Willis McGahee IV, '24 Edge Rusher, Palmetto

There are certain programs where they are exceptional talent evaluators at particular positions. Pitt is excellent at DL. Any kid they offer on DL is worth a look, but in this case, the recruit also happens to be a 4 star legacy of a UM great. I think he needs to get an offer ASAP.

Like I said, I have no idea if he's worthy of an offer. I've stopped watching high school recruit's "film" aka highlight clips, but will still check on recruiting news. If the kid's worthy of an offer, great! Offer him. But don't do it because of who his daddy is.

Advertisement
128D5058-FAA5-494A-A10F-4C547796FF30.jpeg

Advertisement
He very well could've been the best outta all of them coming out of HS....Sure Gore got all the accolades (well deserved) but Najeh was an absolute Freak...Talk about Speed and Quickness for 6'2 225/230??....Imagine the Log Jam at RB if Najeh doesn't hurt his knee??....Imagine 2000s backfield with Najeh, Portis and James Jackson....
Najeh was killing OSU before the injury in that game. Moss also showed out that game turning some wounded ducks into long receptions

Advertisement
He was...but Najeh Davenport was even more of a freak...ask people in the know @gogeta4 @Cribby @Pentagon Cane etc...bout that ManChild....6'2 225lbs with 4.35 speed...If he doesn't tear his knee up against Ohio St in KO Opener in 1999...It would've been unfair...

His toss sweeps were easy money when he was a freshman. He gained top speed so quickly. Was one of my favorite guys to watch back then.

That game along with the UCLA/Edge game and the UVA CarQuest Bowl beating were the 3 that let me know we were back...
Same.
You and I can run through the list but in that OSU game, Morgan, Reed, Webster, Blades and lewis were all making plays on defense. Moss was easily the best receiver but Wayne was making catches as well.

Against UCLA, obviously Edge was the best player on the field but Covington was a really solid QB. That one season with Covington made me think he should have had the nod over Clement. Maybe he jsut came into a better situaiton and wasn’t beaten down like Clement but Covington was just a good QB.

I remember yelling at my TV early in the FSU game in 2000 that UM was the fastest team on the field. I think I first felt that way after Najeh caught the TD pass and we saw that our fullback was too fast for their linebackers. As were our tight ends!

Same.
You and I can run through the list but in that OSU game, Morgan, Reed, Webster, Blades and lewis were all making plays on defense. Moss was easily the best receiver but Wayne was making catches as well.

Against UCLA, obviously Edge was the best player on the field but Covington was a really solid QB. That one season with Covington made me think he should have had the nod over Clement. Maybe he jsut came into a better situaiton and wasn’t beaten down like Clement but Covington was just a good QB.

I remember yelling at my TV early in the FSU game in 2000 that UM was the fastest team on the field. I think I first felt that way after Najeh caught the TD pass and we saw that our fullback was too fast for their linebackers. As were our tight ends!
Man I was so sad for Najeh when he got hurt because I knew we had too much talent for him to regain his feature role back. By how he was toying with the Suckeyes, he looked like a shoo-in for 1300-1500+ yds & 15+ tubs.

If not for that, as well as the William Green selection, we woulda had 4 consecutive 1st Round RB's. A healthy Frank woulda made 5. If you're not a SC fan or maybe Texas, kindly shut the fucc up when RB's are discussed....

Advertisement
Man I was so sad for Najeh when he got hurt because I knew we had too much talent for him to regain his feature role back. By how he was toying with the Suckeyes, he looked like a shoo-in for 1300-1500+ yds & 15+ tubs.

If not for that, as well as the William Green selection, we woulda had 4 consecutive 1st Round RB's. A healthy Frank woulda made 5. If you're not a SC fan or maybe Texas, kindly shut the fucc up when RB's are discussed....
Has anybody ever been able to explain why Butch picked William Green pick?! That's one I've wondered about since I was a teenager.

Same.

Scott had an absolute Howitzer for an arm....Top 4 in UM History unbeknownst to alot of fans.

Advertisement
Same.

Covington will always have a special place in my heart. Unsung hero who got the ball rolling again...

His toss sweeps were easy money when he was a freshman. He gained top speed so quickly. Was one of my favorite guys to watch back then.
Might have very well been the best of all the RBs outta that group coming outta HS.....People forget....Speed until forever. Absolute Manchild. Another "What if" (injury never happened)

Advertisement
Back