Worst Miami team ever?

DTP

Commander of The Great Heathen Army
Premium
I’m 43. I’ll admit to not knowing any of the terrible 1970’s teams. But I did witness 1997 and 2007.

Clearly. 1997 was a train wreck with sanctions decimating the program. There was no depth and Butch Davis had to play a ton of freshmen.

2007 was an abomination. Coker’s poor recruiting had left an unbalanced roster with no chance for a first year coach (Randy Shannon) to win.

This year, Miami spent more on football than ever . They returned a Heisman candidate quarterback and most of a 7-5 team. Not only did they finish 5-7, they got blown out consistently. Most of their games were not even close The previous teams didn’t have the luxury of a transfer portal to retool a roster with.

This is the WORST year of Miami football I’ve witnessed

Advertisement
Advertisement
Imo it’s the worst team we’ve fielded since the Carl Selmer-coached teams in the mid-1970s. So in discussion for worst Miami team in the modern-era of college football assuming you date that to post-Integration time span.

Probably Objectively worse than ‘97 and 2007 when you look at performance numbers like yards per play and opponent-adjusted scoring margin.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
tenor-4.gif

Advertisement
Back