Williams versus Perry

You dumbfukk...did you not understand that the team and coaching is better now and the competition is not the same as in Kaaya's tenure. You post 70 times per thread to shread any qb that's not #12. If you had a vote, he should have won the Maxwell award.
You dumb****. Rosier was on the Maxwell watch list through 6 games. I shred Rosier plenty for his play down the stretch, but you ***aloons running around pretending that the first half of the season never happened are the only ones trying to peddle a false narrative.

Advertisement
Me? Malik's INT came with over 8 minutes to go in the 4th when we were still up 24-13. It led to no points; UNC didn't cut it to a one score game until 2 possessions later. It was Travis Homer's fumble with 2 minutes to go you're thinking about that cost us a chance to put the game on ice.

"And please try and remember he made the wrong throw, short, into double coverage, that bounced off two defenders on the the play Langham made that incredible catch against Georgia Tech."

This is just a lie that needs to die. Skip to 1:28. That ball bounced off of nobody. The first thing it hits is Langham's hands. The defender played it the way you're taught. He put a hand in between the receiver's hands and tried to rip it out. Langham made a **** of a play to stay with it, and the throw could have been a little better, but it was thrown back shoulder to prevent the safety from factoring into the play, which he did not. You're delusional to think that was a pass thrown into double coverage. It was 4th down. We needed a play or the game is over. Malik delivered.

And that's really all that matters. We can sit here and talk if's and buts, and defenses and coaches, and you'll never hear me argue that Kaaya didn't make the routine plays far more consistently than Rosier, but when you have the ball with 2 minutes to go and a chance to score to win your defense--however terrible--and your coaches--however terrible--have done enough to give us a chance to win and it's entirely up to the QB. Against FSU I have no doubt that Kaaya would have thrown the ball away and settled for a field goal. Against GaTech, he would have never given Langham a chance to make a play and we would have lost.

I'm not arguing that Rosier is great, but you people trying to reduce last season down to two instances of pure luck are doing it for one reason and one reason only: so you can build up a fantasy world where you can just insert any QB and they'll probably have the same chances of getting lucky.

I have no doubt you have no doubt what Kaaya would have done. You know, despite the fact he made the exact same play to Coley, in a much tougher situation, the year before.

I have no doubt you have no doubt what Kaaya would have done. You know, since he made the exact same play to Coley, in a much tougher situation, the year before.
Kaaya's throw was not a game winning situation. We could have tied with a PAT. He never once WON a game. Not one **** time, out of the multitude of opportunities that he was given, did he ever drive down the field and secure a W. We either won big, or we didn't win. A football game was never decided on the arm of Brad Kaaya, not even once in three years here.

Kaaya's throw was not a game winning situation. We could have tied with a PAT. He never once WON a game. Not one **** time, out of the multitude of opportunities that he was given, did he ever drive down the field and secure a W. We either won big, or we didn't win. A football game was never decided on the arm of Brad Kaaya, not even once in three years here.
Every game, every single time we had the ball with a chance to win a game and asked Brad to make a play, we came up short.

There is no arguing with this kind of logic.

Applying your thought process means Malik actually didn't do anything against Georgia Tech because his throw didn't win the game, it only put us in position for THE KICKER to win the game.

There is no rhyme or reason in the way you apply your standards of "coming through".

Advertisement
There is no arguing with this kind of logic.

Applying your thought process means Malik actually didn't do anything against Georgia Tech because his throw didn't win the game, it only put us in position for THE KICKER to win the game.

There is no rhyme or reason in the way you apply your standards of "coming through".
No. That is applying YOUR thought process that all Malik did all season was get lucky a few times. With 2 minutes to go from our own 8 yard line, Malik drove us down to the GaTech 7 for a gimmie field goal by completing 8 of 11 passes, including the amazing Langham catch on 4th down.

But okay, if you want to go that route, in three years Kaaya played, not one time did he ever even lead us down to set up a potential game winning kick. The closest he ever came was a 36-33 win over Nebraska, but we failed to move the ball on the final three possessions of regulation while Nebraska reeled off 23 unanswered points, and he didn't even attempt a pass in OT. With the game on the line and a chance to win it, he handed the ball off to Yearby, and had it not been for a Nebraska personal foul, we very well may have lost that game.

