Worst win in 17 years

You had me until your modest expectation of coastal title and 10-2. Modest, or realistic, was 8-4. I was being optimistic at 9-3. Even playing in a middling conference (with 1 exceptional team) we weren’t winning anything starting 2 freshman tackles and precious few starts from the other OL positions. Not to mention a QB making his first start, no depth or difference makers on the DL, and young/inexperienced on the back end. And, oh, a first time head coach and new coaching staff. And on, and on.

Advertisement
Yeah I’m not buying the whole “ losing the fan base crap”.

Exactly. We played Bethune Cookman and Central Michigan. You have a bunch of pussified fans who keep arguing that we should be scheduling a bunch of cupcake OOC opponents, then everyone acts surprised when nobody shows up for these horrendous games.

So early signs show Manny is a fraud and not even close to the guy we need.

Curious to know what adjustments you think he should make?

If Enos is a ****** OC and the offensive staff isn’t good either, what does Manny do, get rid of them already?

Baker is also Manny’s guy. So is Banda and Patke. Does he can them too?

This is starting to feel like Richt or Golden where they hired a bunch of friends
Is this staph had any self respect, they’d decline a paycheck till they right this crap.

Advertisement
Exactly. We played Bethune Cookman and Central Michigan. You have a bunch of pussified fans who keep arguing that we should be scheduling a bunch of cupcake OOC opponents, then everyone acts surprised when nobody shows up for these horrendous games.
I think you may be confusing the meaning of “losing the fan base.”

It means that he is “losing the fan base’s confidence.”

It does not mean that he is “losing the fan base’s attendance.”

I’m a very optimistic guy, however, this teams performances have been a complete sheet show. Yes we’re young...does that excuse Patchans PF after the play? A senior. If he’s doing it, no wonder blades is giving the double bird after a key play and the youngsters are doing their own thing. The best word I can use to describe this team is discombobulated. Totally undisciplined in all facets.
A real leader would have kept the team on the field after the game and run bleachers. The coaches should have run w them. I’m totally disappointed in the staff. We’re out coached every week except BC. Geez let’s get let that wr cross under the backers all game. Why doesn’t baker step a LB up to knock the snot out of the SOB a few times so he doesn’t want to run the route.. our D looks Goldenesque. Soft, unable to cover and reactive. We play scared. Always a spy on QB. Are we afraid to pressure out of fear he may run? ST still suck. Where’s a ST coach!!!!! I’ve been saying that for years. Blocked punt and crap coverage and no blocks on our end. Enos needs to get his sheet together. Our O looks like a dog humping a football. No identity. No downfield threat. No crossing routes. I was begging for screens and crossers to thwart our inability to block. Last two games looked like no game plan...having Richt flashbacks. Physically, we got our azzes beat. They destroyed us man on man. They looked like they had 12-13 players on the field. We looked undermanned and overwhelmed. I thought UF game was bad, this takes the cake. As a matter of fact, Al Golden’s team would have kicked our *** yesterday. We have two weeks to fix a lot of stuff including our staffs ineptness to prepare a team. I have faith we can become a good team this year, and I like our players and staff. We have to realize we’re not good and game plan accordingly.

This is what we know....

Manny Diaz is going to be out coached by every Head Coach he goes up against.

Dan Enos is going to be out coached by every DC he goes up against.

Blake Baker is going to be out coached by every OC he goes up against.

And then we have Patke as the village idiot / special teams coRch

THE PERFECT STORM!! :stormwarningflag-sm::stormwarningflag-sm::stormwarningflag-sm:
Wow at how much you have changed over the last 5 weeks.

It's because Manny should know better and he's bull****ting us all...maybe himself, too.

It's a damned good thing so many pups weren't there when we hired Schnellenberger.

Or Jimmy Johnson. He managed to lose something like four games his first season.

Or Butch Davis - walked in and was handed 31 scholarship losses - and yet delusional UM fans thought he should have played for NC's every year.

You pups are so accustomed to instant gratification - you don't know schitt. Fast food, overnight delivery, instant warm and eat food - similar expectations of that in all aspects of endeavor are just wrong.

