WTH is Tennessee Paying?

Didn't they finish maybe like 4th overall in Basketball recruiting this year...

Lol, No question there is a booster involved who has kept paying during covid...

Advertisement
**** dj williams said he didn’t get it at first but went to a uga game and said he understands now why guys go there. Samari rolle former nole said he went and seen bama and the shît was amazing

I went to the Bama LSU game this past year and I gotta admit it was pretty bad ***. It was like no other sporting event I have been too. It's the atmosphere and culture that sets it apart from other schools and conferences. I can definitely see why kids choose these kind of schools.

Advertisement
I went to the Bama LSU game this past year and I gotta admit it was pretty bad ***. It was like no other sporting event I have been too. It's the atmosphere and culture that sets it apart from other schools and conferences. I can definitely see why kids choose these kind of schools.

You mean our 14,000 fans at hard rock isn’t bad ***?

Advertisement
We could go on a similar run in-state prospects only if everything came together.....

Tennessee hasn't had a 10 win season in 12 years...

TAMU hasn't had a 10 win season in 8 years...

What do they both have in common? An over million dollar recruiting budget.

Tenn spent $2million dollars on recruiting & TAMU spent $1.79mill.

One of the things that doesn't get discussed enough as it pertains to our recruiting struggles is the simple fact we don't spend enough money. I'm not talking about "bags", we just don't allocate enough funds to the Football program overall & it shows on the field.

The discussion is always centered around winning, but lots of teams don't win & still recruit well, of course winning is very important & would help a great deal with our recruiting, but even in 2017 when we were undefeated & the #2 ranked team in the Nation after beating Notre Dame kids weren't knocking down the door to come to Miami, we finished with a good class for that season, but we still missed on most of our top targets.

Recruiting is about effort more than anything, if you put in enough effort for a kid you can most likely get'em.

I don't think Tenn is bagging up all these kids, obviously they do pay players we all know that, but all the commits they've been getting recently isn't due to them paying kids, most of those kids haven't even had a chance to visit Tennessee's campus & have only had online Zoom conference calls with their staff. Even if they Cashapp kids there's a limit to how much you're allowed to send to a kid & that would actually leave behind the most obvious trail of evidence ever. They're getting these kids because they've done a good job selling their program & their coaches are experienced well known recruiters.

Pruitt, Derrick Ansley, Jay Graham & Tee Martin are some of the most well respected crooters' in the business, those guys all recruited well at every program they were at before all being at Tenn.
I agree except in 2017 at 10-0 we were the hot item. I am convinced that had we won two of the last three game the class would have been exceptional. Losing to Clemson would have been "we just needed you on that field" but getting **** on by Pitt and that other team said "same old ****" to recruits. Mark missed the moment, as is his history. No doubt we need to spent like others but we are the one school who could just frigging win and kids would lean toward us -- at least driving the price of taking them up. I believe every kid would love to play at the old U we love but not what we have been seeing. Current U has little or no pull.

So let me get this straight. Vols “getting better” in year 2 is enough to get the the 5 star kids from everywhere. But we have to “string a few 10 win seasons together” to get kids from sofla? Recruiting budgets are just an excuse to make peope say “oh well that’s why”. Really? that’s why?
I’m gonna tell y’all right now that even 11 wins aren’t getting us Williams’s nor Taylor or that 5 star db from palmetto. And it ain’t getting us Brooks from bama.
These mfers keep going to coaches that ain’t won sht and have even gotten worse despite stacking 5 stars (Kirby smart) and now the new bag dropper is Dollywood. Uga has 3 years of recruiting way better than cmr did and didn’t even make the playoffs last year.
So why tf do these kids go to question mark coaches and programs. Why do these kids go far away from home to play with dudes that aren’t as good as the kids they play with or against in the tri-county? I mean if your gonna go play for Kirby smart or Tennessee who haven’t done sht with dudes that you haven’t played with then why not play for a question mark coach with all the dudes south of 1-4 that you know will wipe their *** with any team theoe schools have? Why can’t Leonard Taylor and Savion Collins say “bruh let’s stay home and get some of these dudes and lets ball on the same team.
How many times do we have to post the “what could have been” all star team consisting of all the sofla kids that leave.
The past 4 years how many kids from sofla have won a natty? How about they all stay and guarantee a playoff spot.
I don’t even think some of the dudes we got are sticking. But hey I’m the crow eating champion on here so we’ll see.

Advertisement
Phil Fulmer IS the AD at Tennessee, too.

Not saying there's a connection, but they did a lot of winning when he was the HC.

And he may know something about how to get the players - and how to compete in the SEC and nationally.

I'll admit, I did like watching Tennessee play when he was the HC.

They could bring it.

Advertisement

After Tenn flipped Wilcoxson from UF, UF flips him back lol.

This kid is a Romello Height style Georgia troll, dramatic recruitment will not be over til it's over.

He aint budging now. I think he realizes spots in the secondary getting tight. We're gonna make a mistake in slow playing Donovan McMillon waiting on Collier (yall here have opened my eyes on how he's overrated ratings wise) and you know we're holding a spot for Marshall too. I always knew Kamar would flip back

He aint budging now. I think he realizes spots in the secondary getting tight. We're gonna make a mistake in slow playing Donovan McMillon waiting on Collier (yall here have opened my eyes on how he's overrated ratings wise) and you know we're holding a spot for Marshall too. I always knew Kamar would flip back
2 questions:
1) Are you guys recruiting him as a CB or Safety?

2) Do you see Oh St, Bama or UGA jumping in to try & flip him from UF again?

And yeah yall had some early momentum with McMillon, but it seems Va Tech has caught up & Oregon may be the sleeper in that recruitment as well, although I doubt a PA kid wants to go all the way to Eugene, especially given that his dad is a Coach. I don't think he's a take for PSU because they want Derrick Davis.

Idk where yall stand with the Palmetto boys, but I used to believe Marshall was a solid UF lock, but now I honestly think Bama is gonna press hard to sell him on being the next Surtain/Jobe. Bama doesn't have any CB's committed in their class & they're getting all their Florida recruits out the way early, I have a feeling they're making a push for Marshall.

Advertisement
Back