Williams versus Perry

DancingBear

Recruit
Premium
Saw practice today.Williams is getting more confident and effective.He has separated himself already from Perry and his teammates have noticed by their reactions.Perry takes too long to read the defense .He either gets sacked or has to rely on his legs to make a play.Does not execute Richt offense.Williams makes quicker decisions than all quarterbacks including Rosier.The receivers get it on the run or when they turnaround from their cuts.Hightower,Wiggins,Pope ,Jordan,Mallory,and Lingard are going to have a field day in the future catching balls thrown by Williams.As of today Williams is head and shoulders better than Perry.

Advertisement
I don't want to be one of those hindsight is 20-20 guys but when I watched Perry's film back then WRs were open all over the place which made me wary because I didn't see any tight throws. Then posters here who seem to be in tune in the HS game said the competition Perry played in HS was terrible which made me even more wary because the sudden jump in competition might overwhelm him. I was back and forth on the Perry train not because I believed Perry was going to be this great player I just thought he couldn't be any worst then Evans or Malik.

We'll see. The thing with Jarren is I don't think he has a big arm IMO, but he is the only thing that resembles a decent looking QB. I wonder if he isn't playing well when he is in with the 1's.

Advertisement
I don't want to be one of those hindsight is 20-20 guys but when I watched Perry's film back then WRs were open all over the place which made me wary because I didn't see any tight throws. Then posters here who seem to be in tune in the HS game said the competition Perry played in HS was terrible which made me even more wary. I was back and forth on the Perry train not because I believed Perry was going to be this great player I just thought he couldn't be any worst then Evans or Malik.

We'll see. The thing with Jarren is I don't think he has a big arm IMO, but he is the only thing that resembles a decent looking QB. I wonder if he isn't playing well when he is in with the 1st.

I don't think he has had a lot of action with the 1s before last week or so. Not that I know that personally but from things someone else has said. He apparently did on Tuesday and it was reported he did very very well. This comes from someone on a different board.

JW definitely got more opportunities with Cade out, especially in drills. He was throwing to the equipment guy in drills before that. Seems like he made the most of the opportunity.

I can not give you insight on the offensive line since they did not have pads today.Williams from what I have seen has a live arm to make all the throws with velocity.He happens to throw better on the short and intermediate routes better at the moment but he has the natural talent to throw the long ball.He is just getting use to the speed and talent of our receiver and college level.

Williams is going to be the starter. He will win us just as many games as Rosier or more. Also he isn’t even half as good as he will be come week 1. He will overtake the job somewhere during the summer. It’s only a matter of time.

Nah. Rosier will have to absolutely **** the bed for that to happen. Williams will have to somehow have every single light switch on come Summer or he won't start. ***** it, I think he should but we all know Mark won't do that.

Advertisement
Nah. Rosier will have to absolutely **** the bed for that to happen. Williams will have to somehow have every single light switch on come Summer or he won't start. ***** it, I think he should but we all know Mark won't do that.
Exactly. He’s going to go with the safest bet possible.

well they also say Williams is very serious about his academics which tells me he can handle the playbook.

OP only has 90 posts on this board. Seems legit....
EF-Hutton.jpg

Advertisement

Whoever the team responds to the most is gonna be the guy. Richt has pointed out that even if a guy isn’t the vocal get in your face type, then the team will get behind him if they have confidence he knows what to do and Richt can roll with that. That’s rosier

Jarren, from what we can gather with our limited info, knows what to do while also being the vocal type.

Personally I wouldn’t put it past Richt to throw jarren into the fire against LSU, provided he keeps improving over the summer into fall camp.

Williams is going to be the starter. He will win us just as many games as Rosier or more. Also he isn’t even half as good as he will be come week 1. He will overtake the job somewhere during the summer. It’s only a matter of time.

If so, he’ll also do something Rosier couldn’t... Get much better as the season progresses

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back