Wishing & Moping

Again though, you utilize logic for one and not the other. You talk about teams that certain coaches inherited, but you fail again to mention that Manny inherited a train wreck from CMR. Richt saw what he had facing him and got out while the getting was good. I am sorry, but I only see you taking any opportunity you can to simply bash Manny. If you are going to use logic, use it both ways, no matter how much it destroys what your point is.
Train wreck?

2017, CMR was ACC coach of the year and 2017 was the first and only Coastal division championship.

You like to talk about logic, do you even know what that means? Manny was the DC, he helped create the "train wreck" you refer to, no?

You say CMR knew what he was facing and got out, was it a "rebuilding project" or Parkinsons? Get real .

Advertisement
Aint no real fan cheering for Miami to lose. Some people, feel like why waste 2 years with someone that has proven to be a bum? Therefore they rather it just capsize and get it over with ASAP. I don't subscribe to this but i understand the mentality. For example many people were called mopes and miserable when they saw that abortion defense Al Golden put out against Maryland in his first game DBs off 20 yards on 3 and 4 etc. They were right from the beginning. The people who were chastising them didn't come back and admit that. Now as for the current situation, i was right done with Diaz if he didn't make changes to the staff. Im not gonna be down on him this season until i see what changes have been made and what the new season bring. But you are also no gonna tell me how we improved last season from the season before when we got smashed by Clemson, humiliated by UNC at home and struggle our way through multiple games where we were highly favored. That is what we have been seeing for over a decade on repeat. I like they hires he has made since firing Dan Enos and he doesnt seem married to people like Golden and Richt so i will see what the new staff does. But if i see the same thing, he getting lit up. U people like to be hyping up practice then when season starts, then u move on to cussing the players. Not me, it starts and ends with the coaches.
Fair take..struggling against average competition for me

Train wreck?

2017, CMR was ACC coach of the year and 2017 was the first and only Coastal division championship.

You like to talk about logic, do you even know what that means? Manny was the DC, he helped create the "train wreck" you refer to, no?

You say CMR knew what he was facing and got out, was it a "rebuilding project" or Parkinsons? Get real .
CMR had nothing on offense. Seriously, if Rosier is your starting QB, your cupboards are bare. The only thing that team had was defense. ACC Coach of the Year was not deserved. That team had so many flaws it wasn't even funny. Manny and his D were the main reason they won a most of those games. CMR would not have retired if he had a good team returning the following year. The flaws became even more noticeable on Offense the following season. Do you even watch the Canes?

CMR had nothing on offense. Seriously, if Rosier is your starting QB, your cupboards are bare. The only thing that team had was defense. ACC Coach of the Year was not deserved. That team had so many flaws it wasn't even funny. Manny and his D were the main reason they won a most of those games. CMR would not have retired if he had a good team returning the following year. The flaws became even more noticeable on Offense the following season. Do you even watch the Canes?
Did CMR offer Rosier or was he already here?

If CMR didn't deserve coach of the year, who did, Manny? Or as a Canes fan would you have rather seen another schools coach win it? I don't understand your logic.

Why would you not want a CMR to win it?

Strange fan base....they celebrate 8-5 seasons and don't want to see any Cane coach or player succed.

Did CMR offer Rosier or was he already here?

If CMR didn't deserve coach of the year, who did, Manny? Or as a Canes fan would you have rather seen another schools coach win it? I don't understand your logic.

Why would you not want a CMR to win it?

Strange fan base....they celebrate 8-5 seasons and don't want to see any Cane coach or player succed.
Nowhere in anything I typed did I say I didn't want him to win it. I said it wasn't deserved and if you think he did, please explain why. As far as Rosier, you are completely missing the point. It matters not who brought him in. The initial argument was you using logic for some and not others, and I pointed out that Manny inherited a wreck from CMR and he did. The offense was at best below average. Richt saw that and left. Manny was given a **** to polish. What is so hard to see about that? Again, go back to your partial usage of logic only when it fits your narrative because now you are dancing around everything anyone else responds to you with.

Advertisement
Nowhere in anything I typed did I say I didn't want him to win it. I said it wasn't deserved and if you think he did, please explain why. As far as Rosier, you are completely missing the point. It matters not who brought him in. The initial argument was you using logic for some and not others, and I pointed out that Manny inherited a wreck from CMR and he did. The offense was at best below average. Richt saw that and left. Manny was given a **** to polish. What is so hard to see about that? Again, go back to your partial usage of logic only when it fits your narrative because now you are dancing around everything anyone else responds to you with.
You gotta be a semenhole fan or a serious mouth breather.

In 2017 CMR went 10-3, won the coastal, first time, and destroyed ND. And you think he did not deserve coach of year???????? LOL

Your choice would have been Jimbo, Willie, Mike, Bobby?

Now..., where is that foot condom gif

Who deserved it over richt is the better question? People love to bash richt and rosier but rosier set the school record for tds in a season AND averaged more touchdowns per game in 2017 than king did last year. And manny replaced richt and his oc with a much worse one which led to a 6-7 season…

You gotta be a semenhole fan or a serious mouth breather.

