Wishing & Moping

Advertisement
The truth is people seem to believe more in potential, for whatever reason, than reality. People are already saying lashlee is gone next year, likens is the oc in waiting and t rob or shoop will be the next dc.
My problem with the manny hire, regardless of how it works out, is we did the same thing we always do, barely put any work in to it and try to Hire a first timer or find a bargain. diaz was essentially the 5th lazy hire in a row, though the richt hire was justified, he was obviously burned out. The fact that 1 out of 5 might work out doesn’t mean the AD‘s have done a good job.

Lmao you just posted a laundry list of exactly what the thread is about.

The truth is people seem to believe more in potential, for whatever reason, than reality. People are already saying lashlee is gone next year, likens is the oc in waiting and t rob or shoop will be the next dc.
My problem with the manny hire, regardless of how it works out, is we did the same thing we always do, barely put any work in to it and try to Hire a first timer or find a bargain. diaz was essentially the 5th lazy hire in a row, though the richt hire was justified, he was obviously burned out. The fact that 1 out of 5 might work out doesn’t mean the AD‘s have done a good job.

Great points all around however I'm specifically addressing the CMD argument in this case in regards to HC but I think this also spills over into many other aspects of the team. I pointed out the QB battle for instance...Remember Kosi Hive, Tate, Capt. Jack, etc.? seems we always look at the other and anoint them the coming..Welcome to the show Jake Garcia, you're now the new QB messiah (sorry TVD..we only like shiny new prospects) The King is dead, long live the King.

Great points all around however I'm specifically addressing the CMD argument in this case in regards to HC but I think this also spills over into many other aspects of the team. I pointed out the QB battle for instance...Remember Kosi Hive, Tate, Capt. Jack, etc.? seems we always look at the other and anoint them the coming..Welcome to the show Jake Garcia, you're now the new QB messiah (sorry TVD..we only like shiny new prospects) The King is dead, long live the King.

Every fanbase does this. There is a cliché (and clichés become clichés because they're usually very rooted in truth)...but it says that the backup QB is almost always the most popular player on the team. Everyone loves the shiny new toys.

Advertisement
What'd you expect from someone whose life is so worthless, the only joy & meaning they find is from spreading negativity & toxicity 24/7 on a college football forum. In their distorted perception of reality they actually think they're an "Alpha". Smh

Some prick created a thread suggesting we may start the season 1-5. Claims to be a fan....
I know as fans we are inclined to experience the ill effects of confirmation bias now and again and Tbh I can see the value in those on this sight that stay coherent and can see outside of the super-fan box to offer verifiable impartial thoughts and forecasts. I absolutely commend all of you for your intensive knowledge and what you bring to the table and totally appreciate that. Sincere thanks to all of you.
On the other hand, the "fans" who never recognize any improvements or positive momentum and are "intellectually and emotionally sufficient to except reality"— that we are forever ill-fated to permanent mediocrity due to being helpless before the incompetent , penny pinching BoT.... are contributing a dull cynicism which creates a toxic energy and makes us look like a soft, fair-weather fan base. It's gotten to the point that I can feel the joy spilling out of these sulks each time we turn the ball over, get a penalty and so forth because it enforces their beliefs. Some of our cis "fans" are more prepared to ******** during our misfortunes than the fan base of whatever given team that we're playing. It's disturbing. While it's in every case great to analyze mishaps in order to address them moving forward , (that being a football program or as a person )there is additionally an almost negligible difference between being level headed and being a hopeless, prideful curmudgeon who would prefer to be correct then to see our Canes back on top.
I love word search puzzles.

Advertisement
Other hot names for sure fire success: Tom Herman, Charlie Strong, Justin Fuente, Dino Babers, Greg Schiano, Dan Mullen, Mike Norvell, Scott Frost

Oh wait….
Man, of all the names listed, Scott Frost should’ve never left UCF. The man could recruit Florida. You can see it at Nebraska too but the Florida boys he’s getting can’t handle that pathetic state and leaving.
He’s a guy that can have success in the state of Florida in my opinion if he were to land back here again.

NIck Saban and Urban Meyer aren't leaving their jobs to come to Miami. Neither is Dabo Swinney (a guy MIami fans would have wanted fired after his first two seasons). I don't know what other miracle worker is out there that's going to snap his fingers and turn Miami into the the 1980's version of Miami again. I always want whatever guy we have to succeed because every time you replace a coaching staff, you're starting all over again and setting the program back a couple of more years. It's literally in every Miami fan's best interest for Manny Diaz to be as successful as possible because hoping he fails so he can be replaced by ??? only means it's going to be another two to three years of rebuilding.
The other thing people overlook is we need a coach with enough knowledge and power to come in and demand support, like richt did. A coach needs to be high profile enough that they can say to a cheap administration, “this is what I need to win here: money for assistants, an ipf, etc. if you’re not committed enough to provide this, dont expect rings and championships”. a coach also has to be a place where assistants want to go and coach under. I did t think manny could do that, but he has done well so far

