WOW @ UGA... #61 in recruit rankings

Smart is from the Saban coaching tree. Saban always closes strong at the end. UGA will probably close strong at the end. UGA did have a top 5 class last year.

I think people are getting a little carried away here and aren't thinking about the timeline. It is still early May. Just about nobody has many commitments this time of year. The only team I used to see have equal or early success like Miami is this year is when Mack Brown was filling entire classes early at Texas some years back

Advertisement
no, UGA is in big trouble with recruiting. Smart thinks he can come back later and get whoever he wants in state.

I have no doubt that UGA will finish strong and they'll get their fair share of top flight in state kids. That said, #61 at this stage is still a bit strange.

no, UGA is in big trouble with recruiting. Smart thinks he can come back later and get whoever he wants in state.

Also noticed three 5* players from Georgia are heavily leaning to FSU (Pappoe, Sheffield and McCullough) in 2019...

I've maintained, for years, that UGA is one of true slipping giants in college football. They have the in-state recruiting base, adequate resources, and membership in a power 5 conference. They've just never had a real AD and HC at the same time, and they've never locked down in-state recruiting. It may be that the current administration fails in all three areas. We'll see pretty quick.

It is very interesting to see what Richt is doing to lock down South Florida. Makes you wonder whose fault things really were at Georgia.

How long can you be a "sleeping giant" before you're just who you are? UGA, aside from the Herschel Walker years, is a 9 to 10 win program in the good times, and an 8 win team in the bad times.

Advertisement
sigh.. post like this is why other fan bases clown us when the time comes.. we be proclaiming sh*t 3-4 months to early. ie: "Kaaya is the best QB in draft and gonna be a Heisman finalist." months before last season.. now nearly half the fan base hate em.. "Duke gonna be a 1st round RB".. "Stacy Coley is going to be a All-american." (after his Frosh year).. always proclaiming "we back" after a win over big name school that end up finishing like 7-6... I can understand laughing at UiF cuz McTeef clearly can't recruit.. but Georgia JUST pulled in a top 3 class.. df are u talking about "wow UGA is ranked 61th".. at least in year one they have shown sign that they can recruit.. chill.. It may.. season ain't even start yet.
It's crazy that UM fans get excited and hyped up about UM players and teams isn't it? No other fans do that with their teams and players.

Georgia fans might be missing Richt sooner than later. I know people crap on him a lot, but fans get spoiled and forget that they have a good thing. Unless you're about to get Saban or Urban, you don't get rid of Richt.

The Les Miles situation is likely going to be the same with LSU, although it was obvious he was too stubborn to change his offense which we all know was the core of his problems.

We fired a guy who went undefeated for his first two years, won one NC and got cheated out of another. College football is NFL today, win or get fired. UGA does not have our history but was patient with Mark, more patient than we will be, trust me. He needs to be in NC game by 5th year or this board will start the planes. He screwed up this year not beating FSU and getting to ACC title game. It was a free year with seasoned QB but he wasted it trying to make talent fit his system for to many games. Until us old guys who remember Hurricane football are dead, no coach is safe.

We haven't won a title in 16 years. Get over yourself.

Advertisement
Georgia fans might be missing Richt sooner than later. I know people crap on him a lot, but fans get spoiled and forget that they have a good thing. Unless you're about to get Saban or Urban, you don't get rid of Richt.

The Les Miles situation is likely going to be the same with LSU, although it was obvious he was too stubborn to change his offense which we all know was the core of his problems.

We fired a guy who went undefeated for his first two years, won one NC and got cheated out of another. College football is NFL today, win or get fired. UGA does not have our history but was patient with Mark, more patient than we will be, trust me. He needs to be in NC game by 5th year or this board will start the planes. He screwed up this year not beating FSU and getting to ACC title game. It was a free year with seasoned QB but he wasted it trying to make talent fit his system for to many games. Until us old guys who remember Hurricane football are dead, no coach is safe.

A recruit from Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, or Mississippi would generally rate an offer slightly under UGA in value. Players from these states see both UGA and Miami as contenders from their conference championship, they just see the SEC is the bigger deal (which it is). If we start winning this changes, but for now I don't think many recruits pay any more attention to our first 4 championships than Alabama recruits pay attention to Bear Bryant.

Alabama had over 100 million$ in revenue in 2016. With a cult fan base and strong connections in state politics, as well as connections in NCAA
good luck saying they're finished. They had district attorney from another state drop weapons and drug charges on players. They had a high school coach fired at another state. ESPN slurps their baby seed and it seems like recruits love it. Don't be surprised if they announce improvements in their facilities soon. We can't worry about if they "fall off". We have to knock them and Clemson and LSU and FSU off consistently. That's what happened before and it will happen again.

Bang bang this is it

Advertisement

We fired a guy who was running off the talent the previous HC recruited and groomed and this guy had completely lost control of the program. We are in the position we are in today, still waiting to return to relevance, because of this guy.

And he failed to win any more NCs. No question Larry should be fired, heck they were 3 years late. Point is that Mark is here got more slack at UGA than he is going to get here. He needs to win, win big, and win soon. Look, I like the kid, yeap I am that old, but he needs to do better here than at UGA. I assume he knows that.

Fair enough for me. I disagree on the slack he was given, because there are only a handful of programs out there averaging the wins he was over the period he was there. Should he have gotten farther, maybe, but let's not act like every team (except bama) doesn't have the same issues. Everyone drops games they shouldn't. Honestly, my biggest fault with him is not being able to beat UF while they were down.

This is like talking about the slack Bob Stoops gets. Stoops has had some stumbles, but they would be crazy to fire him unless they KNOW the next guy is better, and to be better, it **** well better be Saban (who he beat) or Urban.

Anyone talking about the big recruiting class for UGA last year are forgetting those were Richt's recruits, especially anchored by a top 5 star recruit in Eason. I doubt Kirby finishes top 10 this year in recruiting.

Anyone talking about the big recruiting class for UGA last year are forgetting those were Richt's recruits, especially anchored by a top 5 star recruit in Eason. I doubt Kirby finishes top 10 this year in recruiting.

Lmao, that's like saying all of our class last year was Golden's recruits. Eason was 2 classes ago...

Advertisement

A recruit from Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, or Mississippi would generally rate an offer slightly under UGA in value. Players from these states see both UGA and Miami as contenders from their conference championship, they just see the SEC is the bigger deal (which it is). If we start winning this changes, but for now I don't think many recruits pay any more attention to our first 4 championships than Alabama recruits pay attention to Bear Bryant.

That sounds scientific.

Lmao, that's like saying all of our class last year was Golden's recruits. Eason was 2 classes ago...

Eason was a true freshmans last year. He was a Rick recruit. Almost every true freshmans for us last year was a Folden recruit.

Eason was a true freshmans last year. He was a Rick recruit. Almost every true freshmans for us last year was a Folden recruit.

He said last year's top class. Eason was part of the 2016 class which was #8 and their last class was #3 ...

Advertisement
Back