Pro Wrestling WWE MEGA THREAD

Advertisement
And now Steph has stepped down, again. Rumors swirling that H's might not be around. Vince forcing a sale to the Saudis because they are the only potential buyers who will allow for him to stay on running the company.

Vince settling all family business.
That literally seems to be the case.

For whatever reason, Vince decided in 2020 that Paul Levesque was not the right person to succeed him. By 2021, Levesque had been demoted, his beloved NXT destroyed, and his loyalists released. By 2022, his wife had been demoted.

Then in July, the salacious reports on Vince come out. Vince is persuaded to resign.

And then he likely realizes that his son and daughter - who replaced him - were potentially the ones who released the reports to begin with.

And then Vince - like Palpatine on Exegol - plots his return. And then he does.

Vince likely knows that his time is short. More damaging information might be released. So it could be that he's going to sell the company, and quickly. If he cannot have WWE, neither will his son and daughter and law.

Some potential GoT type machinations that make Montreal look small in comparison.

That literally seems to be the case.

For whatever reason, Vince decided in 2020 that Paul Levesque was not the right person to succeed him. By 2021, Levesque had been demoted, his beloved NXT destroyed, and his loyalists released. By 2022, his wife had been demoted.

Then in July, the salacious reports on Vince come out. Vince is persuaded to resign.

And then he likely realizes that his son and daughter - who replaced him - were potentially the ones who released the reports to begin with.

And then Vince - like Palpatine on Exegol - plots his return. And then he does.

Vince likely knows that his time is short. More damaging information might be released. So it could be that he's going to sell the company, and quickly. If he cannot have WWE, neither will his son and daughter and law.

Some potential GoT type machinations that make Montreal look small in comparison.
The hottest thing on their show right now is Sami Zayn. I can't imagine what that means for him.

Advertisement
Iron Sheik Win GIF

The hottest thing on their show right now is Sami Zayn. I can't imagine what that means for him.
I'm not certain. Saudi Arabia apparently would not allow him to perform in-country. That probably has nothing to do with their stance on American shows.

I imagine he had a long talk with the new management. My suspicion is that Sami stays.

The thing about Vince potentially coming back as HOC, is I wonder if that’s actually gonna be a good thing?

Obviously, given Vince’s history he’s greatest promoter in the history of the business & no has ever come close to the Mountain of amazing ideas he’s come up with to push the envelope & produce a great product for TV...

But it can’t be denied that over the last several years he definitely lost quite a bit on his fastball & the product itself had completely slipped into irrelevancy for quite some time. I’d argue that the WWE made a resurgence back during the Covid era from 2020 on, the TV has actually been pretty good & the storylines & programs have been mostly B+ - A material. The question is, how much of that was Vince vs how much of it was Paul (Triple H), Steph, Shane O Mac etc..

I mean I’d say within the last 3 years or so Roman Reigns is just now finally getting over as a Heel, I’d wager that a lot of that had to do with Paul being the lead backstage on his character development instead of Vince’s tried & tested formula of getting his Heel’s over as basically like quasi Babyface-Heels. By my estimation, I think Trip’s method won out in the tug of war in how to get him over.

As far as factions is concerned, killing off the The Hurt Business was one of the dumbest decisions the company has made in the last decade & from my understanding that was Vince’s (bad) call. I’d like to know who was responsible for putting the USO’s with Roman, I’d guess that was Triple H or possibly even Heyman himself, but that was a great decision.

Point being, does Vince still got it? Maybe he does, but depending on what stories you believe about the direction the company was going in over the last 10+ years it may be a case where his way of doing things didn’t produce the best outcomes the way it always did during the height of the best Wrestling entertainment on TV in the history of the business.

Advertisement
Professional Wrestling is as American as Apple Pie. There might be some proto-carnival roots in England in the mid-late 1800s that you can trace Pro Wrestling back to, but its an American creation. It is American theatre. It is Americana.

When they teach students about the effects of the Industrial Revolution in America...the growth of modern American culture...the first things people did when they were afforded leisure time was go to baseball games, boxing matches, movie theatres, jazz clubs...and local professional wrestling. It is a piece of the pie of what makes us Americans whether you like it, love it, grown out of it, think its silly...whatever your opinion...its ******* AMERICAN. When you talk about the invention of the Autombile, the emergence of the NFL and the NBA, jazz music, hip hop...inherently American cultural concepts that define America...pro wrestling is in that mix.

I understand the capitalist, global, and even personal reasons why Vince would sell his father's company to the Saudis...I get it...

