WTH is Tennessee Paying?

Advertisement
They might be decommit U this season if they have another crap season...

Quite obvious they dropped early bags on top of selling the kids that their turning it around THIS season so jump on.

Advertisement
Tennessee has always recruited well and they finished the year on a 6-game winning streak.

Recruiting is a momentum game and they are trending in the right direction.

This. Additionally, Pruitt has 4 national championships in the last decade. He can sell the same defensive pedigree and NFL lists as Saban and Kirby Smart but with more available playing time

Tennessee has always recruited well and they finished the year on a 6-game winning streak.

Recruiting is a momentum game and they are trending in the right direction.
Tennessee been taking care of kids families since Brent Schaeffer and well before and well after

Advertisement
When Pruitt was hired I remember him saying it would take about 4-5 recruiting classes to get close to Alabama’s level. They went from 5-7 to 8-5 in his first 2 years so they’re assuredly spinning the momentum story.
Don’t care for Pruitt and some of his piece of **** sc-mbag players / recruits (offhand Exhibit A being the LB they had on video in the police car last year, Exhibit B is TBD — I’ve read the Florida LB recruit has already had some issues in HS so who knows) but he’s selling something ( yeah I know many will say bags).
The stadium is nice though; huge and close to a river where I think they have boat parties before the games.

Tennessee hasn't had a 10 win season in 12 years...

TAMU hasn't had a 10 win season in 8 years...

What do they both have in common? An over million dollar recruiting budget.

Tenn spent $2million dollars on recruiting & TAMU spent $1.79mill.

One of the things that doesn't get discussed enough as it pertains to our recruiting struggles is the simple fact we don't spend enough money. I'm not talking about "bags", we just don't allocate enough funds to the Football program overall & it shows on the field.

The discussion is always centered around winning, but lots of teams don't win & still recruit well, of course winning is very important & would help a great deal with our recruiting, but even in 2017 when we were undefeated & the #2 ranked team in the Nation after beating Notre Dame kids weren't knocking down the door to come to Miami, we finished with a good class for that season, but we still missed on most of our top targets.

Recruiting is about effort more than anything, if you put in enough effort for a kid you can most likely get'em.

I don't think Tenn is bagging up all these kids, obviously they do pay players we all know that, but all the commits they've been getting recently isn't due to them paying kids, most of those kids haven't even had a chance to visit Tennessee's campus & have only had online Zoom conference calls with their staff. Even if they Cashapp kids there's a limit to how much you're allowed to send to a kid & that would actually leave behind the most obvious trail of evidence ever. They're getting these kids because they've done a good job selling their program & their coaches are experienced well known recruiters.

Pruitt, Derrick Ansley, Jay Graham & Tee Martin are some of the most well respected crooters' in the business, those guys all recruited well at every program they were at before all being at Tenn.

Last edited:

One of the things that doesn't get discussed enough as it pertains to our recruiting struggles is the simple fact we don't spend enough money. I'm not talking about "bags", we just don't allocate enough funds to the Football program overall & it shows on the field.

The discussion is always centered around winning, but lots of teams don't win & still recruit well, of course winning is very important & would help a great deal with our recruiting, but even in 2017 when we were undefeated & the #2 ranked team in the Nation after beating Notre Dame kids weren't knocking down the door to come to Miami, we finished with a old class for that season, but we still missed on most of our top targets.

Recruiting is about effort more than anything, if you put in enough effort for a kid you can most likely get'em.

I don't think Tenn is bagging up all these kids, obviously they do pay players we all know that, but all the commits they've been getting recently isn't due to them paying kids, most of those kids haven't even had a chance to visit Tennessee's campus & have only had online Zoom conference calls with their staff. Even if they Cashapp kids there's a limit to how much you're allowed to send to a kid & that would actually leave behind the most obvious trail of evidence ever. They're getting these kids because they've done a good job selling their program & their coaches are experienced well known recruiters.

Pruitt, Derrick Ansley, Jay Graham & Tee Martin are some of the most well respected crooters' in the business, those guys all recruited well at every program they were at before all being at Tenn.

while youre right, i dont think UM will ever get to those two schools recruiting budget. just gotta win and hope its enough for the local kids to stay home

Advertisement

The discussion is always centered around winning, but lots of teams don't win & still recruit well, of course winning is very important & would help a great deal with our recruiting, but even in 2017 when we were undefeated & the #2 ranked team in the Nation after beating Notre Dame kids weren't knocking down the door to come to Miami, we finished with a old class for that season, but we still missed on most of our top targets.

Agree on all this, recruiting is a grind and you need grinders who are going to hit up the kids daily and let them know that they are wanted and we certainly don’t have that on defense. I’m sure our recruiting budget isn’t AS big is cause we don’t have to rent a PJ for our coaches to go visit a kid that Is 30 minutes drive away. I know Coley at UGA would come down to watch kids play a day before UGA plays we just don’t have that sort of money to spend. We definitely should’ve had a better class in 2018 with the on field success we had.

while youre right, i dont think UM will ever get to those two schools recruiting budget. just gotta win and hope its enough for the local kids to stay home
We don't have to spend $2mill but I believe we can crack at least $1mill for a recruiting budget.

Even FSU spent $1.5mill for 2018-19 recruiting budget & Nebraska spent $1.2mill.

Obviously it's much easier for state schools with large attendee base to generate more revenue so they can spend a lot more. We're a small private school with less than 20,000 students so I recognize the difficulty in that, but even with that we still could do more if we had better leadership in the administration from the President & AD on down.

The cheat code a lot of the SEC schools have is the SEC Network, they all get large payouts from their TV contracts with the SEC Network which allows them to have more discretionary spending.

Texas has always been a cash cow due to a heavy private Billionaire booster base with an unlimited War chest, plus the Longhorn Network gives them endless streams of revenue.

I wish there was a way we could get out the ACC & either go to the Big XII or go independent, but if there was a way for us to have our own version of the Longhorn Network, (basically the Hurricane network) we could potentially generate a lot of revenue from it, but I don't have much faith it would be run properly lol.

As a private school we have to be better than the rest as far as scouting and ESPECIALLY development. Jimmy & Butch’s staffs had that ability in droves. Bag “carpet bombing” will never be our thing. Winning, “sniper bags” and development of 3-4stars will be key. My $0.02. Hope everyone remains healthy.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
We need Bin Laden to send some funds here

Never knew a Bin Laden graduated from Miami

"the chairman of the Jeddah-based Saudi Binladin Group and the largest shareholder in the Group, with a 23.58% holding,[1] and, according to some, was the "true ruler of Jeddah"[2] He is the son of the family's patriarch − Mohammed bin Awad bin Laden − and a half-brother of Osama bin Laden."

Tennessee been taking care of kids families since Brent Schaeffer and well before and well after

Facts. Tennessee been Paying players since the early 2000’s I know for sure. First hand accounts. The money dried up on Butch cause they wanted him gone. Don’t be fooled though. They have a deeeeep network when it comes to recruiting and then taking care of players once they are on campus

Advertisement
Back