Wishing & Moping

1-5 . lol . By all accounts we are a better team overall compared to last years team minus one position and thats DE. 10-2 or 9-3 should be worst case scenario. We know the mama and UNC games will be tough games. Every other game on our schedule we should be putting the smack down on them. Of course we will have one of those games thats a nail biter even though it should not be.
We have, of 22 starters, fifteen or sixteen that will play on Sundays next year. We should win every game. This is the oldest, most experienced, biggest, fastest and well schooled on both the offensive and defensive systems we’ve had since 2004.
Nfl 2022
Quarterback
3 offensive lineman
TE
Four cb/s
RB
2 wr
Three DT
2 DE
Punter
That’s 18 including one punter. If we don’t win the coastal and go to the playoffs, what the fvck

Advertisement
Every time I see someone say Manny never should have been hired, I ask the same question.

Then who?

Half the dudes on here spend their days chasing a coaching unicorn.
it's not the fact that Manny was hired per say, it's that we didn't even conduct a proper coaching search and panicked. That in itself was extremely disappointing. Manny hasn't won a meaningful game yet as HC, here's to him proving everyone wrong this season.

When Bobby died on Saturday, they played a bunch of classic noles games on ACCN. One was in 1999, the first Bowden Bowl. FSU won the national championship that season. They played Clemson, on the road, FSU was 6-0 and Clemson was 3-3. FSU was ranked #1 in the country. They won the game 17-14, on a late Seabass FG, and Clemson missed a 40 yarder with about 2 minutes left to tie the game. FSU only scored 1 TD, with an offense led by the Heisman winner and featuring Peter Warrick and a lot of other good players.

Yes, there was of course a lot of emotion in that game considering it was Bobby vs Tommy for the first time. But FSU was WAY better, won a natty, Clemson sucked, and they could have easily won the game. Winning is hard. When the 1999 FSU team is celebrated, nobody says, "Yeah, but they almost lost to Clemson." Almost doesn't count. Winning games does. Sometimes you lose ones you should win, sometimes you win ones you should lose. But at the end of the day, only 1 team wins. If you do that a lot more than you don't, you're a pretty good football team. The End.
they weren’t just talking about Championships, they were talking about the best ever. when some one is making An argument for the greatest team of all time, those narrow wins matter.

3 of the 4 losses were by a combined total of 12 points. The 4th loss was a bowl blowout.

Games not played were, UNC, FIU, and FAMU. So 8-5 was a real possibility.

Collapsed? Manny was 8-3.

We didnt play GT and Wake so 10-3 was a real possibility too.

Reverse the records and you're screaming for Manny's head/

Someone predicting 1 and 5 to start our season, I'm calling them crazy. Should it happen, I'll change that to they're a **** genius.

No way I see that happens. Depending how our defensive front seven play, I could see this season being one we will want to forget, be pleasantly surprised with, or somewhere in between. Our front seven on defense have me worried though, ain't gonna lie.

Advertisement
Some prick created a thread suggesting we may start the season 1-5. Claims to be a fan....
I know as fans we are inclined to experience the ill effects of confirmation bias now and again and Tbh I can see the value in those on this sight that stay coherent and can see outside of the super-fan box to offer verifiable impartial thoughts and forecasts. I absolutely commend all of you for your intensive knowledge and what you bring to the table and totally appreciate that. Sincere thanks to all of you.
On the other hand, the "fans" who never recognize any improvements or positive momentum and are "intellectually and emotionally sufficient to except reality"— that we are forever ill-fated to permanent mediocrity due to being helpless before the incompetent , penny pinching BoT.... are contributing a dull cynicism which creates a toxic energy and makes us look like a soft, fair-weather fan base. It's gotten to the point that I can feel the joy spilling out of these sulks each time we turn the ball over, get a penalty and so forth because it enforces their beliefs. Some of our cis "fans" are more prepared to ******** during our misfortunes than the fan base of whatever given team that we're playing. It's disturbing. While it's in every case great to analyze mishaps in order to address them moving forward , (that being a football program or as a person )there is additionally an almost negligible difference between being level headed and being a hopeless, prideful curmudgeon who would prefer to be correct then to see our Canes back on top.
You must be on Drugs, Michigan State sucks so that’s at least 2 wins. Bad take

Some prick created a thread suggesting we may start the season 1-5. Claims to be a fan....
I know as fans we are inclined to experience the ill effects of confirmation bias now and again and Tbh I can see the value in those on this sight that stay coherent and can see outside of the super-fan box to offer verifiable impartial thoughts and forecasts. I absolutely commend all of you for your intensive knowledge and what you bring to the table and totally appreciate that. Sincere thanks to all of you.
On the other hand, the "fans" who never recognize any improvements or positive momentum and are "intellectually and emotionally sufficient to except reality"— that we are forever ill-fated to permanent mediocrity due to being helpless before the incompetent , penny pinching BoT.... are contributing a dull cynicism which creates a toxic energy and makes us look like a soft, fair-weather fan base. It's gotten to the point that I can feel the joy spilling out of these sulks each time we turn the ball over, get a penalty and so forth because it enforces their beliefs. Some of our cis "fans" are more prepared to ******** during our misfortunes than the fan base of whatever given team that we're playing. It's disturbing. While it's in every case great to analyze mishaps in order to address them moving forward , (that being a football program or as a person )there is additionally an almost negligible difference between being level headed and being a hopeless, prideful curmudgeon who would prefer to be correct then to see our Canes back on top.

