WR Jontavious Carter off the team

Waters, Coley, Lewis all the same age or younger and ahead of him on the depth chart. Sucks I always thought Carter would be a great depth guy because I thought he could play some at a high level.

Maybe he just realized he would likely never be a starter.

Advertisement
If you include Dewey as gone as well that makes 10 guys from 2012 class no longer on the team. Witt couldn't help it and Thompson decided on baseball but thats alot of guys who didn't make it to their second season.

To me this is a testament to the hard nose coaching and the staff (AG) not putting up with any BS! That's ok, it's better to only have the ones who want to be here and are willing to put in the work in order to be a part of something special. Obviously Witt and Thompson would be here if they could.

Do you guys look at the roster every day to see who isn't on it?

Serious question.

Stacey Coley effect!

Was just about to say that. Imagine seeing Scott, Dorsett, Lewis, and Waters in front of you and then in walks Coley and you see you'll never be as good as him. And let's not forget that Griffin and Langham are on the way. As good as Carter was getting he was buried.

Is everybody sure he's gone?

Advertisement
That seems strange without a doubt...... From all the reports the kid looked as he had earned some playing time in between the hashes this season.......

If anything I thought it would of been D'Mauri Jones that would of been seeking somewhere else to play...... Not a peep on this kid so far this Fall camp......

Advertisement
We've got seven, not six wide receivers. Hurns, Dorsett, Scott, Lewis, Waters, Coley, Jones. Probably four coming in next year.
Not terrible. No need for Brian Monroe.

Must be a family issue because he will have to sit for a year, would easily be in the rotation next year if not this year with injuries and knuckle headiness.

Advertisement
All these guys are leaving because of competition.

Not because we suck.

We back.

I won't speculate on what is going on, but we are going to have a recruiting class of 35 kids.

With no scholarship reductions or attrition (there will be both), the max we can take is 28 to fill up 85 scholarship spots.

Advertisement
its all part of the rebuilding process, we are having to gamble on some recruits as we don't have the demand we used to. winning games makes this go away. best of luck to the kid

Where Picksix and the rest of the stooges so yall can tell me the main reason he gone is b/c Al Golden kicked off the team b/c he wasnt good enough..... lol

its all part of the rebuilding process, we are having to gamble on some recruits as we don't have the demand we used to. winning games makes this go away. best of luck to the kid

Kids will always transfer, no matter if your record is 0-12 or 12-0.

Advertisement
Back