With Powell, Cook gone, UM explores JUCO RB

Advertisement
You take the #1 RB in JUCO

Especially from your own back yard

I'd be less concerned if I new how great Gus Edwards wants to be. Reminds me of Coker in 2001/2002. Poor job of recruiting backs and he ended up with JR Mounts, when they could have had Wali Lundy. That worked out well.

Bad example. JR Mounts was 6'1 225 and ran a 4.3 according to the Greentree reports. You gotta give guys like that a chance. Who knew buddy with size and speed like that just didnt like contact?

I think that's a great example of the difference between Coker and Davis. Lundy was exactly what we needed and they passed, and took Mounts instead. It was a poor risk, and it came back to hurt us.

Not trying to stick up for clappy but butch passed on frank gore and clappy offered on signing day...recruiting is not an exact science...at least they are going after someone decent and not asking a dline to play running back.

Advertisement
You guys who want another RB hate Yearby.

Good point. Yearby doesnt get alot of respect on here for some reason. Funny thing is if we had Leonard Fournette or Dalvin Cook as our only RB commited people would be saying that our "RB class is complete" and "we dont need anyone else". But with Yearby, bringing in just him is not enough. Even though Jamie Newberg said that there wasnt a big difference between Fournette, Yearby, and Cook as far as who is the best RB in the country.

he was being sarcastic in order to highlight the fact that we do not have adequte RB depth, particularly with Duke's injury and Yearby's.

Advertisement
You guys who want another RB hate Yearby.

Good point. Yearby doesnt get alot of respect on here for some reason. Funny thing is if we had Leonard Fournette or Dalvin Cook as our only RB commited people would be saying that our "RB class is complete" and "we dont need anyone else". But with Yearby, bringing in just him is not enough. Even though Jamie Newberg said that there wasnt a big difference between Fournette, Yearby, and Cook as far as who is the best RB in the country.

he was being sarcastic in order to highlight the fact that we do not have adequte RB depth, particularly with Duke's injury and Yearby's.

I know. Lol. I just like phuckin' with my dude sometimes. I find myself starting to wonder over to his side of negativity sometimes because of the Al's recent BS. Gotta lighten things up sometimes.

looks that boy aint comin..He say he wanna start and Miami got Duke

nothing to see here

Advertisement
Advertisement
He would fit in perfect here. With Duke and Yearby both coming in off injuries we need someone to take a few tough carries. Also would be a inspiration in the weight room.

and he cant block pass rushers w/o getting hurt like duke. we had duke taking a beating.

Advertisement
Back