110% SPOT ON….THEY FANS YOU ARE REFERRING TO HAS NEVER SEEN AN OPPONENT **** THEIR DIAPERS BEFORE PRE-GAME WARM-UPS KNOWING THE CURB STOMP THEY WERE ABOUT TO RECEIVE…I CALL ‘EM SOUTH BEACH CHEERLEADERS….BECAUSE THAT’S ALL THEY DO….

We have, of 22 starters, fifteen or sixteen that will play on Sundays next year. We should win every game. This is the oldest, most experienced, biggest, fastest and well schooled on both the offensive and defensive systems we’ve had since 2004.
Nfl 2022
Quarterback
3 offensive lineman
TE
Four cb/s
RB
2 wr
Three DT
2 DE
Punter
That’s 18 including one punter. If we don’t win the coastal and go to the playoffs, what the fvck
Who's the QB, two other DBs, and two other DT that are going to be in the NFL in 2022?

We have talented players but they must produce for your lofty 15-16 prediction to be even half right.
1. Zion - inconsistent but shows flashes.
2. Bubba - needs to clean up his coverage ability but is solid.
3. Lou - best punter in the nation.
4. Couch - probably has to put more tape out but is solid.
5. Vaughn - has to get back into shape and improve his play.
6. Cam - definitely has the talent but can he put it all together this year?
7. Nesta - inconsistent.

Who are the other 8-9?

Who's the QB, two other DBs, and two other DT that are going to be in the NFL in 2022?

We have talented players but they must produce for your lofty 15-16 prediction to be even half right.
1. Zion - inconsistent but shows flashes.
2. Bubba - needs to clean up his coverage ability but is solid.
3. Lou - best punter in the nation.
4. Couch - probably has to put more tape out but is solid.
5. Vaughn - has to get back into shape and improve his play.
6. Cam - definitely has the talent but can he put it all together this year?
7. Nesta - inconsistent.

Who are the other 8-9?
King, Stevenson, DJ, Miller and Ford will all play on Sundays. I think Gilbert will too. I don’t believe TC will go pro next year. Fwiw I think, due to the depth of the draft, we’ll have about ten to twelve guys get drafted and the others will be UFA’s.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Sometimes people just want attention.

look what i can do mad tv GIF
Post of the week 🙌

3 of the 4 losses were by a combined total of 12 points. The 4th loss was a bowl blowout.

So losses are ok if they're close? What kind of crap is that?!?!

Heupel inherited an undefeated team and got progressively worse every year he was in Orlando. Nobody at UCF was mad about him going to Tennessee. Nowhere near as ****ed as they were when Frost left for Nebraska.

Manny’s first season had 5 losses by a touchdown or less. Does that matter? **** no, 6-7 was a failure. So going from 6-7 to 8-3 would be an improvement. Literally the opposite of a collapse.

Advertisement
Fair criticism is fair.

But the “I saw all I needed to see” crowd says that 10 times a game thread and is wrong more often than not and just crying, but act like they are football geniuses - so what they said about a coach 8 years ago is irrelevant.

And they will be out in the first series against Bama, citing the first mistake as to why we won’t win an unrelated game 8 weeks later with the “I told you when Alabama did this or when Jarren Williams did that, that Shalala blew the money on the hospital” or some ****

So losses are ok if they're close? What kind of crap is that?!?!
C' mon man..

The point was in football the line between winning or losing can be razor thin. Dude called it a collapse. I was just pointing out the games were close.

A collapse would be getting blown out every game and losing to FIU.

Around here, CIS loves an 8-5 season.

Heupel inherited an undefeated team and got progressively worse every year he was in Orlando. Nobody at UCF was mad about him going to Tennessee. Nowhere near as ****ed as they were when Frost left for Nebraska.

Manny’s first season had 5 losses by a touchdown or less. Does that matter? **** no, 6-7 was a failure. So going from 6-7 to 8-3 would be an improvement. Literally the opposite of a collapse.
And Frost inherited O'Leary's team.

I don't know how ****ed UCF's fans were, I'll have to defer to your knowledge on that subject.

Yes, they have been trending down, but calling an 8-5 season a collapse is hyperbole. In fact it's celebrated around here. So the fact that Manny had a similar record is ok with you. Baby steps I guess.

We'll see how Heuple does at UT.

Advertisement
C' mon man..

The point was in football the line between winning or losing can be razor thin. Dude called it a collapse. I was just pointing out the games were close.

A collapse would be getting blown out every game and losing to FIU.

Around here, CIS loves an 8-5 season.
Your point fell completely flat because you failed to apply your same logic to Manny, but hey, narratives will, narrative...........

Your point fell completely flat because you failed to apply your same logic to Manny, but hey, narratives will, narrative...........
For UCF, an 8-5 season is good.

But at UM 8- 5 should be considered a collapse. So Manny should be held to a higher standard.

Don't get it twisted.

For UCF, an 8-5 season is good.

But at UM 8- 5 should be considered a collapse. So Manny should be held to a higher standard.

Don't get it twisted.
Again though, you utilize logic for one and not the other. You talk about teams that certain coaches inherited, but you fail again to mention that Manny inherited a train wreck from CMR. Richt saw what he had facing him and got out while the getting was good. I am sorry, but I only see you taking any opportunity you can to simply bash Manny. If you are going to use logic, use it both ways, no matter how much it destroys what your point is.

Again though, you utilize logic for one and not the other. You talk about teams that certain coaches inherited, but you fail again to mention that Manny inherited a train wreck from CMR. Richt saw what he had facing him and got out while the getting was good. I am sorry, but I only see you taking any opportunity you can to simply bash Manny. If you are going to use logic, use it both ways, no matter how much it destroys what your point is.

The excuse machine rolls out an eternal number of them….for other coaches only of course.

Advertisement
Back