Wow, what a great set of early games for us...

Stanford TE just hurt his leg bad as one of the safeties dived into his lower leg. That's the scary thing about this rule. Defenders are afraid to go high, so they go low and this happens.

One of the announcers earlier was calling for this to be a penalty also. A strike zone for tackling, if you will.

If they do a strike zone for tackling, there will basically be no defense. It's ridiculous. I get protecting head to head shots, but since they've taken it too far, now people are getting their knees blown up.

Advertisement
O$U's Roby ejected for targeting.
Iowa up 10-3.

That was a bs call too

449.gif

pretty justified call. i don't like the ejection part of the rule, but that looked like a pretty good example of launching your helmet into someone's face.

Cot****. You know how fast the game is moving? There are some very clear head to head plays (see Brandon Meriweather, one of my all-time favorites), but this one above is somewhere between a guy just trying to square up another guy - both shoulder and head go in together.

It will be impossible to play Safety in the future.

Last edited:
Stanford TE just hurt his leg bad as one of the safeties dived into his lower leg. That's the scary thing about this rule. Defenders are afraid to go high, so they go low and this happens.

One of the announcers earlier was calling for this to be a penalty also. A strike zone for tackling, if you will.

If they do a strike zone for tackling, there will basically be no defense. It's ridiculous. I get protecting head to head shots, but since they've taken it too far, now people are getting their knees blown up.

Agreed Lu. This gives the defender little to no room for error. However, of course it would only apply to the "defenseless" player. But let's hope they don't legislate fundamentals into the game.

Duke just took the lead over UVA. Dukes record vs Virginia last five? 4 and 1. I don't even want to know ours.

I don't give a flying F what you think. 8 drops, 9 drops, 3 or 5 drops. Missouri will not jump us but we will be in the top 5 quite possibly. Book that s***

Advertisement
Advertisement
#11 USCe loses to unranked TENN.

#15 UGA loses to unranked VANDY.

#22 UF loses to #14 MIZZOU.

PERFECT results for a Cane fan. Terrible day for SEC.

Go Stanford. Go Clemson.

#9 UCLA goes down!

Let's go Clemson!

Let's go USC!

TD auburn. Three pt game. No manziel maybe. War eagle.

I still think A&M moves up if they lose. Manziel going out negates the result.

Rule 808 (H)(2)(b): If Johnny Football aka Johnny Cash aka Johnny Teabags, leaves the game at any point during a game the result shall not effect their ranking.

Advertisement
Advertisement
wow not too many times overturning a call on the field to a correct one where you get a TD is actually not in your favor..

Advertisement
Back