Neither situation is desirable, but If you're gonna pin me with a QB that goes MIA for a quarter or two, give me the one that doesn't show up until half time rather than the one who disappears in the 4th quarter.

You dumb****. Rosier was on the Maxwell watch list through 6 games. I shred Rosier plenty for his play down the stretch, but you ***aloons running around pretending that the first half of the season never happened are the only ones trying to peddle a false narrative.
He was dirt **** the first half of the season. I watch the games, you watch overblown statistics and come to a conclusion that a player is this or that. The eye test gave most CANE fans a very good idea why we barely beat inferior teams and why DCs started loading the box to stop the run against us. Against FSU, GT, and VT, 3 great wins for the program, he was outplayed by each ones qb(Fr, RFr,So). **** bethume qb look better than him against a tougher defense...Last year has come and gone. We did what we had to considering crop at the position. Time to move on so we can actually beat lesser talented teams the way we're suppose to. We deserve better than #12.

Last edited:
Neither situation is desirable, but If you're gonna pin me with a QB that goes MIA for a quarter or two, give me the one that doesn't show up until half time rather than the one who disappears in the 4th quarter.
Most of those games should have been over by halftime...why did it take 4qtrs to win against the schedule we faced.

Advertisement
He was dirt **** the first half of the season. I watch the games, you watch overblown statistics and come to a conclusion that a player is this or that. The eye test gave most CANE fans a very good idea why we barely beat inferior teams and why DCs started loading the box to stop the run against us. Against FSU, GT, and VT, 3 great wins for the program, he was outplayed by each ones qb(Fr, RFr,So). **** bethume qb look better than him against a tougher defense...Last year has come and gone. We did what we had to considering crop at the position. Time to move on so we can actually beat lesser talented teams the way we're suppose to. We deserve better than #12.

You have to be the dumbest guy on the planet. Ask yourself one question if you are even capable of rational thought. If opposing QB's looked good when they played us, how in the holy**** is that a knock on Rosier rather than the defense?

What part of Rosier completing 27 of 36 (75%) to 10 different receivers for 333 yards, 3 TDs and running for a 4th had anything to do with Toledo scoring 30 points and making that game close until the 4th quarter? How did Logan Woodside come out looking better with a 28 for 48 (58%) day with 344 yards?

What part of Malik's performance against FSU is responsible for FSU scoring 17 4th quarter points? I suppose you think Blackmon played better with 193 yards vs. Rosier's 283.

I also seem to remember Rosier having a 60% day where he accounted for 389 yards, 2 TD's and zero turnovers against a very scrappy Syracuse team. Explain to me how Malik Rosier was responsible for that game being close and how Eric Dungy, 13 for 41, 137 yards, 0 TDs and 4 INT's came away looking better than Rosier.

How is it that Rosier had 356 yards, 3 TDs against 1 INT looks worse than Nathan Elliot of UNC going 16 of 39 for 173 yards 1 TD and 3 INTs? If the reason we only got 42 yards from our running backs that game is because they loaded the box and dared Rosier to beat them, it was a dumb idea because we won that game because of Rosier and for no other reason. He threw all three touchdowns we scored.

You should be banned from posting for even trying to imply that GaTech's QB had a better day. GaTech doesn't have a QB. They have a 3rd running back who went 3 for 7 passing. Malik was 23 of 37 (62%) for 297 with a TD and 0 INT's. He also chipped in 20 yards on the ground on a few ket 3rd down plays.

Against VaTech Rosier threw 3 INT's but he also threw 2 TDs and 202 yards while rushing for another TD and 84 yards on the ground. Are you going to tell me that Josh Jackson had the better day throwing for 197 yards, 0 TDs and 2 picks?

