WR Dont'e Thornton (Oregon transfer) is visiting this weekend LOL commits to Vols

Let me see if I understand your bull**** justification.

You posted it the first time on Post 435. Then @OrangeBowlMagic responded to a completely separate post on Post 438. And you felt compelled to re-cut-and-paste the same Post 435 garbage in Post 441, because he "obviously didn't see it". Instead of, you know, just telling him to look at Post 435.

Yeaaaahhhh, SOOOO much stuff happened between Post 435 and Post 441...
loser-pathetic.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Incredible how we manage to land one smartest guy in the room after another. It is equally incredible how despite the fanfare coming in and a top 5 recruiting class, Mario has lost so much of the fanbase and has this many red flags.

I get what he is trying to do with building inside out. The problem is those positions take the longest to develop, and in today’s world with the portal, you run a high risk of that vision not coming to be. Of course with the portal there are less excuses to need a 3-4 year rebuild.

Mario needs to pull his head out of his *** and adapt to the current landscape.

If im a WR, after last season i wouldnt come here either. Sorry just facts. Whatever they selling not a one is buying it. Colbie Young, Ray Ray and X gonna have to ball for perceptions to change. Inexcuseable by Cristobal. Dont care who mad. Gattis should not be here. It was hard recruiting WR even before we played a snap last season then We played and confirmed everyone fears.

Btw what were all those reports that Gattis was arrogant and also Addae was not a very easy person to work with. Mario been putting out fake news so we would either be passified or jump on it and spread it.

Advertisement
Incredible how we manage to land one smartest guy in the room after another. It is equally incredible how despite the fanfare coming in and a top 5 recruiting class, Mario has lost so much of the fanbase and has this many red flags.

I get what he is trying to do with building inside out. The problem is those positions take the longest to develop, and in today’s world with the portal, you run a high risk of that vision not coming to be. Of course with the portal there are less excuses to need a 3-4 year rebuild.

Mario needs to pull his head out of his *** and adapt to the current landscape.

Your first sentence is both accurate and heartburn-inducing. I'd just say that the process that got us Manny (a "smartest AD in the room" hires his "smartest coach in the room" buddy) and the process that got us Gattis (Mario looking for a guy who is a good teacher of his own system) were a bit different.

I'm not giving Mario a pass. Mario needs to fix this mistake. But as you and I discussed, Mario OVER-focused on one trait ("teaching skills") and overlooked the coaching fit.

I'll say one other thing...since a lot of posters want to look at "absence of evidence as evidence of absence" when it comes to letting Gattis go....

If Mario was SOOOO committed to retaining Gattis, and knowing that so many people (fans, recruits, HS coaches, etc.) would like to see Gattis go...and having lined up 26 HS/JC recruits and 5 Portal transfers...you would THINK, that if Gattis was sooooo instrumental to what we want to do next year, that Mario would have Gattis more involved with the recruits, you know, THAT HE IS GOING TO COACH. He'd be out at dinner with a CENTER that is going to prevent three of his QBs from being injured. Mario is the type who would double-down, telling recruits "if you pick Miami, you'll have to work hard and live with Gattis's scheme".

Not to mention that Mario could SILENCE all of the whispers with one direct public statement that confirms he is rolling with Gattis in 2023, a statement where he points out all of the OCs and DCs who have "gotten it right" in Year 2 at their new jobs...

But none of those things have happened either. So who knows...

Advertisement
Your first sentence is both accurate and heartburn-inducing. I'd just say that the process that got us Manny (a "smartest AD in the room" hires his "smartest coach in the room" buddy) and the process that got us Gattis (Mario looking for a guy who is a good teacher of his own system) were a bit different.

I'm not giving Mario a pass. Mario needs to fix this mistake. But as you and I discussed, Mario OVER-focused on one trait ("teaching skills") and overlooked the coaching fit.

I'll say one other thing...since a lot of posters want to look at "absence of evidence as evidence of absence" when it comes to letting Gattis go....

If Mario was SOOOO committed to retaining Gattis, and knowing that so many people (fans, recruits, HS coaches, etc.) would like to see Gattis go...and having lined up 26 HS/JC recruits and 5 Portal transfers...you would THINK, that if Gattis was sooooo instrumental to what we want to do next year, that Mario would have Gattis more involved with the recruits, you know, THAT HE IS GOING TO COACH. He'd be out at dinner with a CENTER that is going to prevent three of his QBs from being injured. Mario is the type who would double-down, telling recruits "if you pick Miami, you'll have to work hard and live with Gattis's scheme".

Not to mention that Mario could SILENCE all of the whispers with one direct public statement that confirms he is rolling with Gattis in 2023, a statement where he points out all of the OCs and DCs who have "gotten it right" in Year 2 at their new jobs...

But none of those things have happened either. So who knows...
All that sounds good. What is the point of him doing what he is doing now though? Honest question. I dont wanna hear not knowing who the OC is or in Gattis case knowing who it is dont affect players decsions either.

Of course he did. Why would anyone with an IQ over 50 want to play in this offense? Broyles Award doesn’t mean a **** thing, results do and the results were putrid this season.

Insane Mario publicly called out our WR room numerous times all season and off season and is the best recruiter in the country but can’t get a **** WR to save his life. Not hard to connect the dots why.

All that sounds good. What is the point of him doing what he is doing now though? Honest question. I dont wanna hear not knowing who the OC is or in Gattis case knowing who it is dont affect players decsions either.

What do you think he is doing?

Several people have confirmed that Gattis has interviewed for multiple jobs this off-season. And a fairly well-connected poster hinted (today) that there might be some exit interviews this week.

As always, when it happens, it will become fact.

I've not said that, at this point, it isn't impacting player decisions. It is. It is absolutely impacting WR decisions, though it's not impacting the DT decisions.

This will be a big week for the coaching dominoes to begin falling. And don't get me wrong, I'll be incredibly angry if certain guys are still at UM in a month or two. I just don't complain about it nonstop, because I don't believe my complaints have any impact on "speeding things up".

Advertisement
Back