WR: Air Force, CMU
TE: not even a football coach
OL: NFL slapdick
DL: not even a football coach
LB: glorified slapdick GA
CB: high school
S: bartender

Advertisement
And we had slightly higher expectations against Rutgers 2002. Can't think of anything worse, other than an outright loss, heading into a bye week.

- What gets me is that in all three FBS games, our coaches have looked worse than the other side. UF did a better job of hiding their limitations. UNC came out on fire and in rhythm. And CMU had their team in a position to win if not for a bunch of drops and fumbles. We're 129th in penalties per game. Putting the talent aside, there is no tangible area where you can see we look prepared.

- Enos has been a good QB coach and a terrible OC so far. I don't think it's fair to blame one unit because the entire offense looks lost. Mishandling jet sweeps. Zion still missing the snap count. Running backs missing holes. QB holding the ball too long. TEs missing blocks. Too many long-developing PA plays. Nothing downfield from talented WRs. 85th in yards per play. It all comes back to the OC and the staff he hired.

- The running game was the most promising aspect of the first three games, and it came crashing back down to earth against a bad defense. There is plenty of blame to go around, but Donaldson is one of my biggest disappointments of the season. He looks heavy and slow. His weight gain is perplexing, because he's always been a conscientious guy and he is already an upperclassmen. He is nowhere near the NFL right now and might not even be starter-quality at his current level.

- Lou Hedley is legit. Unfortunately, we ruined the play of the day with our disorganized special teams.

- Something is missing from the defense. I don't know if it's a Baker issue, a personnel issue, or a combination of both. We've improved our rush defense without Gerald Willis's boom-or-bust approach (37th to 6th in YPC, 46th to 4th in YPG) but we are a lot less disruptive and the overall defense is worse. One change I would make over the bye week is cementing Gurvan Hall as the everydown starter at safety. He is at a different level than our other guys.

- Based on my text messages, I would say Manny has already lost a good portion of the fanbase. Can't blame them. If he loses one of the three ACC home games, I think he would lose most of the fans. These are the three most important games of his entire coaching career. My concern is that he becomes a neurotic mess over the bye, like Al Golden in the bunker, and the players sense it. He needs to maintain his composure and live up to his reputation as a guy who makes adjustments.

- As a fan, my goal before the season was ten wins and the Coastal. That was a modest goal when you look at how the Coastal performs against garbage teams like Old Dominion and Appalachian St. It looks very far away at the moment. Manny's recruiting success will be dependent on his on-field success. He sold a quick turnaround and that's what we need to see over the next month. Otherwise, it will be impossible to sell anything as the New Miami.
Finally D no more of your bull**** hype champ. Finally you talk like you have a pair of balls.
Thank you

OP said Knowles was an underrated star out of HS

Image result for laughing gif

Realized we didn't have the money to play in this new college football world years ago. Finally accepted it.

It was a fun run. I'll still support my Canes, just free of charge.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Fine. The D isn’t why we are 2-2. Better?

Clearly they need to improve and are not performing up to our standards, but they are not the reason we are 2-2. Our offense has been abysmal.
uhh yes it is, the D played ****** against UNC, the offense scored and all the defense had to do was stop them but they did not. you must not watch games

Well, given the inevitable doom that the California bill spells for teams with less money and smaller fan/alumni bases like ours, maybe we should just pack it in and say we had good run from '80 to '05. Just feels like an impossible task at this point and every time we think we can get over the hump we sink further down into the hole when it crashes back down.

How are we supposed to do it at this point? We'll never have Clemson or Bama level BoT/AD support, coaching, alumni bags, etc.
No , we don’t have the support as the top tier schools. We should have more than enough to at least compete for a coastal conference title every year.

Advertisement
Losing a fanbase after 4 games means you never had one to begin with. UM doesn't deserve ****, we gotta claw our way back. People need to wake up to that ****.
Good luck reaching the masses with this message, brotha'. Everyday is a battle here on CiS.

We can’t look at how they did last year. This isn’t last year.

If you look at how they did last year, we also have to look at how WE did last year. We went 7-6 and looked like dog ****. So, should we really expect much better simply having a new head coach?

Yes bc the simps all said “we just need to keep manny and get a new offense”.

The people who foolishly praised this MISERABLE hire all claimed it was good bc it meant no rebuild.

Now these same Manny jizzers are saying hes here to rebuild. Wtf does Manny know about rebuilding anything other than necklaces?

**** with the soft *** new Miami that started under Coker and escalated since. Much prefer the old Miami
I hate to break it to you Dude, the Old Miami ain't coming back no matter who the coach is. We will never be at the level as Clemson or Bama. If that is the only thing that will make you happy might as well jump off the ship

Advertisement
Maybe, and I'm just spit balling here....
1) Have more than a 10 minute search for the head coach
2) Stop hiring assistant coaches from failed current head coaching staphs
3) Stop hiring Temple's head coach
4) Get a proven coach with head coaching experience at the Power 5 level
5) I swear to all things holy, how could we possibly combine the past 4 failed coaches and wrap them in one coach, Manny? No experience? Check! Assistant to the current failed coaching staph? Double Check! Temple's coach? Triple Check!

And for the love of all things good, please put away the chains and rings... we look cot dam ridiculous. Be good with a high fricken five for doing your job.
We did do all of that. Mark Richt.

I disagree with this. That game yesterday wasn't symbolic at all. Our actual level has been established for a long time. We are a December 28th bowl-level program whose players and coaching staff clearly underestimated Central Michigan, somehow believing they were similar caliber to Bethune Cookman. There was danger of that all week. You had posts here predicting a similar score. Meanwhile that was a bowl caliber program for years until taking the massive dip in 2018 due to incompetent 4.5 YPA quarterbacking.

