WOW @ UGA... #61 in recruit rankings

Advertisement
Bama pretty **** low too.

I dont think ive seen bama that low in the last 6 years. Decline?

Georgia fans might be missing Richt sooner than later. I know people crap on him a lot, but fans get spoiled and forget that they have a good thing. Unless you're about to get Saban or Urban, you don't get rid of Richt.

The Les Miles situation is likely going to be the same with LSU, although it was obvious he was too stubborn to change his offense which we all know was the core of his problems.

Advertisement

When you sign a class like they just did and have for the past few years recruits I guess are starting to notice it and don't want to be sitting 2-3 years to play. They still will finish top 5. I think Miami finishes in the top 3 range. Ohio state and clemson are the only ones in the top 10 that have a higher recruit average ranking than Miami but clemson is taking 14-15 kids so our class no doubt will be higher than them. Idk how many Ohio state are taking but their class average is rediculous at like 96 plus. Miami's average of 92.24 is elite as well. Penn state average is behind Miami as well and most likely 5star qb fields will end up flipping elsewhere imo. That would make 2 5 stars that they have lost in Micah parsons and fields if he flips this cycle

Yeap they are done. Loss in the last NC on last second play. History, over, cooked, stick a fork in it. Bama will be up until we take them down. They took our spot in college football: every couple years someone upsets them but NOBODY ever really want to play them. It will be them and the others, until we make them one of the others.

When you sign a class like they just did and have for the past few years recruits I guess are starting to notice it and don't want to be sitting 2-3 years to play. They still will finish top 5. I think Miami finishes in the top 3 range. Ohio state and clemson are the only ones in the top 10 that have a higher recruit average ranking than Miami but clemson is taking 14-15 kids so our class no doubt will be higher than them. Idk how many Ohio state are taking but their class average is rediculous at like 96 plus. Miami's average of 92.24 is elite as well. Penn state average is behind Miami as well and most likely 5star qb fields will end up flipping elsewhere imo. That would make 2 5 stars that they have lost in Micah parsons and fields if he flips this cycle

Word is Bama is "only" taking 21-22 guys this cycle, not the normal 28-29. They also just really aren't in on any 5* guys other than 1 or 2.

They'll have a good class, but I'd think more in the 7-8 range.

2019 they'll probably be #1 again

Georgia fans might be missing Richt sooner than later. I know people crap on him a lot, but fans get spoiled and forget that they have a good thing. Unless you're about to get Saban or Urban, you don't get rid of Richt.

The Les Miles situation is likely going to be the same with LSU, although it was obvious he was too stubborn to change his offense which we all know was the core of his problems.

We fired a guy who went undefeated for his first two years, won one NC and got cheated out of another. College football is NFL today, win or get fired. UGA does not have our history but was patient with Mark, more patient than we will be, trust me. He needs to be in NC game by 5th year or this board will start the planes. He screwed up this year not beating FSU and getting to ACC title game. It was a free year with seasoned QB but he wasted it trying to make talent fit his system for to many games. Until us old guys who remember Hurricane football are dead, no coach is safe.

Advertisement
You know, I was about to make this post about how the state of Georgia is loaded this year and because that fact UGA will probably end up with a top 10-12 class. But I just went through the state's top 25 prospects or so and over 15 are either committed to another school or projected (247 crystal ball) to another school. They may be in trouble this year.

Nice theory, but Alabama stacks them and LSU stacks them and people still come. Nice try.

Advertisement

We fired a guy who went undefeated for his first two years, won one NC and got cheated out of another. College football is NFL today, win or get fired. UGA does not have our history but was patient with Mark, more patient than we will be, trust me. He needs to be in NC game by 5th year or this board will start the planes. He screwed up this year not beating FSU and getting to ACC title game. It was a free year with seasoned QB but he wasted it trying to make talent fit his system for to many games. Until us old guys who remember Hurricane football are dead, no coach is safe.

Mark Richt over Larry Coker any day

Nice theory, but Alabama stacks them and LSU stacks them and people still come. Nice try.
Lsu class is littered mostly with borderline 4star and 3 star kids. Their #2 commit ranked in the top 50 just flipped to Texas 3 days ago and their top commit who is ranked #40 overall has recently talked about backing off of that pledge.

Plus Miami's class is sh*tting on lsu quality wise

Attachments

• IMG_0723.jpg
    IMG_0723.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Advertisement
I've maintained, for years, that UGA is one of true slipping giants in college football. They have the in-state recruiting base, adequate resources, and membership in a power 5 conference. They've just never had a real AD and HC at the same time, and they've never locked down in-state recruiting. It may be that the current administration fails in all three areas. We'll see pretty quick.

It is very interesting to see what Richt is doing to lock down South Florida. Makes you wonder whose fault things really were at Georgia.

Alabama had over 100 million$ in revenue in 2016. With a cult fan base and strong connections in state politics, as well as connections in NCAA
good luck saying they're finished. They had district attorney from another state drop weapons and drug charges on players. They had a high school coach fired at another state. ESPN slurps their baby seed and it seems like recruits love it. Don't be surprised if they announce improvements in their facilities soon. We can't worry about if they "fall off". We have to knock them and Clemson and LSU and FSU off consistently. That's what happened before and it will happen again.

I've maintained, for years, that UGA is one of true slipping giants in college football. They have the in-state recruiting base, adequate resources, and membership in a power 5 conference. They've just never had a real AD and HC at the same time, and they've never locked down in-state recruiting. It may be that the current administration fails in all three areas. We'll see pretty quick.

It is very interesting to see what Richt is doing to lock down South Florida. Makes you wonder whose fault things really were at Georgia.

When Richt was fired this was talked about a lot. Many on here will call it a "false narrative," but even many UGA fans will tell you that the AD was pretty micromanaging. One thing I've heard a lot (don't know if this part is true) is that the powers that be at UGA wanted to somewhat emulate Saban's style which is why Kirby Smart was their number one target.

Either way, it's well known that Richt often didn't get his way, certainly not like the free reign our administration is currently giving him. I absolutely love that almost our entire class is SFL kids, and not just 3 star "diamonds in the rough."

Advertisement
Back