WTH is Tennessee Paying?

Advertisement
We need Bin Laden to send some funds here

Never knew a Bin Laden graduated from Miami

"the chairman of the Jeddah-based Saudi Binladin Group and the largest shareholder in the Group, with a 23.58% holding,[1] and, according to some, was the "true ruler of Jeddah"[2] He is the son of the family's patriarch − Mohammed bin Awad bin Laden − and a half-brother of Osama bin Laden."
Some of these kids never met osama. There’s a great book on the family by Steve coll

I know kids who went there for visits. It’s a great game day atmosphere

Over 100K, people lining the streets, parties everywhere, players treated like gods on campus, oh yeah that’s just like every other $EC school. They have always recruited well. Same as Miami. It’s been coaching and development that has been their problem.

Facts. Tennessee been Paying players since the early 2000’s I know for sure. First hand accounts. The money dried up on Butch cause they wanted him gone. Don’t be fooled though. They have a deeeeep network when it comes to recruiting and then taking care of players once they are on campus
All facts. They can got 4-8 the next 2 year and you can look at sum head scratching recruiting pulls

Advertisement
Tennessee hasn't had a 10 win season in 12 years...

TAMU hasn't had a 10 win season in 8 years...

What do they both have in common? An over million dollar recruiting budget.

Tenn spent $2million dollars on recruiting & TAMU spent $1.79mill.

One of the things that doesn't get discussed enough as it pertains to our recruiting struggles is the simple fact we don't spend enough money. I'm not talking about "bags", we just don't allocate enough funds to the Football program overall & it shows on the field.

The discussion is always centered around winning, but lots of teams don't win & still recruit well, of course winning is very important & would help a great deal with our recruiting, but even in 2017 when we were undefeated & the #2 ranked team in the Nation after beating Notre Dame kids weren't knocking down the door to come to Miami, we finished with a good class for that season, but we still missed on most of our top targets.

Recruiting is about effort more than anything, if you put in enough effort for a kid you can most likely get'em.

I don't think Tenn is bagging up all these kids, obviously they do pay players we all know that, but all the commits they've been getting recently isn't due to them paying kids, most of those kids haven't even had a chance to visit Tennessee's campus & have only had online Zoom conference calls with their staff. Even if they Cashapp kids there's a limit to how much you're allowed to send to a kid & that would actually leave behind the most obvious trail of evidence ever. They're getting these kids because they've done a good job selling their program & their coaches are experienced well known recruiters.

Pruitt, Derrick Ansley, Jay Graham & Tee Martin are some of the most well respected crooters' in the business, those guys all recruited well at every program they were at before all being at Tenn.

Extremely well said and accurate. Ask SC fans about Tee Martin's recruiting abilities. They miss him.

One of the things that doesn't get discussed enough as it pertains to our recruiting struggles is the simple fact we don't spend enough money. I'm not talking about "bags", we just don't allocate enough funds to the Football program overall & it shows on the field.

The discussion is always centered around winning, but lots of teams don't win & still recruit well, of course winning is very important & would help a great deal with our recruiting, but even in 2017 when we were undefeated & the #2 ranked team in the Nation after beating Notre Dame kids weren't knocking down the door to come to Miami, we finished with a good class for that season, but we still missed on most of our top targets.

Recruiting is about effort more than anything, if you put in enough effort for a kid you can most likely get'em.

I don't think Tenn is bagging up all these kids, obviously they do pay players we all know that, but all the commits they've been getting recently isn't due to them paying kids, most of those kids haven't even had a chance to visit Tennessee's campus & have only had online Zoom conference calls with their staff. Even if they Cashapp kids there's a limit to how much you're allowed to send to a kid & that would actually leave behind the most obvious trail of evidence ever. They're getting these kids because they've done a good job selling their program & their coaches are experienced well known recruiters.

Pruitt, Derrick Ansley, Jay Graham & Tee Martin are some of the most well respected crooters' in the business, those guys all recruited well at every program they were at before all being at Tenn.

It says alot about your program if your spending alot on recruiting, getting top recruits, and havent had a 10 win season in 12 years.

I rather spend how we spend now.

We don't have to spend $2mill but I believe we can crack at least $1mill for a recruiting budget.

Even FSU spent $1.5mill for 2018-19 recruiting budget & Nebraska spent $1.2mill.

Obviously it's much easier for state schools with large attendee base to generate more revenue so they can spend a lot more. We're a small private school with less than 20,000 students so I recognize the difficulty in that, but even with that we still could do more if we had better leadership in the administration from the President & AD on down.

