Would you take this deal? (Remainder of season)

Advertisement
1605407541119.gif

Asked this off the board and got some interesting answers and rationales.

You're told you can sign on the dotted line right now for either:

1. 2-1 finish with a loss to WF, but guaranteed wins against UNC and GT

2. A chance to go 3-0 for remainder of season.

Which option do you choose?
Lol shut up

Ha. How may I help clarify. Read the responses already above. There's a split in the responses, which surprised me when I asked off the board. If you had a chance to avoid the last three games of the season, but with a 2-1 record, would you sign on the dotted line (thereby passing up a chance to finish 3-0).
Do a poll. I don’t think it’s a hard question. Going with 2 and going down or not swinging. 10-1 with a loss to Clemson accomplishes the 1st objective and it’s doable.

I don't think you've understood the hypo (or you're messing around, which is fair). It's whether (1) you avoid having to play the remaining 3 games and take a 2-1 record for those contests VS (2) take your chances at 3-0 (but could just as well go 0-3 or 1-2 or whatever).
3-0. Miami will go 3-0

Advertisement
I haven't given my answer or preference. I'm posing the question because I expected one answer and was surprised by the back and forth. Read through the responses and you'll see some of the rationales for those "taking" the 9-2 option. Personally, I'd like to know Manny Diaz's answer to the question.
Oh I know what you was doing with the question. But I’ll always choose 3-0 versus 2-1

Last edited:
Depends if you think we’re BUILDING a program, or just rolling the dice every season.

I want to see growth, progression, momentum.

You could also have rephrased option 2 as ’3-0, 2-1, 1-2 or 0-3.’

We’ve been lucky in some close wins. Let’s cement the positives and build from there, imo.
I think it's implied by "a chance at 3-0" (but really could be anything). The 3-0 wording (on a fan board, i realize) seems to rile up more emotions, which is also interesting.

because I believe there’s a good chance WF and NC beat Miami
We have better defensive players than both of those teams. uva and fsu beat unc. I expect a clean finish. It won't be easy but nothing good should be easy. Makes a man out of you. We need to get over this covid out break and I will definitely feel much better.

Advertisement
Lu, I have a better question... how do you cook your steaks? Rare, Medium rare or well done? There is only one wrong answer but I want to make sure you’re not suffering from PTS from all those Golden years.

Do a poll. I don’t think it’s a hard question. Going with 2 and going down or not swinging. 10-1 with a loss to Clemson accomplishes the 1st objective and it’s doable.
I'm good with reading the responses and checking back on this later.
Lu, I have a better question... how do you cook your steaks? Rare, Medium rare or well done? There is only one wrong answer but I want to make sure you’re not suffering from PTS from all those Golden years.
I don't cook steaks. Once I kill the animal, I eat its liver raw. Maximum nutrients.

Advertisement
Well there is nothing like common sense. We will beat GT and WF. UNC has to much fire power for us to beat them. I will take a 9-2 and a bowl game without any hesitation. 9-2 will keep the recruiting class

Advertisement
Option 2 because Diaz needs to be challenged to show it. I’m just one man but I’ve been against the hire from the beginning, and even though my lone opinion means little.............start proving me wrong.

I am taking option 2, but can I get hypothetical scores/recaps for option 1? Do we lose to Wake on a walk-off 55 yard FG, but blow out UNC by 35? If so, my answer would probably change.

They don’t want to see Clemson again..but your point still stands
I don't get why everyone is scared of Clemson...we kinda bottled up Etienne in terms of the ground game (aside from one gash), and you know **** well King and our WRs can't play any ****tier than they did that night.

Is there a huge talent deficiency? Absolutely.
Do they have better coaches? 100%.

But if this was the case for every game in existence, upsets wouldn't happen. That's why you play the game.

Advertisement
Back