WR Jontavious Carter off the team

I won't speculate on what is going on, but we are going to have a recruiting class of 35 kids.

With no scholarship reductions or attrition (there will be both), the max we can take is 28 to fill up 85 scholarship spots.

That's the max we can take, that's is not the max we can sign. There will be more attrition, and you bet any money that Miami is going to appeal any scholarship reduction just to take a bigger class. There is no way I can see this team taken less than 30 kids.

Advertisement
I hope D'Mauri Jones understands the process, he got a lot of talent and potential, and now is going to get some good PT time this year that he probably wasnt going to get at first.

All u gotta do is think about what happened to Allen Hurns and Malcolm Lewis last year to realize that at any moment ur services could be needed.

Me thinks Corn Elder is gon have to move to slot receiver immediately.

Last edited:
I won't speculate on what is going on, but we are going to have a recruiting class of 35 kids.

With no scholarship reductions or attrition (there will be both), the max we can take is 28 to fill up 85 scholarship spots.

That's the max we can take, that's is not the max we can sign. There will be more attrition, and you bet any money that Miami is going to appeal any scholarship reduction just to take a bigger class. There is no way I can see this team taken less than 30 kids.

I just said there would be attrition, I was just giving info on where we are at numbers wise. Don't be so sure miami appeals any scholarship reductions. It really depends on what we get to see if we will appeal or not. I agree that we will end up in the 29-32 range.

its all part of the rebuilding process, we are having to gamble on some recruits as we don't have the demand we used to. winning games makes this go away. best of luck to the kid

Kids will always transfer, no matter if your record is 0-12 or 12-0.

no doubt about it. i was referring to the 4 this month and 10 since last season more so than carter. al had to throw as much at the wall and see what stuck is my point and that is part of rebuilding.

Advertisement
Where Picksix and the rest of the stooges so yall can tell me the main reason he gone is b/c Al Golden kicked off the team b/c he wasnt good enough..... lol

There he is! Zone3 is here just to discuss football. Yeah he isn't the biggest douchebag troll this board has ever seen or anything.

Kids gone because he was buried on the depth chart and Golden gave him the talk. Yeah, he wasn't good enough to cut it at Miami. Now give me your loser mentality speech how he was just a freshman and not everybody is going to be a baller and he could have provided depth to push the other guys. Lol!

Last edited:
We all knew guys would leave. I always try to look at it from the kids perspective. No matter how short sided that may be...

Dude was here, redshirted, probably felt like he ball'd out in the spring. Told if he works hard he could get in rotation. Summer comes and the south florida kid Coley along with it. Coley is balling and getting reps, but at same time I feel like Im ballin too. Flying around making plays. Game week rolls around, Coley is with regular offense and Im still stuck on scout team or left off roster....

F*CK THIS, F*ck Golden and his 3 ring binder!! IM OUT!!

Kid came to play ball, and he not or so he thought. So he bailed, best of luck to him in his future endeavors

I just said there would be attrition, I was just giving info on where we are at numbers wise. Don't be so sure miami appeals any scholarship reductions. It really depends on what we get to see if we will appeal or not. I agree that we will end up in the 29-32 range.

You're right. If it's 3 years and 15 scholarships, I agree, but if it is more than that, I think we will appeal. Most big-time programs appeal just to see if they can get their punishment reduce.

Advertisement

28 is the max, but then you add in early entries.
Off the top of my head I figure we signed like 19 last year with maybe 4 EE's. add in renfrow, Gilbert, o'donnell and elder leaves us with 6 spots for EE's this year, so 28 + 6 = 34 we can sign.
With 19 seniors graduating and no Dewey we would have 56 scholarship players leaving room for 29 more.
These numbers don't account for early draft entries and that it's 8 am on a Saturday and I'm still sipping my first cup of coffee.

Last edited:
Coley has come in and jumped the whole depth chart at one of the easiest positions to transition from high school.A freak injury and he could be starting. Everyone talks about hard work, but talent + hard work=transfers at that position.

Big ups to dmauri jones for hanging in there.

I'm limited in what I can glean from limited film, but Dmauri Jones was really snagging some catches like a pro - and I've been really looking forward to seeing him play. That doesn't diminish my anticipation of our other outstanding receivers, but to me it looked like another Herb Waters in the making.

Kids want to change horses in the middle of a stream, they don't want to push through to get to the other side when the stream is wide. Too bad.

Advertisement
This sucks cause he was gunna get burn at some point with injuries and he was fresh legs midway thru season.. Him and Lockhart leaving sucks, maybe we will split some of the athletic tightens out

I'm limited in what I can glean from limited film, but Dmauri Jones was really snagging some catches like a pro - and I've been really looking forward to seeing him play. That doesn't diminish my anticipation of our other outstanding receivers, but to me it looked like another Herb Waters in the making.

Kids want to change horses in the middle of a stream, they don't want to push through to get to the other side when the stream is wide. Too bad.

was he redshirt Soph. or junior?

Freshman

was he redshirt Soph. or junior?

Freshman

wow. I think dude could have been good

Advertisement
Situations like this is why you should never feel content when recruiting certain positions. Golden hasn't shown any sign of that fortunately.

We all knew guys would leave. I always try to look at it from the kids perspective. No matter how short sided that may be...

Dude was here, redshirted, probably felt like he ball'd out in the spring. Told if he works hard he could get in rotation. Summer comes and the south florida kid Coley along with it. Coley is balling and getting reps, but at same time I feel like Im ballin too. Flying around making plays. Game week rolls around, Coley is with regular offense and Im still stuck on scout team or left off roster....

F*CK THIS, F*ck Golden and his 3 ring binder!! IM OUT!!

Kid came to play ball, and he not or so he thought. So he bailed, best of luck to him in his future endeavors

:ibisroflmao:

Advertisement
Back