Willis McGahee IV, '24 Edge Rusher, Palmetto

Advertisement
He's Patrick Joyner 2.0, take that as you will
Can he stay healthy and transition to OLB?

Joyner had injury problems and never was able to make the transition.
1672093261233.png

Physically, he is a Mario type recruit at LB, not DE...

Last edited:
Advertisement
Dear lord im old. I vividly remember willis at miami. Seems like yesterday
Man I had shoulder surgery and was doing rehab at Doctor's Hospital at the same time Willis was rehabbing his reconstructed knee. The rehab staff was totally blown away by how quickly he was recovering ... had virtually NO scar tissue to clean up which is one of the major issues in rehabbing any knee, ankle or shoulder after similar procedures.

Advertisement
The fact that we’re starting to see Willis McGahee, Frank Gore and mores kids now shows how old some of us are getting.
Can you not remind me? Thanks. my 25 y/o fiancé just turned to me and said I’m old because I’m gonna be 30 in 2 years…I died on the inside.

Advertisement
So Willis Jr, according to 247, is a top 100 national kid, top 10 nationally at EDGE, top 15 kid from Florida (not counting IMG), and from Columbus.

But he's not a take at Miami?

That has to be one of the biggest discrepancies I've seen in awhile.

He claims offers from Auburn, Mich, Tennessee but none of the big in state or SEC schools yet.

Seems strange.

So Willis Jr, according to 247, is a top 100 national kid, top 10 nationally at EDGE, top 15 kid from Florida (not counting IMG), and from Columbus.

But he's not a take at Miami?

That has to be one of the biggest discrepancies I've seen in awhile.

He claims offers from Auburn, Mich, Tennessee but none of the big in state or SEC schools yet.

Seems strange.

To be fair rankings this time of year don’t mean much. Like Santana Fleming last year at this time was a borderline 5 star, he signed with Western Carolina.

Advertisement
Can you not remind me? Thanks. my 25 y/o fiancé just turned to me and said I’m old because I’m gonna be 30 in 2 years…I died on the inside.
Fractured 3 vertebrae in my mid spine in 1976 (that's right ... there really are people that old), then had 3 vertebrae in the neck fractured in 1990. Turned 76 this past Christmas, and played 18 holes this past Thursday. Heading up to the Destin area next week to fish and play a few rounds of golf. Stay active, keep working out, reasonable diet, and age becomes ... to a degree ... just a number. It will catch up with you eventually but no **** reason to give up!

To be fair rankings this time of year don’t mean much. Like Santana Fleming last year at this time was a borderline 5 star, he signed with Western Carolina.
Some rankings don't mean much. The large majority of top 100 kids now will be highly recruited.

I understand the underrated kids who go to a less known school or hasn't camped much. But I don't understand how a kid like this who is an NFL legacy and goes to a well known school gets so overrated by recruiting services.

Just strange the discrepancy with some kids.

Advertisement
Back