Would you take this deal? (Remainder of season)

Advertisement
For the record, I go against the probabilities and pick a chance at 3-0 (and whatever that risk entails). My reasoning off the board was that the program NEEDS to find its ******* soul. You find that by playing GT first and redeeming last year. Then playing up at WF where refs will likely try to **** us and people will believe their offense will torch our defense. But, coming up a W by any means necessary. Then, yeah UNC has a ton of skill position talent. F it. Their defense has craters in it.

I realize the probabilities of winning all 3 games. I realize what the analytics would probably say. I say there's something to giving an inexperienced coaching staff and a lot of young, untested players all the chances to risk it for the max prize. Anyway, the point of the hypo was discussion and seeing how people really felt about the program.

(To be clear to some, this is a message board. This is a hypo for discussion. If you're on the team or in the program and in here talking about playing one game at a time, please head over to the film room)

I don't get why everyone is scared of Clemson...we kinda bottled up Etienne in terms of the ground game (aside from one gash), and you know **** well King and our WRs can't play any ****tier than they did that night.

Is there a huge talent deficiency? Absolutely.
Do they have better coaches? 100%.

But if this was the case for every game in existence, upsets wouldn't happen. That's why you play the game.
We have to get use to playing and competing in those type of of games. Clemsons program is. Those type games are a different level of comp. the only way you get your program to that point is to play them. Not by hoping to avoid them for 2 years while u think you’ve built a team to match them. You’ve got to go through them. Playing Clemson on that stage only makes you better

Advertisement
Asked this off the board and got some interesting answers and rationales.

You're told you can sign on the dotted line right now for either:

1. 2-1 finish with a loss to WF, but guaranteed wins against UNC and GT

2. A chance to go 3-0 for remainder of season.

Which option do you choose?
Lol! 😆😆😃🤣 I choose 3

I think it's implied by "a chance at 3-0" (but really could be anything). The 3-0 wording (on a fan board, i realize) seems to rile up more emotions, which is also interesting.
Agreed. More talking to the theoretical responses. People say ‘hey, 3-0, boo-yah.’ But it didn’t end that way in ‘17, and it really cost us going forward.

For number 1 to be a viable option, one would have to assume that we stand a legitimate chance of dropping 2 or 3 games.

I think we win out.

I think people may be starting to see with average coaching Miami should be a 9/10 win team yearly. With good coaching we are in the ACCCG and a big bowl game yearly. With great coaching we're CFP bound.

Advertisement
Do a poll. I don’t think it’s a hard question. Going with 2 and going down or not swinging. 10-1 with a loss to Clemson accomplishes the 1st objective and it’s doable.
Those games against Wake and especially UNC are going to be ugly. We can win them, but it's going to be a shootout.

Only a 3 game stretch against teams that on their best day are slightly above average. You have 4 options here..... 0-3 1-2 2-1 3-0. **** it, 2 all day

Ha. How may I help clarify. Read the responses already above. There's a split in the responses, which surprised me when I asked off the board. If you had a chance to avoid the last three games of the season, but with a 2-1 record, would you sign on the dotted line (thereby passing up a chance to finish 3-0).

I’ll take my chances...let’s ride

Advertisement
If the rationale for people that selected 2-1 is because they don't want to potentially face UF in a marquee bowl game, they should be neutered and have their balls stuffed in their mouths

Nothing would give me more joy than a big bowl against those jort-wearing, inbred, trailer surfers.

They need a humbling after sneaking away with last years’ game.

Advertisement
If you go with number 1, you are a risk averse pansy.

Of course you take 2-1 if you’re just looking at straight unweighted statistical probability, but the lost opportunity of not going 3-0 is not worth the (my estimated) reduced risk of going 1-2 or 0-3 - if you have man-sized ********s.

Always take the chance for the best outcome. Always play to win.

Two guaranteed wins or a chance to go 3-0? Option #2 especially with the way we've been playing.

The thing with #2 is that there's also a possibility we pull UF in a bowl which isn't ideal. Call me scary, p***y, whatever...I don't care. Give me A&M, Cincy, or BYU in the Orange Bowl and carry that momentum into recruiting then Bama next year.

When I first read the question, I thought, easy - 2. Then I thought about it and said 1. Then thought about it again and landed on 2. Last year i would have said 1...no question. But, the wild card with this year’s team is king.

Advertisement
Back