Williams versus Perry

This clown talkn about logic and I don't know football but got an excuse for Kaaya in every sentence?? "Rosier was lucky" and "Kaayas teams were worse"?? Lol U sound like a child gtfoh

LMAO this is coming from the excuse queen. You have an excuse for every single thing Miami doesn't do perfectly. You are the biggest homer on the board. Im surprised you don't consider Kaaya on the level of Tom Brady. What I stated wasn't excuses its facts. Rosiers teams where better in almost every position and had the better coaching staff calling the plays. You don't know **** about football which I can see from every single time you post, but thinking Rosier is better than Kaaya just proves it even more.

Advertisement
Me? Malik's INT came with over 8 minutes to go in the 4th when we were still up 24-13. It led to no points; UNC didn't cut it to a one score game until 2 possessions later. It was Travis Homer's fumble with 2 minutes to go you're thinking about that cost us a chance to put the game on ice.

"And please try and remember he made the wrong throw, short, into double coverage, that bounced off two defenders on the the play Langham made that incredible catch against Georgia Tech."

This is just a lie that needs to die. Skip to 1:28. That ball bounced off of nobody. The first thing it hits is Langham's hands. The defender played it the way you're taught. He put a hand in between the receiver's hands and tried to rip it out. Langham made a **** of a play to stay with it, and the throw could have been a little better, but it was thrown back shoulder to prevent the safety from factoring into the play, which he did not. You're delusional to think that was a pass thrown into double coverage. It was 4th down. We needed a play or the game is over. Malik delivered.

And that's really all that matters. We can sit here and talk if's and buts, and defenses and coaches, and you'll never hear me argue that Kaaya didn't make the routine plays far more consistently than Rosier, but when you have the ball with 2 minutes to go and a chance to score to win your defense--however terrible--and your coaches--however terrible--have done enough to give us a chance to win and it's entirely up to the QB. Against FSU I have no doubt that Kaaya would have thrown the ball away and settled for a field goal. Against GaTech, he would have never given Langham a chance to make a play and we would have lost.

I'm not arguing that Rosier is great, but you people trying to reduce last season down to two instances of pure luck are doing it for one reason and one reason only: so you can build up a fantasy world where you can just insert any QB and they'll probably have the same chances of getting lucky.

Are you ******* retarded? Kaaya didn't make the routine plays more than Rosier? Stats prove you wrong dumbass. Rosier threw 54.6% in his best year and Kaaya threw for 58.5 as a freshman in his worst year.

The UNC Rosier played had the most injuries of any team since Marshall. Rosier would have gotten DESTROYED by the ones Kaaya faced. Same with FSU. If you can't understand the simple fact that some teams get better and some teams get worse over time than I guess this discussion is over. It is impossible to argue with someone who can't comprehend simple facts.

Kaaya got destroyed by the UNC teams Kaaya faced.
UNC 59, Miami 21

And that game was worse than the score. We got 2 TDs in garbage time. Don't act like Rosier would have done any worse. Quit revising history and doing mental gymnastics by trying to take players from one team and pair them with a different player or coach from another team. Did we or did we not lose 9 games to un-ranked opponents in three years with Brad Kaaya? Don't go trying to compare one team to another. Kaaya lost to plenty of scrubs Rosier would have likely beaten this year. You think we really should have lost to Cincinatti?

Are you ******* retarded? Kaaya didn't make the routine plays more than Rosier? Stats prove you wrong dumbass. Rosier threw 54.6% in his best year and Kaaya threw for 58.5 as a freshman in his worst year.
Are you ******* retarded? I clearly stated that you'd never hear me argue that Kaaya didn't make more routine plays.

Lol Malik had a better coach?? Aye clowns Kaaya played his last season under Richt and was a 3 year starter that sucked while playing against teams that Miami had more talent than and Malik played against as well.... Malik was a starter 1 year and had a 10 win season and won the coastal with a 45% or whatever competion percentage. Save the horse shxt Kaaya was the worse starting qb since Kyle Wright. The fact that a qb on Maliks level had more success in only 1 year is proof of how bad of a qb Kaaya was. I'm taking Malik Rosier any day of the week over Kaaya.

Are you retarded? Yes Malik had a better Coach. Richt is better than Golden. Kaaya threw 62% under Richt and your boy Rosier threw 54.6%. He played much worse competition. Last year. Any QB in our history could have beat those ten teams. You forget there is atleast 1 QB worse than Kaaya. Rosier.

