Willis McGahee IV, '24 Edge Rusher, Palmetto

Rarely kids are as good as their pops. It's usually the kid is real good and the pops was ok or the pops was great and the kid is a jag. It's rare u see both great very rare. Bonds Griffeys etc dont happen too often especially in football. The next Sean T or Reed will be different people.
Surtain was the recent one in football.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He looks more athletic but not as polished a passer but he does look legit. Good arm. He’s a manning. Gonna be compelling
He can make all the throws and he can move. If he has that poise in the pocket going through reads then he will be a good one. Going through reads to me while the wall is collapsing and making the throw is the most important quality. Zach Wilson got everything but that and he can't be a good qb cause of it. And that's hard to see on film in HS cause they are so much better than everyone that's why kids go under the radar and become studs in college

I got over the legacy thing when Ray Lewis' kid imploded on the team. Recruit them hard if they make your board based on talent and character. Otherwise no. I think McGahee's kid has to show he can play at LB this season before he gets his offer. I'm soooo sick of the DE-to-LB experiment.
Agree on the legacy part and especially the DE to LBs, and think that shavers needs to show the same, really just saw him play edge on his highlight and couldn’t see any instincts

Joey Porter Jr. is an absolute stud. Freakshow. Pains me to say it with him being a Penn Stater but he might be my favorite corner coming out in my lifetime.
Yea he's legit I got him a level below sauce coming out. Sauce on a different stratusphere. He been elite since day 1 at Cincinnati. I told my boy who is a die hard jet fan he's the best corner in the NFL by week 1.

Advertisement
I’m starting to think he’ll be a D1 player somewhere, but outside of the state of FL.

Sucks because this kid explosive as ****
Explosive but limited in terms of size and speed. Too small for DE and not great in space to play OLB. He will put up numbers at a USF but that'll mostly be due to the talent he will be playing against.

I’m starting to think he’ll be a D1 player somewhere, but outside of the state of FL.

Sucks because this kid explosive as ****

Ya there's. not too many local kids we ignore, I mean we at least have em stop by campus or invite to the events even if not offered. but that seems to be the case with him? Or am I wrong there?

Advertisement
Ya there's. not too many local kids we ignore, I mean we at least have em stop by campus or invite to the events even if not offered. but that seems to be the case with him? Or am I wrong there?

I know he’s been there a few times, but if you look at the DL bodies they’re offering, he’s just doesn’t match up.

I think he’ll play D1 football, I just don’t know where it’ll be.

I know he’s been there a few times, but if you look at the DL bodies they’re offering, he’s just doesn’t match up.

I think he’ll play D1 football, I just don’t know where it’ll be.
Ya I would agree.

It is kinda funny how he's ranked so high on the sites on name alone. And that isn't even meant as a knock on the kid.

Rarely kids are as good as their pops. It's usually the kid is real good and the pops was ok or the pops was great and the kid is a jag. It's rare u see both great very rare. Bonds Griffeys etc dont happen too often especially in football. The next Sean T or Reed will be different people.

Even w/ The Bonds, the sons were way better than the fathers.

I’m thinking The Hulls in Hockey, and Marvin Harrison Jr. Joey Porter Jr has a chance to exceed his pops at the next level, but yeah man it’s rare. Either the kid is great & the dad was cool or pops is a legend & the kid doesn’t compare.

Advertisement

I’m thinking The Hulls in Hockey, and Marvin Harrison Jr. Joey Porter Jr has a chance to exceed his pops at the next level, but yeah man it’s rare. Either the kid is great & the dad was cool or pops is a legend & the kid doesn’t compare.
Now imagine New England of all teams drafting him.

Most awkward draft party in the history of mankind.

Vladimir Guerrero jr,but yeah it’s very rare that the son of a superstar becomes as good as the father. I think that the kids not being as hungry as the fathers could play a big factor

Vladimir Guerrero jr,but yeah it’s very rare that the son of a superstar becomes as good as the father. I think that the kids not being as hungry as the fathers could play a big factor

Love me some Vlad Jr.

And I agree w/ u; I think many live off of the last names vs. creating the names for themselves.

Advertisement
Back