Williams versus Perry

Bull****. Rest of the game, coaching, blah, blah,blah. Game on the line with a chance to win it, Kaaya failed to come through every single time he was in that situation while Rosier has found a way every single time he’s been in that situation.

I’m not here to argue that Kaaya wasn’t the better QB for 3 quarters, but Rosier is the better 4th quarter QB hands down.

For one a few of those wins where pure luck by Rosier. Second we wouldnt be in that situation with Kaaya. I would take the player who plays well for 3 quarters over the player who doesn't play worse in the 4th quarter.

Advertisement
I have been really digging deep into the high school re-wind series and I intentionally wanted to gauge Perry and Williams back to back. From a fundamental quarterbacking perspective I no doubt believe Williams was better coming out of high school. He simply is checking off more boxes here. Anticipation seems more prevalent from Williams. (I'll attach an example) He understands coverages better. Ball out is quicker when the blitz comes. And when Williams decides to run, it usually is a by product of rhythm coverage justification or because of an outright bust along the offensive line.

Now to be honest, I would believe that Perry being in the system one year longer would essentially give him the upper hand over Williams. Now that spring has passed and you see Richt make a reference about Perry running too early and Williams being fundamentally sound? These high school background checks don't seem to be too far off.

So the formula could be this simple for me. The fact Jarren came out of high school more fundamentally sound than Perry is the reason he is factoring quicker than Perry did. I will tabulate the totals soon (Still working on the breakdowns) but ultimately I will tell you William's re-wind ranking will be higher than Perry.

I have been really digging deep into the high school re-wind series and I intentionally wanted to gauge Perry and Williams back to back. From a fundamental quarterbacking perspective I no doubt believe Williams was better coming out of high school. He simply is checking off more boxes here. Anticipation seems more prevalent from Williams. (I'll attach an example) He understands coverages better. Ball out is quicker when the blitz comes. And when Williams decides to run, it usually is a by product of rhythm coverage justification or because of an outright bust along the offensive line.

Now to be honest, I would believe that Perry being in the system one year longer would essentially give him the upper hand over Williams. Now that spring has passed and you see Richt make a reference about Perry running too early and Williams being fundamentally sound? These high school background checks don't seem to be too far off.

So the formula could be this simple for me. The fact Jarren came out of high school more fundamentally sound than Perry is the reason he is factoring quicker than Perry did. I will tabulate the totals soon (Still working on the breakdowns) but ultimately I will tell you William's re-wind ranking will be higher than Perry.

Thanks for this analysis. Based on your analytics, it’s clear that Williams came in better prepared as a more complete QB, and as you suggest it has a lot to do with the sophistication of the HS offensive programs each came from.

Since Perry is still getting those 2nd team snaps, I would assume he’s improved to some extent from when he first came in. The coaches may also feel that due to his high talent level and potential for improvement in the mental aspects, that he is still a legit backup.

Overall, I think this bodes well for a strong competition in the coming months. Although Rick might still redshirt Williams, the fact that he hasn’t ruled out keeping him on the active roster means that Williams is making run as a true freshmen, even from the 3rd or 4th spot.

he lost every game we trailed in the 3rd and 4th = Kaaya choked in every game he played. We had leads that he choked away, any sign of having to compete for the W he folded like a cheap lawn chain. Kaaya never carried a team and got the job done stop acting retarded, did u all live in another reality when he played??

Yeah im sure Al golden would still have his job if we had just started Rosier.

Advertisement
For one a few of those wins where pure luck by Rosier. Second we wouldnt be in that situation with Kaaya. I would take the player who plays well for 3 quarters over the player who doesn't play worse in the 4th quarter.
Pure luck my ***. You don’t drive a team the length of the field twice in the 4th quarter and throw TDs to two different guys against your main rival off of dumb luck. You don’t go 8 for 11 for 89 yards with under 2 minutes to play off of dumb luck.

