Worst Miami team ever?

Advertisement
Been a fan since 79. This is the worst coached team I've seen. ****, we have TVD and Jake who are competent QBs compared to guys like Kirby Freeman, Rosier, etc... and our offense is ***. The Defense has no dog in them. We don't have the d-line we've had in the past, but the scheme is bad on top of that. At least Manny threw blitzes, though telegraphed, at teams.

Just my 2 cents: *worst coached team*. These kids had offers from all over. Some of them are from a team that won 8 games last year with CMD. This is a team that lost to MTSU at home and to a 5-7 aTm team. Say what you will, but we were not competitive in many of our games this year. Unimaginative playcalling, lead to unimaginative playing. This isn't all on the kids. IMO, CMC needs to do some soul searching on his staff. This was a massive underperformance of 12 million dollars. And that's not even including the buyouts.

Advertisement
177-71 holy ****
Was thinking similarly. The way we got our **** pushed in week in and week out with no show of fight is telling. And on top of it to think that we are still a group that has some athletes makes you wonder; is it the coaching that couldn’t inspire these kids to fight or are the kids missing the heart/pride to compete? I hope it’s the latter and we turn this roster over. I’m afraid that it’s the former and we stand no chance at regaining relevance ever. So sad!

Just my 2 cents: *worst coached team*. These kids had offers from all over. Some of them are from a team that won 8 games last year with CMD. This is a team that lost to MTSU at home and to a 5-7 aTm team. Say what you will, but we were not competitive in many of our games this year. Unimaginative playcalling, lead to unimaginative playing. This isn't all on the kids. IMO, CMC needs to do some soul searching on his staff. This was a massive underperformance of 12 million dollars. And that's not even including the buyouts.
5 losses by two TDs+. 4 by 20+. Two close losses, and one was to a team with a losing record.

Advertisement
You can certainly make that argument.

No matter the record or situation, I have always looked forward to watching us play. This team changed me. Simply unenjoyable. It was painful to watch all year.
The last three weekends I found other things to do than watch the Canes - I tried last night then TVD (Who shouldn't have been starting) thew that pic. Then TVD gets hurt just like somebody predicted in the 'who starts' post (Something like "I'd rather him sit than see him throw 3 or 4 passes, grab his shoulder and leave the field"). That was it for me.

The Med and Coaching staff both did TVD wrong - they weren't looking out for him, this season was already gone; they were just trying to get another W to make the record look less crapy. Imagine if he did some permanent damage in those two starts after he was inured, given how the bad-ups have played.

Advertisement
Agreed. I remember 2007 being a ****show but I don’t remember getting blown out every single week like this year. I’ve never left so many home games at halftime in my life

I won't argue against 2022 being the worst, but it would be by the slimmest of margins over 2007. I think it feels 2022 feels worse because of recency effect.

If you think the 2022 HC/OC/DC combo of Cristobal/Gattis/Steele is bad - remember 2007 was Randy Shannon/Patrick Nix/Tim Walton

Been watching UM football since 1967. This season was terrible. A couple of the early 70s teams were worse, but not by much.
Back in the 70's had some bad teams, but every so often we had some pretty good defensive units. As fans it's more difficult living in the basement when we used to be in the penthouse..

Advertisement
I’m 43. I’ll admit to not knowing any of the terrible 1970’s teams. But I did witness 1997 and 2007.

Clearly. 1997 was a train wreck with sanctions decimating the program. There was no depth and Butch Davis had to play a ton of freshmen.

2007 was an abomination. Coker’s poor recruiting had left an unbalanced roster with no chance for a first year coach (Randy Shannon) to win.

This year, Miami spent more on football than ever . They returned a Heisman candidate quarterback and most of a 7-5 team. Not only did they finish 5-7, they got blown out consistently. Most of their games were not even close The previous teams didn’t have the luxury of a transfer portal to retool a roster with.

This is the WORST year of Miami football I’ve witnessed

You and I are the same age.... 43. So we likely started watching Miami around the same time. Mid to late 80's I would assume?
While there have been several Miami teams that have been super hard to watch over the years, I would agree this year's team was the worst.

There's really no such thing as a good loss, but our losses were all bad losses. We weren't even competitive in a handful of games.
And easily the worst offense I've seen a Miami team have.

I won't argue against 2022 being the worst, but it would be by the slimmest of margins over 2007. I think it feels 2022 feels worse because of recency effect.

If you think the 2022 HC/OC/DC combo of Cristobal/Gattis/Steele is bad - remember 2007 was Randy Shannon/Patrick Nix/Tim Walton
That’s kind of my point. That 2007 staff was Miami at their cheapest. No actual interest in spending on the program. The results were almost to be expected.

2022 staff cost them a ton of money. They were expecting to win with these guys. Nobody thought this team was a 5-7 team week 1. This was a much larger failure.

You and I are the same age.... 43. So we likely started watching Miami around the same time. Mid to late 80's I would assume?
While there have been several Miami teams that have been super hard to watch over the years, I would agree this year's team was the worst.

There's really no such thing as a good loss, but our losses were all bad losses. We weren't even competitive in a handful of games.
And easily the worst offense I've seen a Miami team have.
It would be a different story if the games were more competitive. Nobody likes to lose but at least there’s a glimmer of hope when your team fights for four quarters. I left pretty much every home game early this year. Getting absolutely crushed by so many teams was plain embarrassing.

And yeah, my first ever home game was 87 but I really started getting into the team heavily around 89-90. I really started understanding the game when I was around 10 or so.

Went to my first Cane game in the late 70s, this is by far the worst Cane team I have ever seen. The fact that we routinely looked unprepared and unmotivated was sad to see. I wasn't expecting miracles from Mario in his first year, but at least have the team fighting for 60 mins each week and show improvement as the year progressed, we did neither of those. I never wanted him hired and this season gave me no reason to change that opinion.

Advertisement
Back