Williams versus Perry

I think we are missing the point. Both Perry and Williams will be a dramatic improvement over what we had at #2 last year. Not enough has been said about how Rosier's injury affected his performance. I'm hoping for a healthy Rosier this year and if he gets streaky we see him benched for a legit replacement.
Both Perry and Williams will be a dramatic improvement o er what we had at #1 last year. How did the so-call injury affect his performance or lack thereof through the previous 6-7 games. Im hoping for a healthy other qb than #12 that can showcase our elite talent at the skill positions by simply getting the ball in their hands so they can do work.

Advertisement
Pitt's QB was 18-29 for 193 and 1 TD
Eric Dungey of Syracuse was 13-41 for 137 with 0 TDs and 4 INT's.
Duke was 21-41 for 166 0 TD and 1 INT
If this is Heisman level QB play, just what the **** is your problem with Rosier, anyway?

Have you never heard of hyperbole? Why did you leave off the stats of the rest of the players I named? Because it doesn't fit your narrative? I have no problem with Rosier. I actually like the guy(as I like every single one of our players). My problem is some people who don't know anything about football are trying to say Rosier is the better QB than Kaaya or that Kaaya wouldn't have won those ten games when obviously that isn't the case.

Only people with an anti-Rosier agenda have to lie about the defense in order to make Rosier seem worse than he already was. Pitt shouldn't be able to hold us to 16 yards rushing if they put 15 in the box. We ******* suck running the ball. Early season success with Rosier and the zone read hid how bad we really were, but at no time last season were we able to line up and run a designed play to any of our tailbacks with any consistency after the Bethune-Cookman game.

Rosier was plenty awful without making **** up. Our running game and o-line in particular was equally terrible. I remember a discussion last season about route concepts and how we ran too many bubbles and really short passes...I don't recall everyone who was involved, but @LuCane was definitely one of the guys explaining how if teams are going to drop 7 guys into coverage and just give away the underneath stuff, you got to be able to take it. I made the point that if teams were going to drop 7 guys into coverage and we don't hand the ball off and pound their front four all game long, there must be something wrong.

Turns out, there was something wrong. We can't run the ball. After the Virginia game, Travis Homer had almost 850 yards with 4 games left to play and didn't break 1000.

Lets put this into perspective. UNC played 12 games last season and were the 112th ranked rushing defense in the NCAA.
Cal rushed for 106
Louisville rushed for 312
Old Dominion rushed for 102
Duke rushed for 186
GaTech rushed for 403
Notre Dame rushed for 341
Virginia ran for 156
Virginia Tech got 181
Pitt gained 267
Western Carolina managed 151
and NC State had 292

in 11 games 10 players ran for over 100 yards against UNC. Travis Homer got 40 and Choc Gray got 2. They held us to 62 yards rushing as a team and 20 of that was QB runs.

This is an embarrassment to football and the fans hooting and hollering about how all we need to do is replace Rosier and that will fix everything are just plain stupid and willfully ignorant. Miami was the worst rushing team UNC faced all season and that list contains Western Carolina and Old Dominion.

I don't remember the thread or conversation (you can search for it and quote it, I guess), but replying because you @'d me. I'd repeat the same: if teams are going to continuously drop 7, you have to hit the underneath stuff. In addition, our run game has to be more varied. We were predictable. And, sure, of course we have to be better along the OL. It's all connected.

I can not give you insight on the offensive line since they did not have pads today.Williams from what I have seen has a live arm to make all the throws with velocity.He happens to throw better on the short and intermediate routes better at the moment but he has the natural talent to throw the long ball.He is just getting use to the speed and talent of our receiver and college level.

That was clear when trying to hit Pope in the all star game. It will only get better as he adapts to the speed.

UM

Have you never heard of hyperbole? Why did you leave off the stats of the rest of the players I named? Because it doesn't fit your narrative? I have no problem with Rosier. I actually like the guy(as I like every single one of our players). My problem is some people who don't know anything about football are trying to say Rosier is the better QB than Kaaya or that Kaaya wouldn't have won those ten games when obviously that isn't the case.
My narrative? You listed 6 QBs with "Heisman" performances against us and 3 of them were down right horrible. Don't get mad at me because you're once again trying to build YOUR narrative with false information.

Advertisement
My narrative? You listed 6 QBs with "Heisman" performances against us and 3 of them were down right horrible. Don't get mad at me because you're once again trying to build YOUR narrative with false information.

I should have known better than to use big words in our discussion. If you can't understand that Kaaya is better than Rosier than you definetly wouldn't understand what hyperbole is. You are the one building the false narrative. You built up this strawman about the run game because you got destroyed regarding Malik being better than Kaaya as a QB.

Kaaya would have definitely beaten Pitt! I totally with you on this and whoever says otherwise doesn’t know football. Because Rosier had time to throw the ball he just couldn’t connect.

Kaaya would have definitely beaten Pitt! I totally with you on this and whoever says otherwise doesn’t know football. Because Rosier had time to throw the ball he just couldn’t connect.

Exactly. Players where running around open all game and he had plenty of time to throw it to them. He either missed them with the pass or didn't even make the read.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back