Long story short...**** yo eye test. You're remembering things the way you want to and bending them to fit a narrative. The only QB to out play Rosier during the regular season was Kurt Benkert of Virginia, and not a single **** one of his 384 yards can be blamed on Malik. You know what you can blame on Malik that game? the 3 TDs he threw and 1 he ran that kept us in that game and ultimately secured the win while Benkert was shredding our defense. On Malik's worst day of the season, the game against Pitt, Kenny Pickett only threw for 193 and 1 TD. Rosier threw for 187 and 2 TDs. We lost that game because our running backs combined to give us a whole 16 yards of offense and Pitt never brought a safety down into the box the whole game. They bullied us with a 4 man front from whistle to whistle.

You have to be the dumbest guy on the planet. Ask yourself one question if you are even capable of rational thought. If opposing QB's looked good when they played us, how in the holy**** is that a knock on Rosier rather than the defense?

What part of Rosier completing 27 of 36 (75%) to 10 different receivers for 333 yards, 3 TDs and running for a 4th had anything to do with Toledo scoring 30 points and making that game close until the 4th quarter? How did Logan Woodside come out looking better with a 28 for 48 (58%) day with 344 yards?

What part of Malik's performance against FSU is responsible for FSU scoring 17 4th quarter points? I suppose you think Blackmon played better with 193 yards vs. Rosier's 283.

I also seem to remember Rosier having a 60% day where he accounted for 389 yards, 2 TD's and zero turnovers against a very scrappy Syracuse team. Explain to me how Malik Rosier was responsible for that game being close and how Eric Dungy, 13 for 41, 137 yards, 0 TDs and 4 INT's came away looking better than Rosier.

How is it that Rosier had 356 yards, 3 TDs against 1 INT looks worse than Nathan Elliot of UNC going 16 of 39 for 173 yards 1 TD and 3 INTs? If the reason we only got 42 yards from our running backs that game is because they loaded the box and dared Rosier to beat them, it was a dumb idea because we won that game because of Rosier and for no other reason. He threw all three touchdowns we scored.

You should be banned from posting for even trying to imply that GaTech's QB had a better day. GaTech doesn't have a QB. They have a 3rd running back who went 3 for 7 passing. Malik was 23 of 37 (62%) for 297 with a TD and 0 INT's. He also chipped in 20 yards on the ground on a few ket 3rd down plays.

Against VaTech Rosier threw 3 INT's but he also threw 2 TDs and 202 yards while rushing for another TD and 84 yards on the ground. Are you going to tell me that Josh Jackson had the better day throwing for 197 yards, 0 TDs and 2 picks?

Long story short...**** yo eye test. You're remembering things the way you want to and bending them to fit a narrative. The only QB to out play Rosier during the regular season was Kurt Benkert of Virginia, and not a single **** one of his 384 yards can be blamed on Malik. You know what you can blame on Malik that game? the 3 TDs he threw and 1 he ran that kept us in that game and ultimately secured the win while Benkert was shredding our defense. On Malik's worst day of the season, the game against Pitt, Kenny Pickett only threw for 193 and 1 TD. Rosier threw for 187 and 2 TDs. We lost that game because our running backs combined to give us a whole 16 yards of offense and Pitt never brought a safety down into the box the whole game. They bullied us with a 4 man front from whistle to whistle.
Why do the majority of CANES fans want to see one of the young guns over a 5th yr guy and all his experience..now **** yo stats idiot

Last edited:
Why do the majority of CANES fans want to see one of the youbg guns over a 5th buster...now **** yo stats idior
Because the majority of people, not just our fans, but people in general are ******* stupid. Intelligence is the exception rather than the norm of the human species. Most basic, low functioning adults like yourself have too great a time overcoming animalistic emotions to be able to process information without bias. These people say dumb **** like "eye test," and "I know what I saw," and "ask anybody else." I suspect this is why you don't much care for objective statistics, however, let me assure you that they exist completely independent of whether or not you choose to believe in them.

Lol Malik had a better coach?? Aye clowns Kaaya played his last season under Richt and was a 3 year starter that sucked while playing against teams that Miami had more talent than and Malik played against as well.... Malik was a starter 1 year and had a 10 win season and won the coastal with a 45% or whatever competion percentage. Save the horse shxt Kaaya was the worse starting qb since Kyle Wright. The fact that a qb on Maliks level had more success in only 1 year is proof of how bad of a qb Kaaya was. I'm taking Malik Rosier any day of the week over Kaaya.

