Worst win in 17 years

1. You need to take your Aricept, because Manny has been coaching defense--in one capacity or another--at Miami for 4 years.

2. We don't have the same team as last year, but we have 6/11 (Shaq, Pinckney, Finley, Bethel, Garvin, Bandy) returning starters and no true freshmen on defense. That means all 11 have been in the system for at least one year under (this may be a STUNNER), Manny Diaz!!!!!!!!

3. Since when has the performance of other teams been relevant to the "Miami Hurricane standard"?

This defense is not what those young men and our fanbase have become accustomed under Manny Diaz's leadership.
And why in the **** is Garvan playing in space and not being allowed to be who he is...a QB killer. It's mindboggling.

Advertisement
This is completely wrong. Simple lets mediocre teams scheme us, which is what CMU did. Our O isn't complex. It's risk averse - which I get, for the QB and oline. But we need to take risks, come what may.

Ok. But good luck winning games when you can’t get through 6 plays in a row without the wr running into the snap or things like that.

That team out there looked like a dance class full of 6 year olds trying to perform The Nutcracker on Broadway. Completely clueless and unprepared. If it wasn’t my favorite team it would be comical as ****. Instead it’s just depressing.

And I’m not sure where I said we can’t take risks. Pretty sure I didn’t. I just mean you have to limit the playbook somewhat or somehow get to a point where the players know what the he’ll is going on. Having 150 plays does no one any good if the OC is the only one who knows how to run them.

Agree about Hall he looks like an sec type that burst is something u see from elite teams defenders. Surprised af we got him

The guy can't recruit and he spent most of his coaching budget on an OC who is not getting it done. That leaves us with a coaching staff full of unknown Manny disciples and unknown Enos disciples. History doesn't repeat but it rhymes. This looks like it will be another slow motion train wreck. Buckle up.

I am considering Diaz as an extension of Richt. No way this guy gets the 4 years he probably expects. He was here for 3 years and a part of the program. He owns what's currently on the field now just as much as anyone else and if he can't deliver he needs to be processed out with a quickness.

I didn't believe Manny was a good hire when we made the hire. He won me over a bit over the spring and summer but it's clear to me now that the BOT was straight up negligent in doing their duties when they decided they would not even conduct a coaching search.
I knew Manny wasn’t the guy but people who were on the fence should of known when the BOT lied about a real coaching search. They swindled a lot of fans man real bad, people can’t be that dumb man. They will not fire him until year three UM doesn’t care bruh

Advertisement
People pointing to stats and rankings to defend this defense are delusional. We've played exactly 1 quality opponent, 1 bad opponent, and 2 dregs of college football. My eyes tell me more than the stats. The defense is a poorly coached, unimpressive group. The DL, LB and DB corps are all mediocre at best.

I know stats schmats. No one has played cream puffs in their first 4 games but us.

Top 20 in ypg and yards per play - disaster.

This team is so unprepared it’s comical.Problem is I doubt Manny has ANY clue as how to prepare them....we are looking at the beginning of another regime that in two years will be canned and the idiot that is Blake James will hire some other rookie HC who has no clue how to prepare a team or hire a staff and the cycle will start all over again...

We are worried about recruiting which is very important but as long as we have a bunch of novices and coaches that have no clue how to develop players running this program we have no shot of getting out of this cycle...

This team is so unprepared it’s comical.Problem is I doubt Manny has ANY clue as how to prepare them....we are looking at the beginning of another regime that in two years will be canned and the idiot that is Blake James will hire some other rookie HC who has no clue how to prepare a team or hire a staff and the cycle will start all over again...

We are worried about recruiting which is very important but as long as we have a bunch of novices and coaches that have no clue how to develop players running this program we have no shot of getting out of this cycle...

This right here. I don’t think he knows how to fix it. Most of the great coaches have great mentors - who did Shanny coach under? Richt? Amato? Mack? Mullen? A who’s who of corches

Advertisement
This right here. I don’t think he knows how to fix it. Most of the great coaches have great mentors - who did Shanny coach under? Richt? Amato? Mack? Mullen? A who’s who of corches

Problem is he didn’t hire anyone that has a clue either....He has a bunch of buddies on the defense and allowed Enos to hire a bunch of his old cronies....Doesn’t seem like ANY of them has a clue as to what it takes to run a program....Might as well start the clock on Manny’s regime now cause unless he’s willing to make wholesale changes in the offseason he has zero shot of succeeding here.

