WOW @ UGA... #61 in recruit rankings

Anyone talking about the big recruiting class for UGA last year are forgetting those were Richt's recruits, especially anchored by a top 5 star recruit in Eason. I doubt Kirby finishes top 10 this year in recruiting.

Lmao, that's like saying all of our class last year was Golden's recruits. Eason was 2 classes ago...

Eason was a true freshmans last year. He was a Rick recruit. Almost every true freshmans for us last year was a Folden recruit.

He said last year's top class. Eason was part of the 2016 class which was #8 and their last class was #3 ...

2016 was last year right? This is 2017.

Advertisement
Anyone talking about the big recruiting class for UGA last year are forgetting those were Richt's recruits, especially anchored by a top 5 star recruit in Eason. I doubt Kirby finishes top 10 this year in recruiting.

Lmao, that's like saying all of our class last year was Golden's recruits. Eason was 2 classes ago...

Eason was a true freshmans last year. He was a Rick recruit. Almost every true freshmans for us last year was a Folden recruit.

He said last year's top class. Eason was part of the 2016 class which was #8 and their last class was [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=3]#3 [/URL] ...

2016 was last year right? This is 2017.

True but the poster doesn't want to give Kirby credit for the #3 class that he recruited the whole year...

They did have the #3 class in 2017 which may compensate a bit for this year's bad recruiting. I expect Smart to get the 2018 class in the top 30 by signing day although he may not do much better than that.

Last edited:
They did have the #3 class in 2017 which may compensate a bit for this year's bad recruiting. I expect Smart to get the 2018 class in the top 30 by signing day although he may not do much better than that.

They will have a top 15 class guaranteed

You're right. I had my timing on the classes off as I was thinking about Eason's class as the recent signing day class. With that said, Kirby better show some improvement this year or people are going to wonder why they got rid of Richt to get the same or worse results. It's year 2, so he has time, but fans get restless.

Honestly though, recruits are going to say, I can go to Bama and win titles, or I can go to Saban's DC who's coordinator success might just be attributed to the Saban factor.

Advertisement

Really Richt had pretty much nothing to do with the 2017 UGA recruiting class. You could give Richt half credit for the 2016 UGA class since that was signed two months after his firing.

Really Richt had pretty much nothing to do with the 2017 UGA recruiting class. You could give Richt half credit for the 2016 UGA class since that was signed two months after his firing.

See post directly above.

sigh.. post like this is why other fan bases clown us when the time comes.. we be proclaiming sh*t 3-4 months to early. ie: "Kaaya is the best QB in draft and gonna be a Heisman finalist." months before last season.. now nearly half the fan base hate em.. "Duke gonna be a 1st round RB".. "Stacy Coley is going to be a All-american." (after his Frosh year).. always proclaiming "we back" after a win over big name school that end up finishing like 7-6... I can understand laughing at UiF cuz McTeef clearly can't recruit.. but Georgia JUST pulled in a top 3 class.. df are u talking about "wow UGA is ranked 61th".. at least in year one they have shown sign that they can recruit.. chill.. It may.. season ain't even start yet.
It's crazy that UM fans get excited and hyped up about UM players and teams isn't it? No other fans do that with their teams and players.

Nothing wrong about getting hyped about players/teams with in our fan base.. but the problem is going to other fan bases (especially ones with more recent success then us) talking as if their proclamations are going to be an absolute.. it only sets us up to get clowned afterwards. I sometimes feel like it jinx us.. especially the "We Back!" proclaims after a good start in the season.. we usually crash and burn the minute the fan base start saying that.. All I'm saying is just let things run it course THEN talk trash after the results.

You're right. I had my timing on the classes off as I was thinking about Eason's class as the recent signing day class. With that said, Kirby better show some improvement this year or people are going to wonder why they got rid of Richt to get the same or worse results. It's year 2, so he has time, but fans get restless.

Honestly though, recruits are going to say, I can go to Bama and win titles, or I can go to Saban's DC who's coordinator success might just be attributed to the Saban factor.

Gotcha....

You're right about their fans getting restless. Their 247 board is already going crazy.

Advertisement
Georgia fans might be missing Richt sooner than later. I know people crap on him a lot, but fans get spoiled and forget that they have a good thing. Unless you're about to get Saban or Urban, you don't get rid of Richt.

The Les Miles situation is likely going to be the same with LSU, although it was obvious he was too stubborn to change his offense which we all know was the core of his problems.

We fired a guy who went undefeated for his first two years, won one NC and got cheated out of another. College football is NFL today, win or get fired. UGA does not have our history but was patient with Mark, more patient than we will be, trust me. He needs to be in NC game by 5th year or this board will start the planes. He screwed up this year not beating FSU and getting to ACC title game. It was a free year with seasoned QB but he wasted it trying to make talent fit his system for to many games. Until us old guys who remember Hurricane football are dead, no coach is safe.

We fired a guy who was running off the talent the previous HC recruited and groomed and this guy had completely lost control of the program. We are in the position we are in today, still waiting to return to relevance, because of this guy.

And he failed to win any more NCs. No question Larry should be fired, heck they were 3 years late. Point is that Mark is here got more slack at UGA than he is going to get here. He needs to win, win big, and win soon. Look, I like the kid, yeap I am that old, but he needs to do better here than at UGA. I assume he knows that.

