal Rumble is again a solid move... Even in the world of Kayfabe you don't want to negate what winning the Royal Rumble means....
HHH posted that the Main is official now with Cody and Roman ( For now) so the WWE handled the damage control aspect well..
We still have plenty of time to add more wrinkles to this and I'm sure they will but overall they setup/saved the Roman - Cody main event and probably made it bigger even without the Rock being in the actual match.... As I said before.......More to come...
I think this was always the plan…it worked the fans and the wrestling media that got “leaks” from a company that does not leak (it’s an instantly fireable offense).

I think this was always the plan…it worked the fans and the wrestling media that got “leaks” from a company that does not leak (it’s an instantly fireable offense).
I could only say the Vince thing really put WWE in a bad light and they had to do something fast...
Everything that followed could have been planned or on the fly... I don't know... But thankfully they got WrestleMania sorted... You gotta finish the Cody story... And yes doing it the way they did absolutely brought more eyes to the event so like I said I could see it all being a work...

So it'll be Seth/Cody vs Rock/Roman on night 1? With Rock/Roman winning and putting pressure on Roman to beat Cody on night 2. And Cody wins night 2. And there'll be a tension standoff between Roman/Rock that sets them up for 2025 Mania?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Happy with how some of night 1 played out. I'm ready for Main Event GUNTHER to take on Rollins/Mac winner next.

Advertisement
BUNCHA JABRONIS REALLY THOUGHT THE ROCK WASN'T GONNA GET THE PIN TONIGHT AND PUT HIMSELF OVER NIGHT ONE
For some reason I think the Rock turns on Roman and goes face.... There was a moment there where there was a awkward stare down by Rock and Roman... Just feels like the flip is gonna happen...
Having Rock as a heel worked for the moment but I think they really want him as a face for outside the ring stuff....I'm just guessing obviously but it makes sense I think....

Happy with how some of night 1 played out. I'm ready for Main Event GUNTHER to take on Rollins/Mac winner next.
Lotta options with Gunther.... He's so good... You can throw him in anywhere and he'll make it work.... That IC run really made him a major player.... Gunther now the longest reigning IC champ ever and Roman being second longest reigning World Champ(I believe I'm right there , only Bruno is ahead of him) was part of WWE's plan to modernize the title picture....

Lotta options with Gunther.... He's so good... You can throw him in anywhere and he'll make it work.... That IC run really made him a major player.... Gunther now the longest reigning IC champ ever and Roman being second longest reigning World Champ(I believe I'm right there , only Bruno is ahead of him) was part of WWE's plan to modernize the title picture....

GUNTHER vs Drew for Clash at the Castle in Europe for the title. Calling it now

Advertisement
Back