WR Jontavious Carter off the team

Advertisement
Zone
U have no clue. He recruited this chump after being hired with a week left of recruitingHe has cut bait with most. A Jones might last this year
But next year he's gone. Where was Carter gonna play? He's been passed over. We got min 3 coming in. 3 more after that. Dude is a stick with no speed. Seen it firsthand at practice, did u?

No reef you dont know anything about what you are talking about...... this post comes off even more ridiculous.

"A stick w/ no speed".... lol oh ok? Jon. Carter is 6'2" 205 pounds and is aggressive as ****, got into w/ T. Howard last year. As far as speed goes, I did clearly see him catch and out run one of our corners (either Antonio Crawford or Nate Dortch) for a TD on video. He out ran L. Gunter for a TD during the spring game, u dont have a clue.

You dont understand how and why coaches evaluate and offer players and how every coach in America runs a quality college football program... Coaches arent offering under the radar guys b/c of what they can do as a freshman, its mind-boggling that i even have to stress this repeatedly on this site.

How is any coach ever going to see the majority of their players, who arent superstars as freshman, meet their full potential if you kick all of them off the team b/c they werent good enough to make a crowded depth chart a year after you redshirted them?.... it's like elementary school on this website smh.

Last edited:
He was a **** of a goon though too.

Elaborate.

I have no personal info on him but guys that know the team, and have had classes with Carter have talked extensively about his "goon status". He was already suspended by Golden before as well. He was one of the ones talked about, along with EJ, Finnie, Terry that could be potential discipline problems down the road. Seemingly all of those have come true at some point.

Gotcha. Wonder if this changes Golden's thinking on taking these type of guys. EJ and Finnie were last minute additions but he had time to evaluate Carter and Terry.

Its a good question. Its why its nice to have faith in your coach to sit down with the families and kids and make the right moves. Sure you take risks and it doesn't always work out but that stuff happens. I don't worry about the attrition because Golden has clearly built a core group with certain values. If someone can't follow that, then you gotta go. Not singling out Carter not knowing the full reasons, but we've seen it a few times already.

If he can't play he can't play. They don't need 2-3 years to know if a guy can play, and they **** sure can see
Local future studs who they need to have a spot for. ANd if the kid in question is a knucklehead it makes it that much easier to get rid of him.

He was a **** of a goon though too.

Elaborate.

I have no personal info on him but guys that know the team, and have had classes with Carter have talked extensively about his "goon status". He was already suspended by Golden before as well. He was one of the ones talked about, along with EJ, Finnie, Terry that could be potential discipline problems down the road. Seemingly all of those have come true at some point.

Gotcha. Wonder if this changes Golden's thinking on taking these type of guys. EJ and Finnie were last minute additions but he had time to evaluate Carter and Terry.

Its a good question. Its why its nice to have faith in your coach to sit down with the families and kids and make the right moves. Sure you take risks and it doesn't always work out but that stuff happens. I don't worry about the attrition because Golden has clearly built a core group with certain values. If someone can't follow that, then you gotta go. Not singling out Carter not knowing the full reasons, but we've seen it a few times already.

I don't think there are any recruits in this class with potential personal problems, are there?

Advertisement
Elaborate.

I don't think there are any recruits in this class with potential personal problems, are there?

Couldn't tell you to be honest. That Kaaya kid looks like a hooligan though.

Couldn't tell you to be honest. That Kaaya kid looks like a hooligan though.

Straight goon status

437755.jpg

If he can't play he can't play. They don't need 2-3 years to know if a guy can play, and they **** sure can see
Local future studs who they need to have a spot for. ANd if the kid in question is a knucklehead it makes it that much easier to get rid of him.

BOOM here is the joke right here.... you are one of these guys that think Miami should only recruit players from SFL. lol Miami already has enough room w/o kicking him off the team, for the receivers they want in this class, what about that cant u comprehend? AL Golden said he didnt feel comfortable w/ the number of scholarship receivers before Carter left....

lol Also If it was about next year then Al Golden wouldve waited until the season was over to kick him off the team. I'm trying to figure out when are you going to say something that makes any type of sense?