It doesn't mean I have to like it...and I don't care about WWE proper or anything like that...but Vince owns 99% of Pro Wrestling History...and he just sold it to the Saudis. Its just gross and really eats at whatever nationalism I have in me. Just sucks.

Its like if the NFL was sold off to Vladimir Putin or MLB sold to Kim Jung-un or jazz music being sold to Erdogan. Like...**** man, that ******* sucks. **** that ************. This **** is supposed to be ours.

Last edited:
Putting Lashley over to get another US title belt run is smart business.

Austin Theory should drop the strap at Royal Rumble to Bobby Lashley & then Lashley & Omos can work a program until Elimination Chamber & Wrestlemania.

Advertisement
Don’t see that happening. Stone Cold might wrestle at Mania but he won’t face Roman.

The Rock or Cody will be Roman’s opponent.
With Vince back, I think Austin is the fallback if they cannot reach an agreement with Johnson. Cody is Plan C, but I would imagine that the next biggest match that you could do would be Austin wrestling one last time for the title at WrestleMania.

If Levesque and Stephani were still running things, it would be (1) Rock (2) Cody.

Regardless, I believe Roman will retain whoever he faces and will be champion until WrestleMania 40. He still has PPV title defenses that he can work against:

• Cody Rhodes (multiple times)
  • AJ Styles
  • Brock Lesnar (final match - **** in the Cell)
  • Bobby Lashley
  • Seth Rollins
  • Jimmy Uso (beginning the breakdown of the Bloodline)
  • Jay Uso (continuing the breakdown of the Bloodline)
  • Solo (continuing the breakdown of the Bloodline)
  • Sami Zayne (concluding the Bloodline)
  • Randy Orton (if he can wrestle again)
  • Nick Aldis (if they're ready to really push him)

Advertisement
With Vince back, I think Austin is the fallback if they cannot reach an agreement with Johnson. Cody is Plan C, but I would imagine that the next biggest match that you could do would be Austin wrestling one last time for the title at WrestleMania.

If Levesque and Stephani were still running things, it would be (1) Rock (2) Cody.

Regardless, I believe Roman will retain whoever he faces and will be champion until WrestleMania 40.
HHH is still running creative. All reports state Vince hasn’t been at any shows or even back at his office. He’s strictly been spearheading the search for a buyer.

Now, could that change? Absolutely. And if it does I could then see a scenario where Stone Cold is offered the Roman match if Rock declines. But a decision needs to be made soon, as the Rumble is next week.

y’all not sick of Roman having the title? Cause I sure as **** am
I’m not, because he’s finally found his footing as a legit Heel & it makes for great story telling to have him continue to have the top 2 straps until someone else is built up enough to beat him.

Right now, aside from Lashley (IMO) I don’t think the WWE has anybody who can carry the company on their back as a top tier Superstar in the same way that Reigns can. A lot of that is WWE’s fault for not successfully building Stars & creating good enough gimmicks to where they can have multiple A-side Superstars that can carry the brunt of the company for TV & PPV streaming.

Back during the 2000’s they did a great job building The Rock, Stone Cold, Triple H, Kane, Mick Foley, Chris Jericho & others up enough to where they could give any one of them the strap at any time & there wouldn’t be drop off in viewership or PPV sales, they were all great characters that could be the lead for company on their own.

In today’s WWE, we have guys like Austin Theory, Finn Balor, Kevin Owens, The Miz, Braun Strowman etc all who are good workers & performers but are pretty much B-side characters that have no lasting power because the writers haven’t figured out how to get them over on the same level as a top Superstar.

With AJ Styles & Randy Orton out with injury, all they have left is Seth Rollins & Lashley who can be legitimate challenges from a story plot perspective that could work a good program with Reigns. Drew McIntyre & Reigns is a complete dud & doesn’t move the needle, because McIntyre’s gimmick has no real character depth to build on.

I would like to see somebody else at least get one of the belts, however, nobody has really stepped up to prove they’re worthy of getting it IMHO, except for maybe Lashley or Rollins, but everyone else doesn’t appear to have the “IT” factor as of now to get a real title run.

HHH is still running creative. All reports state Vince hasn’t been at any shows or even back at his office. He’s strictly been spearheading the search for a buyer.

Now, could that change? Absolutely. And if it does I could then see a scenario where Stone Cold is offered the Roman match if Rock declines. But a decision needs to be made soon, as the Rumble is next week.
He's been training.

78638-16732843186077-1920.jpg

Advertisement
Back