Worst Miami team ever?

Been watching since 88. Never seen a team give up so early to teams they are equally or much more talented than. I just can’t understand the lack of heart. It is one thing to be poorly coached but something else to be an athlete on this level that has no heart or pride to hold on to personally. It is a cuck mentality

Advertisement
I would go a step further and say this is individually the worst defense and the worst offense I have ever seen.

I have seen bad teams where an average offense was hampered by a bad defense or vice versa. This is the first time I have felt that we were the worst at both. You could make an argument that this was the worst team position by position. Certainly valid arguments that this is the worst QB play, receivers, OL, LB and defensive backfield that we have seen in the modern era.

It hurts even worst to have it coming into the season with positive vibes. I am not one of those that expected immediate results but I certainly expected better than this.

Really demoralizing year.

Advertisement
worst team in my lifetime.

I usually download our games to break down film and even watch em in the off szn...I have deleted every last game...stopped watching a few and im addicted to watching football....an was indifferent from early in the szn meaning i was scheduling my saturday nights when usually everything goes aroung watching canes on saturday...Mario Cristobal by game 3 or 4 i lost all believability of him and his coaching staff. Over the years of seeing corches here...has trained me to see 1.......I saw it b4 we hired didnt expect it this fast though.

The moment i officially lost it...was the Tyrique Stevenson diary and him saying that Mario asked HIM..."wHAT HAPPENED, WHAT WENT WRONG?" after the MTSU game?. Thats the AL GOlden, Manny Diaz, Randy Shannon this is OVER my head moment.

CULCHA, AND FLIP THE ROSTER buys another 2 years im guessing.

Last edited:
Advertisement
We got ******* housed at home by Middle Tennessee State.

Hey, hey, hey…

That’s 7-5 MTSU. lol

What’s funny, is I joked about Gattis shining up his 16 ppg resume; but, I absolutely knew we wouldn’t score over 16 points.

Mario needs to have a loooong look in the mirror & the 1st thing is to fire this fraud of an OC, & I’m looking real long at that DC, too. Simple chit we can’t cover while I see a Pitt team so much more fundamentally sound on simple techniques.

Last edited:
This is by far the worst team I've ever seen and I've been watching since 82. This abomination of a team was consistently impotent on both sides of the ball. Absolutely punch less and completely helpless. This entire offense is by far the worst coached and coordinated UM offense in the 40 years I've been a fan. Not only that but the mental mistakes, penalties, turnovers, sacks allowed, dropped balls, missed blocks, missed tackles etc were at a level this season that I had never seen before.

Players flat out quitting. Getting blowout by MTSU, Duke, FSU, Clemson and Pitt. Going 26 straight drives without a TD at home. Routinely getting sodomized on our home field. Continuously being completely unprepared and out coached.

Cristobal needs to clean house in the locker room and on the coaching staff then he needs to realize that his Woody Hayes style isn't going to work in 2023. He must make a home run hire at OC, WR, DB and maybe DC as well and that is at a minimum. He needs to finish out strong on the 2023 class then kill it in the portal Lincoln Riley style. It wouldn't be a bad idea to hire Lincoln's little brother Garrett Riley but we most likely need an OC with HC experience to be a firewall against Mario's sideline and game management buffoonery. Come to think of it, the more competent offensive minds we have on that side off the ball the better because Mario knows Jack about offense. While we're at it get me a hungry up and coming defensive mind because Steele just isn't going to cut it.

Now would be a good time to see exactly what it is that we pay Radovich and Highsmith for. I need to hear that those two are engaged with a clear plan of attack going forward.

It’s a fact.

For the first time in my life I chose to do something else other than attend the game in person. And not just that but didn’t watch a single play.

…I had a great night. So much so ol girl is coming with to watch a real team perform tomorrow in the phins.

Put this **** to sleep. Reboot. God bless those of you insane enough to attend tonight….

Advertisement
Agreed. I remember 2007 being a ****show but I don’t remember getting blown out every single week like this year. I’ve never left so many home games at halftime in my life
Exactly. 2007 is the only other "modern era" Canes team in this discussion and even that team beat a ranked TAMU handedly and went to Tally and got a W.

This is unequivocally the worst Canes team in my lifetime and it would lose decisively in hypothetical match-ups against our other bad teams.

Imo it’s the worst team we’ve fielded since the Carl Selmer-coached teams in the mid-1970s. So in discussion for worst Miami team in the modern-era of college football assuming you date that to post-Integration time span.

Probably Objectively worse than ‘97 and 2007 when you look at performance numbers like yards per play and opponent-adjusted scoring margin.
Never thought we'd be as poorly coached as 75-76 Selmer coached teams.
Somehow Miami found a way.
80 million for this piece of Crap?..

Advertisement
I'll put it this way, I've been sleeping off sickness and migraines for essentially the last 24 hours, and the fact I made the error of groggily turning the pitt game on last night ****ed me off FAR more than the wasted day of puking all over myself and being in seething pain from head to toe.

This team was so bad it made me not even want to watch CFB much this year.

Advertisement
Back