Fair enough for me. I disagree on the slack he was given, because there are only a handful of programs out there averaging the wins he was over the period he was there. Should he have gotten farther, maybe, but let's not act like every team (except bama) doesn't have the same issues. Everyone drops games they shouldn't. Honestly, my biggest fault with him is not being able to beat UF while they were down.

This is like talking about the slack Bob Stoops gets. Stoops has had some stumbles, but they would be crazy to fire him unless they KNOW the next guy is better, and to be better, it **** well better be Saban (who he beat) or Urban.

UGA acted like a reasonable program but remember Mark got crap up there over paying to much attention to his religious duties at one point so they got upset too. The issue I raise is that Miami, despite being in the frigging wastelands because of Donna, is spoiled and will be until all us guys who lived the glory are gone. We are not like Bama, always looking for the next Bear, but we needs those NC regardless of who is the coach. We won them with 4 different ones. That creates a belief that we do not need a Bear or now a Saban. Heck, JJ couldn't coach a Bowl game to save his life when he got here and it cost us two NCs. Dennis should have won 3 in a row. Now we had 3 horrible ones in a row. Mark is a good one so he should win. It doesn't bother me that he didn't win at UGA, nobody does, but he needs to step up his game here. We need to be Canes, not dogs.

On even terms with the teams in the SEC, Richt did pretty well, overall. I think if he'd kept being more hands-on, he would have been more successful, and he's fixed that now. Miami's location as far as recruiting and being isolated from other schools gives him a huge advantage.

Advertisement
The wagons are circled in Georgia for the class of 19. That class is already recruiting for Uga and is loaded with big time players. The True 7 on 7 coach Watson is pointing the players to Uga also. The top 3 wr's in the nation are in Georgia for 2019...Don't count out Smart, he could be a sales director for a big name company. He is that good....

The wagons are circled in Georgia for the class of 19. That class is already recruiting for Uga and is loaded with big time players. The True 7 on 7 coach Watson is pointing the players to Uga also. The top 3 wr's in the nation are in Georgia for 2019...Don't count out Smart, he could be a sales director for a big name company. He is that good....

Sarcasm?
Kenyatta Watson father is actually a Miami fan, son likes Miami too but he also liked fsu and chose them. He's not even that good though and Miami hasn't offered yet. He ain't good but he's a valuable offer consider how close and popular he is with the recruits from Georgia in the 2019 class. Watson is not pushing anyone to uga that's for sure... you got that the other way around

Bama pretty **** low too.

I dont think ive seen bama that low in the last 6 years. Decline?

Yeap they are done. Loss in the last NC on last second play. History, over, cooked, stick a fork in it. Bama will be up until we take them down. They took our spot in college football: every couple years someone upsets them but NOBODY ever really want to play them. It will be them and the others, until we make them one of the others.

It's the day I've been waiting for we need to show them who really rules CFB

Advertisement

Sarcasm?
Kenyatta Watson father is actually a Miami fan, son likes Miami too but he also liked fsu and chose them. He's not even that good though and Miami hasn't offered yet. He ain't good but he's a valuable offer consider how close and popular he is with the recruits from Georgia in the 2019 class. Watson is not pushing anyone to uga that's for sure... you got that the other way around

If Coach Watson is a Miami fan, he's doin a bad job of selling the U. All of Grayson's studs are committed to FSpoo except for Pappoe and Harris. And that's home for his son

sigh.. post like this is why other fan bases clown us when the time comes.. we be proclaiming sh*t 3-4 months to early. ie: "Kaaya is the best QB in draft and gonna be a Heisman finalist." months before last season.. now nearly half the fan base hate em.. "Duke gonna be a 1st round RB".. "Stacy Coley is going to be a All-american." (after his Frosh year).. always proclaiming "we back" after a win over big name school that end up finishing like 7-6... I can understand laughing at UiF cuz McTeef clearly can't recruit.. but Georgia JUST pulled in a top 3 class.. df are u talking about "wow UGA is ranked 61th".. at least in year one they have shown sign that they can recruit.. chill.. It may.. season ain't even start yet.
It's crazy that UM fans get excited and hyped up about UM players and teams isn't it? No other fans do that with their teams and players.

Nothing wrong about getting hyped about players/teams with in our fan base.. but the problem is going to other fan bases (especially ones with more recent success then us) talking as if their proclamations are going to be an absolute.. it only sets us up to get clowned afterwards. I sometimes feel like it jinx us.. especially the "We Back!" proclaims after a good start in the season.. we usually crash and burn the minute the fan base start saying that.. All I'm saying is just let things run it course THEN talk trash after the results.

Well That wouldn't be the Miami way now would it. We talk sh** Hit stick and bust di**

It doesn't matter unless they are near their recruiting allotment. 1 or 2 commitments to UGA and 3 to Bama. Usually they have more at this point, but I'm not expecting Bama to finish outside of the top 25. Honestly.

2019 is like 2017 all over again in Ga, loaded with 4-5 star players. 2018 somewhat a down year, more talent in Fla. and Kirby will do well to end up top 12. Even with all talent signed last two years with Kirby and a clueless coaching staff, canes gonna be a much better football team providing coach can get a QB that will not lose games, just use the talent around them.

Advertisement
Back