Willis McGahee IV, '24 Edge Rusher, Palmetto

Some rankings don't mean much. The large majority of top 100 kids now will be highly recruited.

I understand the underrated kids who go to a less known school or hasn't camped much. But I don't understand how a kid like this who is an NFL legacy and goes to a well known school gets so overrated by recruiting services.

Just strange the discrepancy with some kids.
I disagree with you first sentence, the top 100 will look much much different come December and January. Also, it makes all the sense in the world that McGahee would be ranked this high and be overrated.

The recruiting services have some idea who is who but they just began focusing on 24 recently. The very reasons you describe in pedigree, comes from a major school in one of the richest if not richest recruiting grounds in the country is exactly why he would be overrated. Those attributes make him an easy choice because they haven’t really seen how all these kids match up yet. Not to mention, every year we see kids emerge their senior years while others max out early.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don’t know much but I am pretty familiar with how babies are made
family love GIF by STORKS

I haven’t paid too much attention to this recruitment; can anyone enlighten me on y McGahee is deemed not a take as a 4-star kid? Do we imagine he’ll drop in the rankings as the ‘24 season progress? Is this another one of those PTSD moments b/c of guys like AJ Highsmith, Baby Olsen & Baby Lewis or is he legitimately overrated?

Fractured 3 vertebrae in my mid spine in 1976 (that's right ... there really are people that old), then had 3 vertebrae in the neck fractured in 1990. Turned 76 this past Christmas, and played 18 holes this past Thursday. Heading up to the Destin area next week to fish and play a few rounds of golf. Stay active, keep working out, reasonable diet, and age becomes ... to a degree ... just a number. It will catch up with you eventually but no **** reason to give up!

How the heck did you fracture all those vertebrae?

Advertisement
I don’t know much but I am pretty familiar with how babies are made
I mean we are all reacting like “I remember seeing player X play just ___ years ago and now here is his son”, as though it was so long ago that player X was at UM. But if player X became a parent at 18-20, then it really hasn’t been “so long”.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Offer him if he's elite if not don't care about names that means nothing. We should know that already

I got over the legacy thing when Ray Lewis' kid imploded on the team. Recruit them hard if they make your board based on talent and character. Otherwise no. I think McGahee's kid has to show he can play at LB this season before he gets his offer. I'm soooo sick of the DE-to-LB experiment.

I got over the legacy thing when Ray Lewis' kid imploded on the team. Recruit them hard if they make your board based on talent and character. Otherwise no. I think McGahee's kid has to show he can play at LB this season before he gets his offer. I'm soooo sick of the DE-to-LB experiment.
Rarely kids are as good as their pops. It's usually the kid is real good and the pops was ok or the pops was great and the kid is a jag. It's rare u see both great very rare. Bonds Griffeys etc dont happen too often especially in football. The next Sean T or Reed will be different people.

Advertisement
Back