I'm not happy, and no one here is less patient than I am by nature - but ****'s bells - at some point one must come to grips with reality.

Advertisement
So my question is do we not have the talent, are we not coaching that talent up or the game planning doesn’t fit the talent we have?
We recruit classes in the top 25 every year yet seldom does that translate to the field. Yet every year teams are doing more with less talent. Miami is still putting guys in the league maybe not first day talent but still more than the central Michigan’s or wakeForest’s of the world. A lot of our players seem to take a step back each year instead of improving.
I guess it’s a combination of all the above. It just seems with the talent that does come through here we should be a little better than a 7-6 team.
Also Baker needs to go. Why are we rushing three and putting the strength of our defense DE out in coverage. If we as fans can pick this stuff up watching from tv I’m pretty sure opposing coordinators can too.

There is absolutely no chance we go on an 8-0 run. We lost a nail-biter against a bad/pedestrian UNC; we were beating Bethune Cookman 14-0 with one minute left in the first half; we won a nail-biter against god awful Central Michigan; and our best game of the year - the only game for us to hold out any hope that we can reel off 8 straight - was a choke-job against a bitter rival.
Sadly, I fear you are correct. I've seen nothing to give any hope that we will win another game.

Advertisement
The D is less disruptive than last year but significantly improved against the run. That’s impressive given our losses at DT and in the secondary. Anybody blaming the D isn’t paying attention.

Last night’s chit show was a result of poor ST’s and a highly ineffective offense. Period.

Manny has a very good track record of making adjustments as a DC. Time and time again he made changes to counter what an OC was throwing at him. He needs to make those same adjustments now as the HC. His future depends on it.

The D is bad. The rush defense is bad. The pass defense is bad. The pass rush is non existent. Don't be fooled by stats when 3 of our 4 games have been against garbage opposition.

Shredded!? We have to get shredded to hold the defense accountable!?

Where's the unwavering violence and loud noises? What happened to "the standard" and "playing like Miami Hurricanes"?

All of our defensive starters have been here at least 2 years--and some longer with Manny--but this looks nothing like it's supposed to. I see more confusion, overthinking, poor tackling, less instinctual play, and we have guys doing things not natural to their game. There's absolutely no continuity or indication of development from what was an excellent defense with this new staff. This has no resemblance to the defense that reset the standard and we've played 3 teams where we unquestionably have a talent edge.
It’s all marketing and smoke and mirrors..

when DMoney is this negative, you definitely have a huge problem.

Can we start to think about who if anyone can turn this thing around? Or are we going to be those guys that can watch 2001 team on Youtube, with a sprinkling of ND 2017 and last minute FSU wins?
Only way to turn this around is to talk Urban Meyer out of retirement. If he lets Fake James know that he's interested, then it should be no question Manny is sent packing. Other than that we have at least 2 more years of this bull****.

Advertisement
We have ELITE run defense. If you can’t run the ball well it’s hard to win games. Forces these teams to have to throw the ball.

With monsters like Garvin, Roussea, Hill, Ford and Bethel we should be sacking these guys on the regular once they are forced to pass!

Picks and fumbles regular turnover chain baby!

giphy.gif

So early signs show Manny is a fraud and not even close to the guy we need.

Curious to know what adjustments you think he should make?

Baker is also Manny’s guy. So is Banda and Patke. Does he can them too?

This is starting to feel like Richt or Golden where they hired a bunch of friends

You just said what every single coach in America does. They hire friends. Nothing new or unique about that. Every staff at every level, it's a group of friends.

The problem with not just Manny, but every young coach, is their circle of friends is smaller than a seasoned vets. This is all part of the coaching tree. They have less options when picking their assistants. Simple as that.

This fan base is so dejected. I’m not saying Manny is or is not the guy and clearly we have not looked good. There are red flags all over the **** place that can’t be denied but my god people it’s been four freaking games. I’m as tired of the excuses and BS as the next guy as I’ve quite literally never seen winning football basically, but to say manny isn’t the guy after 4 games seems a bit premature. Yes we haven’t looked good there are no excuses but let the season play out

It's up to him to be the guy. He's been the guy in the past and that's the troubling part.

Advertisement
Back