The worst victory during that time span was at Duke in 2006. No question about it. We could no longer pretend we were anything special, or that there was any prospect of returning to our prior level. We blew a huge lead and were life and death to hang on at Duke in the final seconds, as 18 point favorite. I was still in Las Vegas and remember the matter of fact discussions with friends while watching that game. The Canes were gone. I was thrilled the glory years played out during the middle of my lifespan, and while my alumnus parents could attend and thrill.

It wasn't coming back. That Duke game was perfect evidence, for anyone actually paying attention and without Happy Adjuster mode. We had suspensions entering that game but it shouldn't have mattered. Meanwhile we couldn't run the ball at all. Duke was basically pushing us around in the 4th quarter.

We had joined a pesky conference a couple of years earlier. Nobody in Miami cared about that conference. It wasn't a cultural fit or a geographic fit. The conference had a lousy football reputation but the teams were talented and persistent enough to cause a world of trouble, not throughout the schedule but certainly a couple of bites per season. This was hardly the Big East with one walkover after another sprinkled with a couple of demanding games.

I was posting all of this on Rivals at the time. Poptimus and Cribby were there, along with perhaps a few other names I recognize. The ACC-absorbed Canes were reminding me somewhat of the late '70s Dolphins, when the glory years were clearly long gone but there was still enough talent to go 10-4 or thereabouts if everything broke perfectly.

Nothing has really changed in a dozen years. No reason to expect it will. Games like yesterday mean absolutely nothing. We get into ACC Coastal play and everything depends on the distribution of the tight outcomes.

Then we get to a bowl and hope we don't draw someone above our level and who we can't pretend to match in the trenches, like Wisconsin.

Advertisement
And we had slightly higher expectations against Rutgers 2002. Can't think of anything worse, other than an outright loss, heading into a bye week.

- What gets me is that in all three FBS games, our coaches have looked worse than the other side. UF did a better job of hiding their limitations. UNC came out on fire and in rhythm. And CMU had their team in a position to win if not for a bunch of drops and fumbles. We're 129th in penalties per game. Putting the talent aside, there is no tangible area where you can see we look prepared.

- Enos has been a good QB coach and a terrible OC so far. I don't think it's fair to blame one unit because the entire offense looks lost. Mishandling jet sweeps. Zion still missing the snap count. Running backs missing holes. QB holding the ball too long. TEs missing blocks. Too many long-developing PA plays. Nothing downfield from talented WRs. 85th in yards per play. It all comes back to the OC and the staff he hired.

- The running game was the most promising aspect of the first three games, and it came crashing back down to earth against a bad defense. There is plenty of blame to go around, but Donaldson is one of my biggest disappointments of the season. He looks heavy and slow. His weight gain is perplexing, because he's always been a conscientious guy and he is already an upperclassmen. He is nowhere near the NFL right now and might not even be starter-quality at his current level.

- Lou Hedley is legit. Unfortunately, we ruined the play of the day with our disorganized special teams.

- Something is missing from the defense. I don't know if it's a Baker issue, a personnel issue, or a combination of both. We've improved our rush defense without Gerald Willis's boom-or-bust approach (37th to 6th in YPC, 46th to 4th in YPG) but we are a lot less disruptive and the overall defense is worse. One change I would make over the bye week is cementing Gurvan Hall as the everydown starter at safety. He is at a different level than our other guys.

- Based on my text messages, I would say Manny has already lost a good portion of the fanbase. Can't blame them. If he loses one of the three ACC home games, I think he would lose most of the fans. These are the three most important games of his entire coaching career. My concern is that he becomes a neurotic mess over the bye, like Al Golden in the bunker, and the players sense it. He needs to maintain his composure and live up to his reputation as a guy who makes adjustments.

- As a fan, my goal before the season was ten wins and the Coastal. That was a modest goal when you look at how the Coastal performs against garbage teams like Old Dominion and Appalachian St. It looks very far away at the moment. Manny's recruiting success will be dependent on his on-field success. He sold a quick turnaround and that's what we need to see over the next month. Otherwise, it will be impossible to sell anything as the New Miami.
Danny, we are extremely young and the OL has issues. I'll take any win period. It was ugly and unimpressive but CM played the game of their life. They have nothing to lose. They're supposed to lose. They have a mobile dual threat QB which always gives us fits. Lackluster performance but it past years we lose.

WTF are you talking about? The reality? How's that, now? Other than the fact we've taken steps backwards...?

Didn't Howard, Jimmy, and Butch's teams get better by year 4? This is year 4 of Manny around these defensive players and they look awful compared to last season!

You need to take your shoes and socks off so that you can count.

Yes - Howard's teams got better by the year - yes, Jimmy's teams got better by the year - and yes, Butch's teams got better by the year.

All got better by year 4.

Manny is in his 4th GAME. Not 4th YEAR.

To ask me WTF I'm talking about - is a clear indicator of your situational awareness.

Did you watch any other games so far this year - maybe yesterday? A number of teams just seemed to have problems they shouldn't have had.

Let me give you another STUNNER. You may wish to sit down.

We don't have the same TEAM - we had last year! Shocker, huh?

Can't imagine the juvenile meltdown if we had actually lost the game. Come off the cliff people and take your meds. WE WON THE GAME. No it wasn't pretty & we need to improve but stop with the hysterical moronic postings.

Advertisement
Back