Advertisement
Let's just be honest he had a much worse coach and maybe lesser talented team. That defense we saw during the Kaaya years was some of the worse defense I have ever seen at any level. He could have made plays to win more games but all those losses don't go on him. We sometimes forget how bad some of the past was. I criticize Richt's playcalling, QB coach choice, and need for an OC. But this place is miles ahead of where it was before just on the eye-test alone even in recruiting.
Nope. If we can blame Rosier for Toledo scoring 30 points to make a 52-30 game blow out "close," we're not going to excuse defensive performances for the other QB.

Nope. If we can blame Rosier for Toledo scoring 30 points to make a 52-30 game blow out "close," we're not going to excuse defensive performances for the other QB.

If you want to argue about a QB that is no longer here then go ahead. Bad enough all of the Perry vs. Williams threads. What is next Kosar vs Testaverde?

If you want to argue about a QB that is no longer here then go ahead. Bad enough all of the Perry vs. Williams threads. What is next Kosar vs Testaverde?
I will, thanks. And if you don't want to argue about it, then don't. Don't really see why what I do effects you in any way at all if you want nothing to do with it.

Advertisement
Kaaya got destroyed by the UNC teams Kaaya faced.
UNC 59, Miami 21

And that game was worse than the score. We got 2 TDs in garbage time. Don't act like Rosier would have done any worse. Quit revising history and doing mental gymnastics by trying to take players from one team and pair them with a different player or coach from another team. Did we or did we not lose 9 games to un-ranked opponents in three years with Brad Kaaya? Don't go trying to compare one team to another. Kaaya lost to plenty of scrubs Rosier would have likely beaten this year. You think we really should have lost to Cincinatti?

Yes. Without a coach against the best UNC team in their history that only lost by 1 TD to Clemson in the ACC championship. Rosier would have done way worse we would have scored 0 TDs against them and given them the ball even more often then we already did. How is Rosier going to magically win those games when he cant even complete a pass? Rosier would have lost every game Kaaya lost its just common sense that the better QB has the better shot of winning games. You are the one revising history as if Rosier did well this season and was a good replacement over Kaaya.

Then WTF are you arguing? Would you rather have the QB that makes more routine plays or the one that makes less routine plays? The answer is obvious.
I'd rather have the guy who can march down the field and win the game even though his defense gave up 17 points and the lead three times in the 4th quarter. I'd rather have the guy who can take a 13 point 2nd half deficit created by a botched onside kick and turn it into a victory. I'd rather have the guy who can take a 28-14 first half deficit and turn it into a 44-28 victory.

Kaaya never did any of these things. We lost every game in which we trailed after 3 quarters.

Kaaya - Better pure passer, more accurate & prototypical pocket passer.
Lacked athletic ability, slow read going through progressions, wasn't a leader & didn't have the competitive fire to bring a team back from a deficit.

Rosier - Gutsy, unconscious thrower (that's both good/bad), better mobility, leadership & could rally teammates around him in crunch time. Also inaccurate, inconsistent mechanically & streaky.

Neither of them seem to have championship pedigree, I highly doubt Rosier wins an ACC title this year but he'll at least have another shot at it. No need to go to war over the QB's, they both have their strengths & weaknesses, same with JW, Perry & Weldon.

Rosier wasn't 100% to blame for all our struggles, but the idea he was perfect & deserves no criticism for his poor play is plain silly. Mark, Lil Jon & Coach Brown have all criticized him as they should, because he's the QB & therefore he needs to be held to a higher standard than just being average & having excuses made for him. He needs to play better & he's said that himself.

I have serious doubts about Rosier, but the fact is he's going to be our QB this season & all we can do is hope he's improved. We shall see.

I'd rather have the guy who can march down the field and win the game even though his defense gave up 17 points and the lead three times in the 4th quarter. I'd rather have the guy who can take a 13 point 2nd half deficit created by a botched onside kick and turn it into a victory. I'd rather have the guy who can take a 28-14 first half deficit and turn it into a 44-28 victory.

Kaaya never did any of these things. We lost every game in which we trailed after 3 quarters.

Since you obviously never passed math class let me explain something to you. Playing well in 3 Quarters > playing well in 1 quarter. You're welcome on the free math lesson.

Advertisement
Kaaya - Better pure passer, more accurate & prototypical pocket passer.
Lacked athletic ability, slow read going through progressions, wasn't a leader & didn't have the competitive fire to bring a team back from a deficit.

Rosier - Gutsy, unconscious thrower (that's both good/bad), better mobility, leadership & could rally teammates around him in crunch time. Also inaccurate, inconsistent mechanically & streaky.