Jontavious Carter was behind a crowded depth chart it had nothing to do w/ not being able to play, if you cant understand that you are just slow.... and ur point about Coaches not needing 2-3 years to know if a guy can play just shows you how ignorant you are when it comes to sports in general b/c first its not about needing to know its about growth and development.

I mean have you watched the last couple years under Golden w/ ur eyes closed? You must have b/c if you saw the games then you would've seen plenty of guys that did nothing at UM their first 3 years but ended up being solid players their Senior years.

Coaches know the 1st practice of a kids freshman year if they are a lemon. It happens more than you know.
Zone - it's been fun but I got better stuff to do than argue about a guy who can't crack the depth chart.

Advertisement
RS Freshman down on a depth chart, is exactly what the **** we have been pining for for the last few years.

Now it means a kid sucks? SMH.

Coaches know the 1st practice of a kids freshman year if they are a lemon. It happens more than you know.
Zone - it's been fun but I got better stuff to do than argue about a guy who can't crack the depth chart.

Lol, I'm convinced you're trolling.

We need backups because injuries WILL happen. Garrett Kidd might get some reps this year, he looked good in the scrimmage.

RS Freshman down on a depth chart, is exactly what the **** we have been pining for for the last few years.

Now it means a kid sucks? SMH.

Such lovely fans we have. They're all incredibly intelligent.

/Mouthbreathers.

Advertisement
These kids are ridiculous. If everyone would leave just because they aren't a 1 or 2, then we would only need 45-50 players. We have 85 scholarships and some kids need to understand that some kids have to wait until there junior or senior season. Most people that have played football even on the high school level have to wait until they are a junior or senior.

Ryheem Lockley will be playing WR in prep school this season, that what I read earlier this summer in a article. He might be able to play WR for us too. I definitely understand why Golden doesn't feel good about the numbers.

Advertisement
Zone
U have no clue. He recruited this chump after being hired with a week left of recruitingHe has cut bait with most. A Jones might last this year
But next year he's gone. Where was Carter gonna play? He's been passed over. We got min 3 coming in. 3 more after that. Dude is a stick with no speed. Seen it firsthand at practice, did u?

Derp. J carter was a 2012 kid not 2011. If this is because the kid was not good enough then it was a bad eval.

Zone

Derp. J carter was a 2012 kid not 2011. If this is because the kid was not good enough then it was a bad eval.

reef has to be trollin ..... he is counting high school players as the reason why Jon. Carter wasnt going to play. lol wow

It's called red-shirt and if you think every true freshman receiver that comes in is going to get playing time their first year or they arent good enough, *********

Last edited by a moderator:
The longer these threads go with the never ending inane back and forths the more unreadable it becomes. This board is clearly better in the offseason if this **** is any indication of what it's going to get like when the slack-jawed ogres come out of hibernation in late August.

Bottom line: Carter can play. There's no way The Don ran him off to "clear space". Guys are getting more and more retarded with that mantra. This dude can play, and he showed it many times here. He either got in trouble AGAIN and ran out of chances, or he quit because he's a baby who didn't get what he wanted.

The longer these threads go with the never ending inane back and forths the more unreadable it becomes. This board is clearly better in the offseason if this **** is any indication of what it's going to get like when the slack-jawed ogres come out of hibernation in late August.

Bottom line: Carter can play. There's no way The Don ran him off to "clear space". Guys are getting more and more retarded with that mantra. This dude can play, and he showed it many times here. He either got in trouble AGAIN and ran out of chances, or he quit because he's a baby who didn't get what he wanted.

Absolutely, this kid was a steal for us in the 2012 class. He was making plays for us this summer and he was our biggest WR. We need a red zone threat at WR and until we sign Langham and he is ready to play he was gonna be our guy.

Advertisement
Back