Williams versus Perry

I agree Rosier has his faults and many of you think someone else will start because that someone got better. Why can't Rosier get the benefit that he got better too? I expect a large improvement from Rosier. Enough to hold the others off, who knows.

Advertisement
I agree Rosier has his faults and many of you think someone else will start because that someone got better. Why can't Rosier get the benefit that he got better too? I expect a large improvement from Rosier. Enough to hold the others off, who knows.
I don't think I have ever seen a redshirt senior QB, with limited ability, improve drastically in his last season. He is what he is, and odds are will continue to be that inaccurate passer we saw last year.

It was reported Williams was fourth behind Weldon today.

What was OP watching? Just curious because it doesn’t sound like he would’ve gotten that many snaps.

To be fair (and rehash once again), the portion open to the media is essentially warmups and prob the first few minutes of indies (individual drills). Of course Williams is going to be last in the line for these drills until told to be otherwise. That is not necessarily indicative of the depth chart as it would stand today.

It's possible Richt called Williams up to get some reps with 1s and 2s.

It's also possible OP is just a troll and is straight lying to us

Saw practice today.Williams is getting more confident and effective.He has separated himself already from Perry and his teammates have noticed by their reactions.Perry takes too long to read the defense .He either gets sacked or has to rely on his legs to make a play.Does not execute Richt offense.Williams makes quicker decisions than all quarterbacks including Rosier.The receivers get it on the run or when they turnaround from their cuts.Hightower,Wiggins,Pope ,Jordan,Mallory,and Lingard are going to have a field day in the future catching balls thrown by Williams.As of today Williams is head and shoulders better than Perry.

In the spring game, Perry did a nice job of avoiding sacks.

Advertisement
Saw practice today.Williams is getting more confident and effective.He has separated himself already from Perry and his teammates have noticed by their reactions.Perry takes too long to read the defense .He either gets sacked or has to rely on his legs to make a play.Does not execute Richt offense.Williams makes quicker decisions than all quarterbacks including Rosier.The receivers get it on the run or when they turnaround from their cuts.Hightower,Wiggins,Pope ,Jordan,Mallory,and Lingard are going to have a field day in the future catching balls thrown by Williams.As of today Williams is head and shoulders better than Perry.

Delivering the rock in stride is the difference between a dangerous offense vs. one that stagnates as ours tends to do. Assuming we can get a decent O-line rotation, getting the ball to playmakers in a position to get some nice YAC will determine how potent we can be on offense.

Something Richt said about Williams that stood out to me, was even when JW doesn't know what the play is, He still throws strikes. That's instinct, can't coach it.

Even if He's doing it against the #2s or #3s or whatever, He's still doing it against College comp...fresh on campus...the same College comp that Perry seems to be struggling with.

With that said, I wouldn't be surprised if He's at least a #2 coming outta Fall camp...with momentum.

OP is legit.

Just going by what was reported by Stefan in another thread. What I was getting at is was OP watching Williams throwing against the 1’s, etc.

In other words, was Williams getting 1st team snaps. That’s what I meant when I said, “what was he watching”, not whether OP was legit. My assumption was he actually did see at least some of the practice .

Great to hear one of the QBs is stepping up their game. Not surprised whatsoever it is Williams. Just curious, OP, what did you mean by his "teammates' reactions" indicate they realize it, too? What did you see?

Advertisement
Williams is going to be the starter. He will win us just as many games as Rosier or more. Also he isn’t even half as good as he will be come week 1. He will overtake the job somewhere during the summer. It’s only a matter of time.

How do you overtake the spot over the Summer?!? C'mon man...I want Williams as well since he appears that he has all the goods, but lets pump the brakes. Any changing of the guard will be done in the Fall during camp.

To be fair (and rehash once again), the portion open to the media is essentially warmups and prob the first few minutes of indies (individual drills). Of course Williams is going to be last in the line for these drills until told to be otherwise. That is not necessarily indicative of the depth chart as it would stand today.

It's possible Richt called Williams up to get some reps with 1s and 2s.

It's also possible OP is just a troll and is straight lying to us

Drills probably have nothing to do with scrimmage play. It's like warm ups. Other posters have said He has been getting reps with the 2nd team for a few weeks. he also got snaps with the 7v7 in the beginning.

Advertisement
this is why I think we should be recruiting 2 Qbs for this cycle. what if Williams passes up Perry and Weldon, and they both decide to clear it next year.

Careful bro, even with the d money voucher for you people don't want to hear this. We'd rather watch Perry read a
I don't want to be one of those hindsight is 20-20 guys but when I watched Perry's film back then WRs were open all over the place which made me wary because I didn't see any tight throws. Then posters here who seem to be in tune in the HS game said the competition Perry played in HS was terrible which made me even more wary because the sudden jump in competition might overwhelm him. I was back and forth on the Perry train not because I believed Perry was going to be this great player I just thought he couldn't be any worst then Evans or Malik.

We'll see. The thing with Jarren is I don't think he has a big arm IMO, but he is the only thing that resembles a decent looking QB. I wonder if he isn't playing well when he is in with the 1's.
I don't want to be one of those hindsight is 20-20 guys but when I watched Perry's film back then WRs were open all over the place which made me wary because I didn't see any tight throws. Then posters here who seem to be in tune in the HS game said the competition Perry played in HS was terrible which made me even more wary because the sudden jump in competition might overwhelm him. I was back and forth on the Perry train not because I believed Perry was going to be this great player I just thought he couldn't be any worst then Evans or Malik.

We'll see. The thing with Jarren is I don't think he has a big arm IMO, but he is the only thing that resembles a decent looking QB. I wonder if he isn't playing well when he is in with the 1's.
Film amd coachspeak interviews routinely describe him as "drilling the ball"

Advertisement
It has been reported before by our most connected posters that OP is legit. I remember Pete liking a bunch of his posts last year.

Not buying the Williams hype for this season. He’ll redshirt. It’ll be Perry vs Williams next year.

If Williams does win the battle, the coaches wont tell you till well into fall practice. Because Rosier, Perry and Weldon all might transfer if he does.

This.

And this is why I never doubted Rosier will be the starter right now. You announce Williams is the starter during Spring and both him and Perry leave.

Let the competition continue into the Fall camp. Worst case we have a deep qb depth chart at least next year

Advertisement
Back