Advertisement
Aint no real fan cheering for Miami to lose. Some people, feel like why waste 2 years with someone that has proven to be a bum? Therefore they rather it just capsize and get it over with ASAP. I don't subscribe to this but i understand the mentality. For example many people were called mopes and miserable when they saw that abortion defense Al Golden put out against Maryland in his first game DBs off 20 yards on 3 and 4 etc. They were right from the beginning. The people who were chastising them didn't come back and admit that. Now as for the current situation, i was right done with Diaz if he didn't make changes to the staff. Im not gonna be down on him this season until i see what changes have been made and what the new season bring. But you are also no gonna tell me how we improved last season from the season before when we got smashed by Clemson, humiliated by UNC at home and struggle our way through multiple games where we were highly favored. That is what we have been seeing for over a decade on repeat. I like they hires he has made since firing Dan Enos and he doesnt seem married to people like Golden and Richt so i will see what the new staff does. But if i see the same thing, he getting lit up. U people like to be hyping up practice then when season starts, then u move on to cussing the players. Not me, it starts and ends with the coaches.

Incredible:

1628634347002.png
1628634347002.png

The other thing people overlook is we need a coach with enough knowledge and power to come in and demand support, like richt did. A coach needs to be high profile enough that they can say to a cheap administration, “this is what I need to win here: money for assistants, an ipf, etc. if you’re not committed enough to provide this, dont expect rings and championships”. a coach also has to be a place where assistants want to go and coach under. I did t think manny could do that, but he has done well so far
I will say that’s one thing Manny has been able to accomplish. Not only has he gotten the administration to open their wallets a bit (it started with Richt) but he’s managed to get some high profile assistants to come work for him. Guys like Lashlee, Likens and TRob could have gone wherever they wanted and they picked Miami. You’re right that if you want to win at the P5 level, you can’t be cheap. Maybe Miami isn’t spending at the big school levels but at least they’re being competitive

Advertisement
12-1
10-3
6-4

He collapsed UCF faster than Coker destroyed us.
3 of the 4 losses were by a combined total of 12 points. The 4th loss was a bowl blowout.

Games not played were, UNC, FIU, and FAMU. So 8-5 was a real possibility.

Collapsed? Manny was 8-3.

Aint no real fan cheering for Miami to lose. Some people, feel like why waste 2 years with someone that has proven to be a bum? Therefore they rather it just capsize and get it over with ASAP. I don't subscribe to this but i understand the mentality. For example many people were called mopes and miserable when they saw that abortion defense Al Golden put out against Maryland in his first game DBs off 20 yards on 3 and 4 etc. They were right from the beginning. The people who were chastising them didn't come back and admit that. Now as for the current situation, i was right done with Diaz if he didn't make changes to the staff. Im not gonna be down on him this season until i see what changes have been made and what the new season bring. But you are also no gonna tell me how we improved last season from the season before when we got smashed by Clemson, humiliated by UNC at home and struggle our way through multiple games where we were highly favored. That is what we have been seeing for over a decade on repeat. I like they hires he has made since firing Dan Enos and he doesnt seem married to people like Golden and Richt so i will see what the new staff does. But if i see the same thing, he getting lit up. U people like to be hyping up practice then when season starts, then u move on to cussing the players. Not me, it starts and ends with the coaches.
I remember the Maryland game all to well. The reality is that we are miles ahead of that team we fielded in the Maryland game. Not only were we dealing with self imposed bowl bans as well as coming out of a black cloud around the program. Our depth was thin as could be due to massive attrition and rarely any decent player staying on past their jr. year. We were dealing with a coach that didn’t seem to fully comprehend the ‘Miami’ thing and who hired a friend to be the DC and was not willing to make the necessary changes that were desperately needed to get the program off the floor. We had no IPF, old dorms and stadium we had to travel to that sometimes consisted off tossing the old pig skin around a baseball diamond with dirt for turf.

FF to the year 2021. —-

Hard Rock has been renovated, we have a beautiful IPF and brand-new state of the art dorms. Here are some other reasons for optimism:

We have recruited well enough to have a formidable blue chip ratio. Retaining some local top prospects from going SEC. Including many of our current starters.
Our biggest deficiency was DE after losing two First round draft picks to the NFL. So we brought in an experienced starter from the sec to bolster depth.we were able to land two of the top ten players in the country last year and neither of them are being relied on as first year starters although they easily could be.
Between recruiting, development and the transfer portal there is more depth than I can recall in a long time and that’s after losing our top and prized recruit of 2020. we now have:
  1. Legit top quarterback in CFB
  2. legit left tackle.
  3. decent o-line
  4. Kicker that won’t lose the game for us
  5. all American Punter and Safety.
  6. Several possible all acc players.
  7. The top returning slot receiver in terms of production.
  8. Brought in a legit outside threat in Rambo.
  9. Brought in what could end up being our#1 lockdown corner.(Stevenson) who was previously another heart breaking recruiting loss to the $ec but somehow found his way back home to the canes.
  10. Not only do we actually have seniors on this team, but we have guys going on their 5th, 6th and 7th years. Our 2021 class is also full of leaders so I believe this team has more leadership than we have seen on a very long time.
  11. We got TRob and a solid staff with lashlee going into his 2nd year as OC...

12. CMD’s ability to spot and make necessary changes is vastly superior to golden, which makes all of the trolling that much more obvious to true cane fans in comparison to the folden era.

Advertisement
Back