You’re either an idiot who doesn’t understand football, or you’re an idiot who thinks that by belittling Rosier’s contributions to last season’s successes as well as failures you’ll never have to deal with the reality that he accomplished more in his first season than any of our last 5 QBs have been able to match total.

Pretty sad that Perry has been coached in college for the past year, yet it's said that he looks that much more polished than a kid fresh out of high school.
What does that tell you about lil Richt's qb coaching. Rosier still looks blah as well.
??

Pretty sad that Perry has been coached in college for the past year, yet it's said that he looks that much more polished than a kid fresh out of high school.
What does that tell you about lil Richt's qb coaching. Rosier still looks blah as well.
??

A smarter take is to ask what does it tell you about the player. Rosier is extremely limited, so his ability to improve is also limited. It seems rather obvious that Williams has a higher ceiling than Rosier, and probably higher than Perry.

Advertisement
A smarter take is to ask what does it tell you about the player. Rosier is extremely limited, so his ability to improve is also limited. It seems rather obvious that Williams has a higher ceiling than Rosier, and probably higher than Perry.

No I like my take as the smarter one, thanks though. Kaaya didn't get better either.

Pure luck my ***. You don’t drive a team the length of the field twice in the 4th quarter and throw TDs to two different guys against your main rival off of dumb luck. You don’t go 8 for 11 for 89 yards with under 2 minutes to play off of dumb luck.

You’re either an idiot who doesn’t understand football, or you’re an idiot who thinks that by belittling Rosier’s contributions to last season’s successes as well as failures you’ll never have to deal with the reality that he accomplished more in his first season than any of our last 5 QBs have been able to match total.

The problem isn't that he's not good enough, it's that he's not good enough of the time.

@Roman Marciante Do you think it would be beneficial for Perry to do what Petrino did to Lamar Jackson which was not allow him to take off and run in practice? He forced him for a whole summer to read coverages and go through his progressions. Perry has all of the physical tools, I hope he can be developed.

Sounds like a great idea actually. Any avenue to get him to assimilate into this offense and read coverages at a higher clip I am all in.

Wrong. You are the moron that thinks because Rosier won 10 games that he is somehow the better choice than Kaaya. You are the type of fool that thinks Rocky Bleier is a better RB than Herschel Walker because he has more rings. Wins does not equal how good you are. You can put Tom Brady on the Browns and his win percentage plummets does that make him a worse QB than someone with more wins? No. Teams matter. Regardless Rosier got lucky. With everything he did in those last 2 drives. He threw a terrible pass that was luckily hauled in and if it wasn't hauled in he would have had to kick a field goal because there would be 5 seconds left on the clock. That was the luck. I am not saying the rest of the 2 drives where luck, but had he not gotten lucky it would have all been for nothing because the clock would have expired. Regardless Kaaya wouldn't have been in that situation. If Rosier was able to go through reads and hit his targets we would have been up significantly at that point.

Advertisement
True, Kaaya never led an 80 yd. drive down the field to win a game...ever.

You must be delusional. The reason for that is because whenever he played swiss cheese defenses he lit them up. He didn't need to lead 4th quarter comebacks. If you put Rosier against 2016 FSU or UNC then it wouldn't have even been close. It would have been a blowout with Rosier throwing tons of picks. Va Tech would have been an even bigger blowout and Kaaya did great against ND, but our defense just let them score all game. We just have a much better team this year than last(besides QB). We won despite Rosier. He did not lead us to a 10 win season.

Kaaya was 1-7 against ranked teams, 1-2 against UNC, never beat FSU, never beat ND, lost to Cincinnati, Pitt, Virginia, and regularly had to sweat out games against teams like FAU.

Advertisement
Bull****. Rest of the game, coaching, blah, blah,blah. Game on the line with a chance to win it, Kaaya failed to come through every single time he was in that situation while Rosier has found a way every single time he’s been in that situation.

I’m not here to argue that Kaaya wasn’t the better QB for 3 quarters, but Rosier is the better 4th quarter QB hands down.

