Worked out with James williams yesterday with GoldFeetGlobal #AlphaDawg

JW needs as much work as anyone as to how to properly tackle. That suplex bull**** needs to stop.

Wtf do y’all be talking about when you keep crying about “properly tackling”?? The only proper tackle is the one that worked. When players are running full speed from 20 different angles your job is to get the ball carrier down, simple as that.

Advertisement
Where do the coaches like Jwill? What’s the convos they are having with him. I think when it comes to DBs you’re prob the most qualified to speak on it so not questioning your judgement but I’d love to see a freak out there at safety like he is.
He is definitely a freak. At his weight NOW he'd be optimal. But as lanky as he is you gotta be worried about him back there as the boy is a head hunter. We love him in the box as he does have the ability to cover the entire field. The position takes a toll on your knees and hips. That's my only concern with him is just how big he is because he plays upright and Is stiff in the hips. I get as hurricanes, the fans concerns are what can they do for us as athletes. For me it's a lil deeper than that. For any that care he's deadset on staying at safety and would probably transfer out before he'd take a position switch. Also as some on here have keyed on, with his height and the ball carriers desire to get low targeting and concussions will be a regular discussion due to how physical he is. I love that about the kid. I'm just hoping we can get him keyed in on strengths and weaknesses.

He is definitely a freak. At his weight NOW he'd be optimal. But as lanky as he is you gotta be worried about him back there as the boy is a head hunter. We love him in the box as he does have the ability to cover the entire field. The position takes a toll on your knees and hips. That's my only concern with him is just how big he is because he plays upright and Is stiff in the hips. I get as hurricanes, the fans concerns are what can they do for us as athletes. For me it's a lil deeper than that. For any that care he's deadset on staying at safety and would probably transfer out before he'd take a position switch. Also as some on here have keyed on, with his height and the ball carriers desire to get low targeting and concussions will be a regular discussion due to how physical he is. I love that about the kid. I'm just hoping we can get him keyed in on strengths and weaknesses.
I feel this staff can get him where he needs to be D....do you?

Thanks man

Advertisement
I wouldn't argue anything there except the Micah comparison. I've known that boy for a sec now and he's a different breed. Main ingredient that separated kids like that from each other is a mental approach. What they use as motivation. I'm not gonna speculate on either situation but I'll just say the ONLY person I've ever seen that shared Micah's approach to this game(what motivated him) was someone who's widely loved or hated on here and that Willie Williams...
You KNOW I agree....

He is a true S is getting single high reps all first week of spring. The couch coaches lost this one lol
Our Safeties are going to be special. James Williams, Avantae Williams, Kamren Kinchens, Brian Balom and Markeith Williams is an elite group. We may be better overall as a secondary than what we had thought previously. With Tyrique Stevenson and Daryl Porter Jr as the starters and future comeback player of the year Al Blades in the mix we might be alright. A lot will depend on the development of Malik Curtis, Marcus Clarke and how TeCoury Couch bounces back in addition to what we can get out of Ivey and Dunson. This secondary is in need of high end talent at CB but there is enough to work with there to be respectable considering the embarrassment of riches at Safety.

Advertisement
Wtf do y’all be talking about when you keep crying about “properly tackling”?? The only proper tackle is the one that worked. When players are running full speed from 20 different angles your job is to get the ball carrier down, simple as that.
Football fans are afraid to get hit let alone tackle. One of the loniest places in the world is one on one in the open field but most will never understand.

I'm glad he's set on being a safety. I hope he's open to being moved around the field and not set on being in a single high or two deep only.

I love our safety room
My #1 is Kam
I go back and forth between other starter as AWilliams or JWilliams

My only issue with JWilliams is his height. I'm setting the over/under on targeting this year at 4. It's hard for him to drop himself 5+ inches to hit at or below the shoulder pads.

I trust this all-star coaching staff to have the best players playing the best positions for them

Sorry...But I seriously doubt that JWilliams OR ANY OTHER tall athlete playing football in the defensive backfield has any trouble bending down 5+ inches to hit at or below the shoulder pads.....UNLESS he has SEVERE back and/or leg flexibility issues. The real issue is if he's fluid enough and he definitely seems to be.

Hitting is hitting regardless of your position...hitting a 5'-9" Running back in space or a 5'-9" Wide receiver in space both require the same techniques. If you can do one you can do the other.

Also, on the contrary having a mobile DB with height can provide numerous advantages especially when going for the ball.

I do agree with you that I trust this all-star staff to make the best decision for the team. So in the end JWilliams will play where he can help us the most.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Chase Smith is more Isaiah Simmons y’all, JWill reminds me of Jessie Bates from the Bengals

I don't pretend to know how to evaluate what position a person should play, but I do know this should be the biggest concern for him long term at his height.

Advertisement
I'm glad he's set on being a safety. I hope he's open to being moved around the field and not set on being in a single high or two deep only.
Troy Polamalu. One of the best to ever play the game and he was everywhere from play to play. **** Lebeau fit the scheme to the talent of his HOF player. if our coaches are as good as advertised, there should be no issue with where James plays because he will play everywhere.

Our Safeties are going to be special. James Williams, Avantae Williams, Kamren Kinchens, Brian Balom and Markeith Williams is an elite group. We may be better overall as a secondary than what we had thought previously. With Tyrique Stevenson and Daryl Porter Jr as the starters and future comeback player of the year Al Blades in the mix we might be alright. A lot will depend on the development of Malik Curtis, Marcus Clarke and how TeCoury Couch bounces back in addition to what we can get out of Ivey and Dunson. This secondary is in need of high end talent at CB but there is enough to work with there to be respectable considering the embarrassment of riches at Safety.
I am completely with you but I think we have to be realistic about cornerback. TS is high end talent at CB. Very, very few teams have more than one player as good as Stevenson. If Blades or Porter is good enough to take the other team’s number 2 WR, then we are in very good shape. Couch can play the slot which is really his best position. And as you noted, the safeties are so good that they should cleanup the mistakes.
And of course we have to recruit good corners but I am confident that will continue to happen with this staff.

Umm… they didn’t work though.

Miami was 127/130 in tackling last year, the worst in the P5.

Advertisement
Back