The win against the Chippies did more damage than the losses to UF and UNC. Unless Diaz can perform a near miracle and turn this team around pronto, we will sink into an abyss that we haven't yet seen at UM.

1. Still responsible for the defensive preparation and performance.

2. this is an analogy.

3. this is more of a parallel or equating.

4. You lost me completely on this drivel.

Now take that Aricept and you be careful with gun, ya hear!?

1. Manny's not the DC - and he's to correct those items he feels need addressing.

2. I'll type slowly - the defense THIS year - is not the same personnel as LAST year. Not the same defense. Period.

3. You're not big into football, are you? Even the greatest teams have troublesome games - even losses. You'd know that - normally.

4. I'm not surprised you are completely lost on this - Manny's defense wasn't fire each year he was DC - it improved over time - and to stress this one more time - we don't have the same defensive personnel, don't have the same results - so if you're relying on "what you're used to," then I'd say you're in for a surprise or two - every single season.

Hey - I didn't know WTF this Aricept was or what it was for - but you seem mighty familiar with it. Go get your bottle to spell it right? Your problem I believe can be alleviated with a five gallon ***** - it'll clear your mind.

Oh - while you're pumping the water in - you might want to hold your fingers in your ears - don't want that nasty stuff leaking out until you do the full force blowout.

Advertisement
Let's not be seduced by the stats... We have to trust what we see.

I see an overly-complicated, more passive defense at the core, with below average tackling and poor discipline. We can't beat our chest for stopping the run on 1st and 2nd if we routinely give up 3rd & long or 4th & 17. But beyond the stats, tell me what you deem to be decent, or above average about our play, and please share your thoughts on the progression of our defense from the last several seasons.
Your post is not matching the numbers. Miami is ranked 9th in 3rd down percentage on defense. It means they do a great job of getting off the field

That’s what they get for being cheap and hiring a head coach from Temple, a S&C coach from Temple, an assistant OL coach from one of the worst in the league, a DL coach from Akron, a DC from Louisiana Tech, a WR coach from Air Force, and having a piece of **** for AD. Not winning with that.

Your post is not matching the numbers. Miami is ranked 9th in 3rd down percentage on defense. It means they do a great job of getting off the field

also i wouldn't trust what anyone on this site (for the most part) sees bc most people don't know what they're watching when it comes to football (me included). there are some great posters that know more than most that watch the sport, but for the majority, no one knows what theyre watching when it comes to football.

Advertisement
I believe it's time we start cheating again. What do we have to lose? The mighty NCAA may punish us? WE ARE PUNISHED YEAR AFTER YEAR WATCHING THIS PRODUCT ON THE FIELD. Maybe by the grace of God we can pull an Auburn with Cam Newton. Have one magical season of fun and dare the NCAA to strip the title away. Either way we would get at least a year of joy. This 7-6 year after year limbo is about as lame as it gets. Complete torture to be invested in this program.

Manny is too focused on image instead of actually coaching. The trinkets, the recycled speeches, the "analytics". He wants to portray how prepared he is, show the attention to details.

Just look at the spring game at camping world. He did to to show - look, I'm focusing even on the tiniest of details. This will get our guys ready for the routine on gameday - but when it comes down to it, the team is as unprepared as ever. This team legitimately look like they don't practice. Week in and week out.

His words ring hollow. All of the gimmicks serve one purpose, to mask how in over his head he is.

This.

Great coaches have great instincts, can't get that $h!t from a f u ckin' book.

Diaz = Golden.

1. Manny's not the DC - and he's to correct those items he feels need addressing.

2. I'll type slowly - the defense THIS year - is not the same personnel as LAST year. Not the same defense. Period.

3. You're not big into football, are you? Even the greatest teams have troublesome games - even losses. You'd know that - normally.

4. I'm not surprised you are completely lost on this - Manny's defense wasn't fire each year he was DC - it improved over time - and to stress this one more time - we don't have the same defensive personnel, don't have the same results - so if you're relying on "what you're used to," then I'd say you're in for a surprise or two - every single season.

Hey - I didn't know WTF this Aricept was or what it was for - but you seem mighty familiar with it. Go get your bottle to spell it right? Your problem I believe can be alleviated with a five gallon ***** - it'll clear your mind.

Oh - while you're pumping the water in - you might want to hold your fingers in your ears - don't want that nasty stuff leaking out until you do the full force blowout.

Advertisement
Back