Worked out with James williams yesterday with GoldFeetGlobal #AlphaDawg

I am a couch coach and im proud of it but i do coach HS/train athletes in my spare time which is why i get to see UM players up close when they come
Others who see this kid in practice aren’t as optimistic but I guess time will tell if this is his right position.

I predict he changes position before leaving Miami.

Advertisement
Others who see this kid in practice aren’t as optimistic but I guess time will tell if this is his right position.

I predict he changes position before leaving Miami.
I once doubted him staying at S in HS his soph year (He played at american heritage with my lil bro) so i watched him alot but each time kept proving me wrong by his Jr year when he transferred to my alma mater western he had me as a believer before he pulled in like 8 INTs. I think he makes you a believer this year to only time will tell

Umm… they didn’t work though.

Miami was 127/130 in tackling last year, the worst in the P5.
LOL 2021 canes tackling worked like no show mafia union jobs

1647530064285.jpeg

Looking forward to seeing the S position this fall. Frankly I am almost as equally excited to see Avantae Williams. Kinchens I thought I saw limitations athletically, but that could just him being a true frosh.

You guys can say whatever you want but the Linebacker talk need to stop it ain't happening (.) Go Canes!!!

Advertisement
I sat in the row behind his family at the UM-Alabama game. That's when I knew the "bulk him up and play him at LB" stuff was insanity. His entire family is lean and tall, ****, I could barely see the game! Incredibly nice people, the whole family. Super-excited when James got in for the second half.

View attachment 179686

Sorry about that boss man hope you enjoyed the game.

Maybe by the end of the year, but at the beginning of the year, he definitely weighed less. He walked over to where his family was during the Alabama game, and I was definitely hoping he would get into the game at some point, that's just some true uncoached talent and size.
Manny a clown

Good to see how fit JW is. He looks ready to go. ... I was actually worried about him getting too big because I didn't think he was a in-the-box type player. He's a ball hawk and strategist, not a thumper. So if he had bulked up too much, it would have put him in that hybrid no-man's land that almost always ends badly. It's clear he's a pure safety. Steele has to love the trio back there.
Lol 😂

I love our safety room
My #1 is Kam
I go back and forth between other starter as AWilliams or JWilliams

My only issue with JWilliams is his height. I'm setting the over/under on targeting this year at 4. It's hard for him to drop himself 5+ inches to hit at or below the shoulder pads.

I trust this all-star coaching staff to have the best players playing the best positions for them

I love our safety room
My #1 is Kam
I go back and forth between other starter as AWilliams or JWilliams

My only issue with JWilliams is his height. I'm setting the over/under on
targeting this year at 4. It's hard for him to drop himself 5+ inches to hit at or below the shoulder pads.

I trust this all-star coaching staff to have the best players playing the best positions for them
You the 🥜🥜🥜

Advertisement
You guys can say whatever you want but the Linebacker talk need to stop it ain't happening (.) Go Canes!!!

In reality is not stopping. Kid have to prove that he has the speed at the college level and can get to the sideline. In addition I doubt the kid have stop growing. Let's wait and see.

One thing that has always bothered me about sports is the narrow mindedness of coaching and the rigid established constructs of what a player should look like for each position.

And it happens in every sport.
Nobody wanted or Ben let Bolt to run the 100…..
World record years later.

Barcelona before Cryuff got there had a policy that stated they would not sign any players under 5’9.
He stopped that sht the first day he got there.
Messi is either everyone’s pick as the greatest soccer player of all time or doesn’t fall past 3rd.
And if he does your a moron.

There were plenty of tall European players but they were mostly defenders. When ibrahimovic became one of the worlds best players at 6’4 and scoring goals then everyone started looking at all players as possible forwards regardless of height.

Many people have talked about the evolution of the athlete and that may have some validity. But I think there has been a bit more open mindedness about what a player can be regardless of height.

How many people were saying that J dub would be weighing 250 by now?

I heard countless podcast that said a year of college nutrition and s and c and heel be 250 and have no choice but to switch.

Williams has the ability to revolutionize the position. Every time I see him in db drills he looks just as smooth and quick as the 5’11 guys.

Everyone on the defense needs a pass imo given the level of coaching ( or lack there of) they had last year.

Just cause you’ve never seen it doesn’t mean it can’t happen. Everyone says that if he decides to be a backer or an end he will make tons of money. Probably
But if f he becomes an all acc 1st team or all American at safety he’s gonna get early day one draft grades too and probably have more hype
Plenty of 6’5 ends that are athletic.
Not too many 6’5 safeties. Actually none.

Anyone can gain weight if they eat the right things and can also lose or keep weight if they eat and train the right way.

Phillips was 6’5 250……..in high school!!!

Kyle Hamilton was 6”3 190 in his recruiting profile and was playing at 6’4 220 his senior year.
He’s projected as a top 5 pick…… at safety.

I once doubted him staying at S in HS his soph year (He played at american heritage with my lil bro) so i watched him alot but each time kept proving me wrong by his Jr year when he transferred to my alma mater western he had me as a believer before he pulled in like 8 INTs. I think he makes you a believer this year to only time will tell
I told him back then too he will grow into a lb and maybe a de....He never believed it and did the same to me. Kid is what he is a swiss army knife to move around..He is a little different than your avg 6'4=6'5 kid who wants to say their a safety James has real ball skills back there....He also showed he can blitz the qb solidly as well at times last year...a guy like Steele who is a vet can put him in the right spots.

JWill is a serious playmaker. My sense is that he'll be one of the best playmakers we've had at Safety since Ed Reed & Sean Taylor (at least in terms of INTs). If he wants to play Safety, he should play Safety....but he can really help the team (and pad his sack stats etc) if he's used situationally in different spots as well.

His passion for the game & love for the U make him one of my favorite Canes. Rooting for him to have a monster year.

Advertisement
This brings me back to all the debates about Derrick Henry when he was being recruited

Everyone swore up and down he would end up an LB or maybe even DE, and was too big to play RB

He certainly looked like he belonged at S last year so I agree

Advertisement
Back