With Powell, Cook gone, UM explores JUCO RB

He passes the eye test, he has good film, looks like a beast in the weight room and he's a local boy. I'd offer him. I think he could contribute right away.

Advertisement
That fact that we have to recruit JUCO RB is complete and a utter failure by golden and his staff.

It's an awful situation.

Missed on:
Collins
Cook
Powell
Sony

Landed:
Yearby

I wish we took Darius Tice last year, but we are dealing with way too many backup plans here.

Scarlett isn't coming here next yr so drought of missing big time S.Florida running backs will continue. :ohlord:

Advertisement
(Shrugs) Sure.. why not? Not like we need him to come in and "Kayne Faquerson" (sp?) the RB class. (meaning we need him to singlehandily save it). He can come in and compete for the backup job.

Advertisement
You guys who want another RB hate Yearby.

Good point. Yearby doesnt get alot of respect on here for some reason. Funny thing is if we had Leonard Fournette or Dalvin Cook as our only RB commited people would be saying that our "RB class is complete" and "we dont need anyone else". But with Yearby, bringing in just him is not enough. Even though Jamie Newberg said that there wasnt a big difference between Fournette, Yearby, and Cook as far as who is the best RB in the country.

I'd be less concerned if I new how great Gus Edwards wants to be. Reminds me of Coker in 2001/2002. Poor job of recruiting backs and he ended up with JR Mounts, when they could have had Wali Lundy. That worked out well.

Advertisement
Their though process may now be to put together the best class possible by need. If Duke, Gus, and Yearby can stay healthy there won't be any carries. Bring in the Juco to provide depth in case of injury instead of offering a B player and be stuck for 4 years.

I'd be less concerned if I new how great Gus Edwards wants to be. Reminds me of Coker in 2001/2002. Poor job of recruiting backs and he ended up with JR Mounts, when they could have had Wali Lundy. That worked out well.

Bad example. JR Mounts was 6'1 225 and ran a 4.3 according to the Greentree reports. You gotta give guys like that a chance. Who knew buddy with size and speed like that just didnt like contact?

Advertisement

Bad example. JR Mounts was 6'1 225 and ran a 4.3 according to the Greentree reports. You gotta give guys like that a chance. Who knew buddy with size and speed like that just didnt like contact?

I think that's a great example of the difference between Coker and Davis. Lundy was exactly what we needed and they passed, and took Mounts instead. It was a poor risk, and it came back to hurt us.

For real though, if we decide to offer him and land him he will be the best back we have behind Duke.

Are you guys watching his film?

He is a complete back who runs hard, can make people miss, goods hands, and plays with that Dade County swag.

His game reminds me of Maurice Jones Drew when he played for UCLA.

Imma post his highlights again for you guys along with MJD's UCLA highlight.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2099281/highlights/85646388?autoplay=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s_OAGgET8o

Advertisement
Back