WR Jontavious Carter off the team

Well Ermon there is one less you have to go against if depth matters to you so much.... but I have a feeling Berrios and Dixon will commit

Advertisement
This is very surprising, he was showing a lot of promise. Not like the Dillard situation.

Let's wait to see if there's more to the story before passing judgement.

If he was asked to leave to take scholarship reduction, I do not think that is the right and fair thing to do this close to the season starting. He should have been asked over the summer to allow him to get his ducks in a row and not have to scramble to find another college. For that reason I do not believe Golden would have done that to him this late in the game.

Advertisement
Is it really surprising to some that the 6th WR on the depth chart transferred? Especially a depth chart with only 1 SR above you.

This happens everywhere.

So I guess I'm the only one worries about guys dropping off the team like flies?? This **** is concerning brah... Any dumb *** that think he wasn't going to record playing time has peas for brains... Injuries happens and this kills our depth... This ain't good

i prefer dixon, that kid has great speed.

You are so correct. who was carter going to beat out? we have a stable of nfl caliber receivers. Malcolm came back and looks good. Then once Coley came in and took his spot, it was a wrap. i wish the kid the best.

Is it really surprising to some that the 6th WR on the depth chart transferred? Especially a depth chart with only 1 SR above you.

This happens everywhere.

I think it's more because while he was the 6th guy, there was potential there and many including myself expected D Jones to be the guy to go.

On another note, this should press the issue on a couple of our other WR potential recruits. Between barrios, and Dixon one of them needs to commit now. ****, hopefully it helps us with Randolph.

Advertisement
So I guess I'm the only one worries about guys dropping off the team like flies?? This **** is concerning brah... Any dumb *** that think he wasn't going to record playing time has peas for brains... Injuries happens and this kills our depth... This ain't good

Vern, this is what I wrote earlier in the thred:

"Chise, IIRC, the Playmaker actually redshirted as a frosh

But I think a better example would be guys like Dale Dawkins and Andre Brown, guys who were relegated to back-up status for like 3 years behind 'the Bomb Squad'(Irvin, Blades, Perriman) and then in 88 after they had all left, finally got on the field consistently and provided quality play for UM as upperclassmen

What concerns me about this is that every program( quality ones, at least) need steady, experienced veterans that can come in and give you reliable play after the superstars leave early. Too much attrition, can leave some holes or vacuums in the roster. The guys like Dawkins and Brown provided a bridge before WR's like Lamar Thomas, Wesley Carrol( JC guy, so I know its a bit different), Hi-C, Kevin Williams and Darryl Spencer got on the field

But I don't think there's any doubt that this culture now is about instant gratification"

And no, you're not the only one worried. Carter seemed to have an upside and the ability to eventually be a contributor, unlike some of the other transfers. So yeah, this one here is different and a bit troubling

Where Picksix and the rest of the stooges so yall can tell me the main reason he gone is b/c Al Golden kicked off the team b/c he wasnt good enough..... lol

There he is! Zone3 is here just to discuss football. Yeah he isn't the biggest douchebag troll this board has ever seen or anything.

Kids gone because he was buried on the depth chart and Golden gave him the talk. Yepopah, he wasn't good enough to cut it at Miami. Now give me your loser mentality speech how he was just a freshman and not everybody is going to be a baller and he could have provided depth to push the other guys. Lol!

**** you're annoying..

This happens everywhere.

I'm not surprised. I just get sickened when freshmans quit especially when we're not even that deep at the position. He either got bad advice or he's a shortsighted guy who doesn't want to compete. Keep in mind again that he was only a freshmans.

Advertisement
Where Picksix and the rest of the stooges so yall can tell me the main reason he gone is b/c Al Golden kicked off the team b/c he wasnt good enough..... lol

There he is! Zone3 is here just to discuss football. Yeah he isn't the biggest douchebag troll this board has ever seen or anything.

Kids gone because he was buried on the depth chart and Golden gave him the talk. Yepopah, he wasn't good enough to cut it at Miami. Now give me your loser mentality speech how he was just a freshman and not everybody is going to be a baller and he could have provided depth to push the other guys. Lol!

Lol Its funny that as much as you like to mouth breathe all over this website, I would think you would actually have a clue but it's obvious you just like to rant angrily and embarrassingly about **** you know nothing about.

Your post lately have been full blown ****** w/ no reason behind it.... lets break down how stupid u are.

So although Al Golden said in an interview that wide receiver depth concerns him b/c they dont have a lot of scholarship numbers, and although Jon. Cater has been receiving nothing but praise from coaches and teammates since the spring..... the out of the blue sky reason that he's off the team was b/c Al Golden "gave him the talk" and said "since you are not better then the very talented receivers in front of you, i want you off the team?"

lol you are pathetic

Advertisement

**** you're annoying..

Pot meet kettle...

D'Mauri got next.... he gon get a lot of PT this year. He was very impressive in the spring and is a very good athlete for a 6'4" receiver.

I see a lot of potential in him.... u know the word potential is a made up word , if you listen to guys like Picksix talk and say dumb**** all day.

This happens everywhere.

I think it's more because while he was the 6th guy, there was potential there and many including myself expected D Jones to be the guy to go.

On another note, this should press the issue on a couple of our other WR potential recruits. Between barrios, and Dixon one of them needs to commit now. ****, hopefully it helps us with Randolph.

Carter did seem like he had potential but when you are 6th of the depth chart and you got passed by a true FR, this move isn't surprising. Going into next year he is the 5th WR behind Dorsett, Scott, Water, Lewis, Coley. Still not much playing time there.

He probably saw he wasn't going to get much burn the next 2 years and decided to move on.

If anything, I see this as a huge positive.

Advertisement
Back