Would you take this deal? (Remainder of season)

How about our fan base just learn a valuable lesson? Go 1-0 every week and nothing else matters? Why are we always looking ahead a game or two? This is retarded mentality, just try and go 1-0 every week and that is hard enough. Jesus H Christ. We are 7-1, let's just focus on GT next week and winning that one. We have no control over the other stuff. All we control is winning our next game.
Great teams win one at a time. We need to think that same way.
Go Canes, well done today! :11263272045-489f4f7972-o:

Advertisement
Is the question a choice between a 2-1 record WITHOUT PLAYING ANOTHER GAME (just adding it to the record for a guaranteed 9-2 record) or actually playing the last three games to see what happens?

If so, I say go for the 3-0. Call me crazy, but I think 2-1 in our last 3 games is our floor.

How about our fan base just learn a valuable lesson? Go 1-0 every week and nothing else matters? Why are we always looking ahead a game or two? This is retarded mentality, just try and go 1-0 every week and that is hard enough. Jesus H Christ. We are 7-1, let's just focus on GT next week and winning that one. We have no control over the other stuff. All we control is winning our next game.
Great teams win one at a time. We need to think that same way.
Go Canes, well done today! :11263272045-489f4f7972-o:
Ha. I always get a real laugh out of these responses. You, a fan, just wrote "all we control is winning our next game." We do not gameplan. This is a message board. It's not that deep. But, I do appreciate your focus and hope the coaches and players follow that mindset. In the past, they clearly have not.

Advertisement
Is the question a choice between a 2-1 record WITHOUT PLAYING ANOTHER GAME (just adding it to the record for a guaranteed 9-2 record) or actually playing the last three games to see what happens?

If so, I say go for the 3-0. Call me crazy, but I think 2-1 in our last 3 games is our floor.
Yes. The hypo is right now you avoid even having to play the other games. You get a 2-1 record for the remaining games.

Asked this off the board and got some interesting answers and rationales.

You're told you can sign on the dotted line right now for either:

1. 2-1 finish with a loss to WF, but guaranteed wins against UNC and GT. And, win a non-NY6 Bowl game.

2. A chance to go 3-0 for remainder of season. And miss out on the ACC title game and lose a competitive game in NY6 Bowl game.

Which option do you choose?
Fixed.

Advertisement
Yes. The hypo is right now you avoid even having to play the other games. You get a 2-1 record.
Interesting hypo. My answer stands but I dig the question.

In addition, I haven’t had an opportunity to watch a QB like King in my lifetime, so I’d hate to me robbed of that! Lol.

Asked this off the board and got some interesting answers and rationales.

You're told you can sign on the dotted line right now for either:

1. 2-1 finish with a loss to WF, but guaranteed wins against UNC and GT

2. A chance to go 3-0 for remainder of season.

Which option do you choose?
@DMoney find your boy and get him to the hospital ASAP before he eats somebody’s face. No way Lu posts this unless he’s digested bath salts.

You would rather Miami to go 2-1 instead of 3-0? Are you a Canes fan??
I don't think you've understood the hypo (or you're messing around, which is fair). It's whether (1) you avoid having to play the remaining 3 games and take a 2-1 record for those contests VS (2) take your chances at 3-0 (but could just as well go 0-3 or 1-2 or whatever).

Advertisement
I'm fine honestly no matter what happens because I had no feelings or expectations with this "covid" season. We have been stricken 3 wks in a row and it will probably go through the year. I appreciate Manny pushing the team through and they are finding ways to win. He made decisions that backfired today, I just wish the team can play well on both sides of the ball at the same time. just keep winning. I'm enjoying this season though, team is showing a lot of character.

@DMoney find your boy and get him to the hospital ASAP before he eats somebody’s face. No way Lu posts this unless he’s digested bath salts.
Ha. Look at the responses, my brotha. It's way more split than I'd have imagined. Some would take the 9-2; some would go for the 10-1.

Advertisement
Ha. How may I help clarify. Read the responses already above. There's a split in the responses, which surprised me when I asked off the board. If you had a chance to avoid the last three games of the season, but with a 2-1 record, would you sign on the dotted line (thereby passing up a chance to finish 3-0).
Depends if you think we’re BUILDING a program, or just rolling the dice every season.

I want to see growth, progression, momentum.

You could also have rephrased option 2 as ’3-0, 2-1, 1-2 or 0-3.’

We’ve been lucky in some close wins. Let’s cement the positives and build from there, imo.

I’m a canes fan from the 80’s, I never want to pass on playing the best.
I haven't given my answer or preference. I'm posing the question because I expected one answer and was surprised by the back and forth. Read through the responses and you'll see some of the rationales for those "taking" the 9-2 option. Personally, I'd like to know Manny Diaz's answer to the question.

Advertisement
Back