Neither of them seem to have championship pedigree, I highly doubt Rosier wins an ACC title this year but he'll at least have another shot at it. No need to go to war over the QB's, they both have their strengths & weaknesses, same with JW, Perry & Weldon.

Rosier wasn't 100% to blame for all our struggles, but the idea he was perfect & deserves no criticism for his poor play is plain silly. Mark, Lil Jon & Coach Brown have all criticized him as they should, because he's the QB & therefore he needs to be held to a higher standard than just being average & having excuses made for him. He needs to play better & he's said that himself.

I have serious doubts about Rosier, but the fact is he's going to be our QB this season & all we can do is hope he's improved. We shall see.
Nobody ever even came close to suggesting that Rosier was perfect or above criticism. I’ve maintained all along that Rosier has to be better if he’s going to continue to play, and I have never wavered from that. But this idea that we’re going to blame the QB for a 44-28 close game when that QB was responsible for 4 TDs, or a game where we only managed to get 16, 42, and 52 yards from our running backs for being close even though he threw for 350+ is just flat ridiculous.

Rosier was plenty awful for us to be able to criticize him without having to make **** up like having to run into a 9 man box against Pitt even though it never happened and should not have mattered in any case.

This isnt math class. When that 1 quarter is the 4th quarter its everything.

Another idiot. The only reason Rosier needed to make those comeback drives was because he ****ed up so badly in the first 3 quarters. It is simple math that if that if you score more points than the other team you win. It doesnt matter if you score them in the first 3 quarters or the last quarter. I will take the guy that plays well for 3 quarters and then decent in the 4th quarter over the guy who sucks for 3 quarters and then plays pretty well for the 4th quarter.

Advertisement
Another idiot. The only reason Rosier needed to make those comeback drives was because he ****ed up so badly in the first 3 quarters. It is simple math that if that if you score more points than the other team you win. It doesnt matter if you score them in the first 3 quarters or the last quarter. I will take the guy that plays well for 3 quarters and then decent in the 4th quarter over the guy who sucks for 3 quarters and then plays pretty well for the 4th quarter.

Except you're wrong. Against FSU we took a TD lead into the 4th quarter and the defense lost it by giving up 17 points. And against GaTech we botched an onside kick that put us down 13. Rosier has 297 passing and 20 rushing that game. Not great, but when you get over 300 out of your QB it ain't his fault the game was lost or close.

So tell me again, which games you're talking about that he screwed up so bad in the first three quarters? His 356 yard day against UNC or his 4 TD game against Virginia?

Except you're wrong. Against FSU we took a TD lead into the 4th quarter and the defense lost it by giving up 17 points. And against GaTech we botched an onside kick that put us down 13. Rosier has 297 passing and 20 rushing that game. Not great, but when you get over 300 out of your QB it ain't his fault the game was lost or close.

So tell me again, which games you're talking about that he screwed up so bad in the first three quarters? His 356 yard day against UNC or his 4 TD game against Virginia?

Get Rosiers **** out of your mouth. The guy threw for 43% against FSU. The defense got tired after being on the field the whole game. If we had Kaaya hitting his receivers the game would not have came down to the 4th quarter. As far as GT goes. They suck. That impressed no one. Kaaya beat GT every year except the year that they finished 8th in the AP and almost beat FSU.

Nobody ever even came close to suggesting that Rosier was perfect or above criticism. I’ve maintained all along that Rosier has to be better if he’s going to continue to play, and I have never wavered from that. But this idea that we’re going to blame the QB for a 44-28 close game when that QB was responsible for 4 TDs, or a game where we only managed to get 16, 42, and 52 yards from our running backs for being close even though he threw for 350+ is just flat ridiculous.

Rosier was plenty awful for us to be able to criticize him without having to make **** up like having to run into a 9 man box against Pitt even though it never happened and should not have mattered in any case.
I never “blamed” Rosier for playing well vs Cuse, in fact I said last year it was one of his best games.

I also never said we were running vs 9 man fronts vs Pitt, I was speaking in general about Defenses not respecting the pass & loading up the box if they don’t think you can beat them deep. Go check the thread I never specified or implied Pitt.

Rosier couldnt complete half his passes against the worst UNC and FSU teams this decade. Anyone who cherry picks stats to somehow make a case he had a good performance in either of those games and can't see how awful both those teams were this season can't be taken seriously.

Kaaya with his flaws, had far, far better statistical games against a national championship and final four FSU team and UNC teams that woud have beaten the 2017 team they fielded by 50.

Advertisement
Back