Kaaya did the same thing Malik did at the same moment of the FSU game in 2016. He made an incredible throw to get us into a position to win on the final offensive play of the game. He can't control the missed PAT that would have sent the game to OT.

And Malik absolutely did not do it every single time. He threw an inexcusable INT very late at UNC, right after we'd gotten a turnover in a situation where a field goal ices the game. He didn't do it at all against Pitt, especially in the 4th where he was so unbelievably bad he actually got yanked. And please try and remember he made the wrong throw, short, into double coverage, that bounced off two defenders on the the play Langham made that incredible catch against Georgia Tech.

You're completely revising history to suit your constant narrative.

Last edited:
You really don't know **** about football. Kaaya didn't make a comeback because his teams where either not as good as Rosiers teams or they where getting coached by Golden. If you put Rosier on any of those teams he would have done even worse than Kaaya. None of those comebacks would have been comebacks with Kaaya in. I'm not even going to argue with you about this anymore because it is obvious you don't want to use logic(just like every other post you make).

This clown talkn about logic and I don't know football but got an excuse for Kaaya in every sentence?? "Rosier was lucky" and "Kaayas teams were worse"?? Lol U sound like a child gtfoh

Kaaya did the same thing Malik did at the same moment of the FSU game in 2016. He made an incredible throw to get us into a position to win on the final offensive play of the game. He can't control the missed PAT that sends the game to OT.

And Malik absolutely did not do it every single time. He threw an inexcusable INT very late at UNC, right after we'd gotten a turnover in a situation where a field goal ices the game. He didn't do it at all against Pitt, especially in the 4th where he was so unbelievably bad he actually got yanked. And please try and remember he made the wrong throw, short, into double coverage, that bounced off two defenders on the the play Langham made that incredible catch against Georgia Tech.

You're completely revising history to suit your constant narrative.
Me? Malik's INT came with over 8 minutes to go in the 4th when we were still up 24-13. It led to no points; UNC didn't cut it to a one score game until 2 possessions later. It was Travis Homer's fumble with 2 minutes to go you're thinking about that cost us a chance to put the game on ice.

"And please try and remember he made the wrong throw, short, into double coverage, that bounced off two defenders on the the play Langham made that incredible catch against Georgia Tech."

This is just a lie that needs to die. Skip to 1:28. That ball bounced off of nobody. The first thing it hits is Langham's hands. The defender played it the way you're taught. He put a hand in between the receiver's hands and tried to rip it out. Langham made a **** of a play to stay with it, and the throw could have been a little better, but it was thrown back shoulder to prevent the safety from factoring into the play, which he did not. You're delusional to think that was a pass thrown into double coverage. It was 4th down. We needed a play or the game is over. Malik delivered.

And that's really all that matters. We can sit here and talk if's and buts, and defenses and coaches, and you'll never hear me argue that Kaaya didn't make the routine plays far more consistently than Rosier, but when you have the ball with 2 minutes to go and a chance to score to win your defense--however terrible--and your coaches--however terrible--have done enough to give us a chance to win and it's entirely up to the QB. Against FSU I have no doubt that Kaaya would have thrown the ball away and settled for a field goal. Against GaTech, he would have never given Langham a chance to make a play and we would have lost.

I'm not arguing that Rosier is great, but you people trying to reduce last season down to two instances of pure luck are doing it for one reason and one reason only: so you can build up a fantasy world where you can just insert any QB and they'll probably have the same chances of getting lucky.

Kaaya was 1-7 against ranked teams, 1-2 against UNC, never beat FSU, never beat ND, lost to Cincinnati, Pitt, Virginia, and regularly had to sweat out games against teams like FAU.
You dumbfukk...did you not understand that the team and coaching is better now and the competition is not the same as in Kaaya's tenure. You post 70 times per thread to shread any qb that's not #12. If you had a vote, he should have won the Maxwell award.

Advertisement
Back