In 2017 CMR went 10-3, won the coastal, first time, and destroyed ND. And you think he did not deserve coach of year???????? LOL

Your choice would have been Jimbo, Willie, Mike, Bobby?

Now..., where is that foot condom gif
Destroyed ND, who also happened to be highly overrated, but yea, beat the **** out of them which is fun to watch no matter what, I give you that. As for 10-3, yup, but you fail to mention how he was 10-0, and finished 0-3. Also, your whole "close losses" logic must apply to close wins as well right?!?! I mean if you are going to use BS half wit logic to push a narrative, use your nonsense all the way around. GT and FSpoo could have easily been losses.
Look, all I am trying to do is use your same logic you used in other examples that you refuse to use in this example because for some reason you just want to bash Manny. I don't know if he slept with your girl or what, but you gotta at least be fair all the way around.

Perhaps we should examine the discussion as what some posters are talking about…

in an effort to prove points we immediately take to disparaging our own…. big wins in the past said to be meaningless to prove something about a coach

wins against highly ranked UF and ND minimized to show that posters were right about Golden, Richt or Manny as coaches…

fascinating

Advertisement
I’d like examples of a proven name in college leaving 1 spot he’s thriving at (in his prime) in order to take on a new challenge at the same level..the answer is it doesn’t happen..wtf would Mario leave that situation in Oregon to come here? Insert whatever name you want it generally never happens

I’d like examples of a proven name in college leaving 1 spot he’s thriving at (in his prime) in order to take on a new challenge at the same level..the answer is it doesn’t happen..wtf would Mario leave that situation in Oregon to come here? Insert whatever name you want it generally never happens
Dude, finding a coach is easy - Sumlin, Kiffin, Rich Rod, Harbaugh, Franklin all have championships in different places, universally loved by their fans bases….all second to none in game tacticians ….🤣

Last edited:
Dude, finding a coach is easy - Sumlin, Kiffin, Rich Rod, Harbaugh, Franklin all have championships in different places, universally loved by their fans bases….all second to none in game tacticians ….🤣
I remember when this fan base fawned over all those names

Ok, it would be one thing if we finished last year on a high note, but we've had 20 years of hot garbage, followed by finishing last year giving up 62 to UNC and then another bowl game loss, in a long line of bowl game losses. And every year about this time this board, and the previous ones to its existence, become a fanboy echochamber that goes from unrealistic to downright comical before the first game. Fat players are now leaner, skinny players have put on size, slow players have put on speed, players now get it that were lost before, everyone has a new attitude, and everyone's a green tree all American, Manny finally learned how to prepare for a game and you all expect great things 'this year' from ____fill in any and all players names here.

I guess it's eternal optimism that lets this repeat every single year. Again, if we finished on a high note, it would be easier to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Everyone has a different level to how much they've been beaten down at this point. What I don't get is that if anyone calls out this cyclical circle jerk for what it is, then they somehow aren't a fan. The real question is why do you care how big a fan other fans are? How does that matter to anything? Do you think an entire board of varying opinions are all going to track exactly the same? And yes, I think 1-5 is irrational, but no more so that 15-0. Why does one get praise and the other ridicule? It's all just prediction, and if past performance means anything, it's a crap shoot.

Advertisement
Ok, it would be one thing if we finished last year on a high note, but we've had 20 years of hot garbage, followed by finishing last year giving up 62 to UNC and then another bowl game loss, in a long line of bowl game losses. And every year about this time this board, and the previous ones to its existence, become a fanboy echochamber that goes from unrealistic to downright comical before the first game. Fat players are now leaner, skinny players have put on size, slow players have put on speed, players now get it that were lost before, everyone has a new attitude, and everyone's a green tree all American, Manny finally learned how to prepare for a game and you all expect great things 'this year' from ____fill in any and all players names here.

I guess it's eternal optimism that lets this repeat every single year. Again, if we finished on a high note, it would be easier to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Everyone has a different level to how much they've been beaten down at this point. What I don't get is that if anyone calls out this cyclical circle jerk for what it is, then they somehow aren't a fan. The real question is why do you care how big a fan other fans are? How does that matter to anything? Do you think an entire board of varying opinions are all going to track exactly the same? And yes, I think 1-5 is irrational, but no more so that 15-0. Why does one get praise and the other ridicule? It's all just prediction, and if past performance means anything, it's a crap shoot.

He should have just cut out the middle man and directed this thread directly to you.

Advertisement

There you are.

There you are.
Would it be better if I wore a matching male cheerleader outfit with you, and we could all just sit around agreeing with each other about how great we are going to be now that it's all coming together this year finally? Would that make you happy for your entertainment dollar?

Would it be better if I wore a matching male cheerleader outfit with you, and we could all just sit around agreeing with each other about how great we are going to be now that it's all coming together this year finally? Would that make you happy for your entertainment dollar?
I read your entire crap shot porst in Steve Urkel voice and yes I was entertained.

Advertisement
Back