The cheat code a lot of the SEC schools have is the SEC Network, they all get large payouts from their TV contracts with the SEC Network which allows them to have more discretionary spending.

Texas has always been a cash cow due to a heavy private Billionaire booster base with an unlimited War chest, plus the Longhorn Network gives them endless streams of revenue.

I wish there was a way we could get out the ACC & either go to the Big XII or go independent, but if there was a way for us to have our own version of the Longhorn Network, (basically the Hurricane network) we could potentially generate a lot of revenue from it, but I don't have much faith it would be run properly lol.

Do you think, with the rise of programs like UNC, Syracuse, and the eventual return of UM, FSU, and VT that the ACC will ever be at the same level as the other conferences in terms of viewership and revenue?

Advertisement
Most of those commits won’t stick. But Tee can croot. It’s why they’ve, the fan base, have wanted him back for quite some time.

Crazy how the NCAA, CBS and ESPN look the other way...SEC football is overtly corrupt. Talk all you want about recruiting budgets and paying coaches. It’s about the Jimmy’s and Joe’s and when you have money poured at these cats and no one cares enough to blow up such corruption, you then have this outcome.

Do you think, with the rise of programs like UNC, Syracuse, and the eventual return of UM, FSU, and VT that the ACC will ever be at the same level as the other conferences in terms of viewership and revenue?
That's a possibility, but in terms of conference networks the ACC is behind the SEC, B1G & Big XII.

Hopefully the ACC network makes more money because the more money they make the larger the payouts will be.

But with ESPN creating the ACC Network they have to value it as much as they value the SEC network & that only comes from fan response. ESPN puts all their investment & effort into the SEC Network because their fans give them a large return, SEC fans make a nice portion of the revenue they generate from the network from viewership, advertisements, subscriptions etc.. Aside from Clemson football, Duke/UNC & Louisville Basketball I don't think the ACC has many hardcore large fan bases that are as dedicated as SEC school fans are.

I don't see it happening anytime soon but I think ultimately our best bet to ever become a cash cow program is to get out of the ACC & try to do it on our own as an independent or join in with the Big XII, although that's probably never going to happen.

Advertisement
Tennessee has always recruited well and they finished the year on a 6-game winning streak.

Recruiting is a momentum game and they are trending in the right direction.

Out of those not one ranked team and not one team that had less than 5 losses.

They beat
USCe- 4-8 horrible team
UAB - 9-5 non P5 school that just started playing football again
Kentucky 8-5 a basketball school
Vanderbilt- 3-9 who doesn’t beat vandy
Missouri 6-6 another terrible team
Indiana 8-5 a former basketball school

They paying!

I pointed out recruiting Budget disparity last week in another discussion. Your 1000% dead on. Bleacher report had a article on Clemson having a weekend recruiting expense that was over 800 bands..in a single weekend ..****crazy

Advertisement
They have excellent/elite recruiters(Pruitt, Ansley, Tee Martin, Brian niedemeyer(who was at Miami under golden) plus more.......plus everyone in the sec pays.

they EASILY have some of the best recruiters in the country
That staff can definitely sell. They’ll have to win games to hold it together.

Out of those not one ranked team and not one team that had less than 5 losses.

They beat
USCe- 4-8 horrible team
UAB - 9-5 non P5 school that just started playing football again
Kentucky 8-5 a basketball school
Vanderbilt- 3-9 who doesn’t beat vandy
Missouri 6-6 another terrible team
Indiana 8-5 a former basketball school

They paying!

They still went on a 6 game winning streak; and quite honestly, let’s pls stop throwing rocks out of glass house on other people’s schedule. We very likely would’ve went 0-6 or 1-5 against that same schedule, and we witnessed it first hand.

I alluded to this in another UT thread...Pruitt will flash 4 rings, name drop players he’s directly coached that were 1st rounders, has major recruiting connections due to his time in Bama, UGA, and FSU. So yeah, Tennessee is paying, we know that; but Pruitt now has some momentum behind him w some of the best recruiters on payroll.

We need to get our act together ASAP, and stop worrying about these other schools.

People don’t mention that one of the reasons they have to have a big budget is bc of the lack of quality recruits in the state of Tenn so they have to recruit nationally which automatically balloons the budget. There’s a reason why Nebraska has a budget over a million....bc they have to

Advertisement
Back