Advertisement
I like Malik, I think he does more with less talent than a lot of QBs. He is NOT a better QB than Kaaya. He may be more clutch but Kaaya did not routinely miss open receivers at Malik's rate. I think Kaaya for all of his talent underperformed his last year specifically. However, the jury is still out as to why. I don't think the offense/O-line did him any favors. I don't see the need to keep comparing the Kaaya and Malik. Both Canes at the end of the day. We need better QB play this year to take a step forward. No matter who is under center.

I like Malik, I think he does more with less talent than a lot of QBs. He is NOT a better QB than Kaaya. He may be more clutch but Kaaya did not routinely miss open receivers at Malik's rate. I think Kaaya for all of his talent underperformed his last year specifically. However, the jury is still out as to why. I don't think the offense/O-line did him any favors. I don't see the need to keep comparing the Kaaya and Malik. Both Canes at the end of the day. We need better QB play this year to take a step forward. No matter who is under center.
My knock on Kaaya was that sometimes he'd play it too safe. Routine stuff he was money, but rarely did he throw one up and let our guy try to go make a play. The play was either there or it wasn't, and if it wasn't Kaaya would most of the time throw it away. And I'm not saying to not honor ball security, but sometimes your opponent dictates that you're gonna have to take some risks and fit some balls into tight windows if you're going to try to give the team a chance to win. I felt like many of the games we lost were directly due to letting too many opportunities slip away in the name of playing it safe, and it always ****ed me off because I knew Kaaya was capable of hitting the throw but was afraid to risk anything to win.

He had more arm talent than Rosier does, without question, but you don't start three years and accumulate 16 losses, 9 of those to un-ranked opponents without ever leading the team out of a second half deficit for nothing. He averaged losing 5.33 games per season, 3 per season to un-ranked competition. You're telling me there was never a time we couldn't have done with a little less Kaaya and a little more Rosier in the 2nd half of some of those games.

Advertisement
I think we are missing the point. Both Perry and Williams will be a dramatic improvement over what we had at #2 last year. Not enough has been said about how Rosier's injury affected his performance. I'm hoping for a healthy Rosier this year and if he gets streaky we see him benched for a legit replacement.

Kaaya was 1-7 against ranked teams, 1-2 against UNC, never beat FSU, never beat ND, lost to Cincinnati, Pitt, Virginia, and regularly had to sweat out games against teams like FAU.

The UNC Rosier played had the most injuries of any team since Marshall. Rosier would have gotten DESTROYED by the ones Kaaya faced. Same with FSU. If you can't understand the simple fact that some teams get better and some teams get worse over time than I guess this discussion is over. It is impossible to argue with someone who can't comprehend simple facts.

My knock on Kaaya was that sometimes he'd play it too safe. Routine stuff he was money, but rarely did he throw one up and let our guy try to go make a play. The play was either there or it wasn't, and if it wasn't Kaaya would most of the time throw it away. And I'm not saying to not honor ball security, but sometimes your opponent dictates that you're gonna have to take some risks and fit some balls into tight windows if you're going to try to give the team a chance to win. I felt like many of the games we lost were directly due to letting too many opportunities slip away in the name of playing it safe, and it always ****ed me off because I knew Kaaya was capable of hitting the throw but was afraid to risk anything to win.

He had more arm talent than Rosier does, without question, but you don't start three years and accumulate 16 losses, 9 of those to un-ranked opponents without ever leading the team out of a second half deficit for nothing. He averaged losing 5.33 games per season, 3 per season to un-ranked competition. You're telling me there was never a time we couldn't have done with a little less Kaaya and a little more Rosier in the 2nd half of some of those games.

Let's just be honest he had a much worse coach and maybe lesser talented team. That defense we saw during the Kaaya years was some of the worse defense I have ever seen at any level. He could have made plays to win more games but all those losses don't go on him. We sometimes forget how bad some of the past was. I criticize Richt's playcalling, QB coach choice, and need for an OC. But this place is miles ahead of where it was before just on the eye-test alone even in recruiting.

I think we are missing the point. Both Perry and Williams will be a dramatic improvement over what we had at #2 last year. Not enough has been said about how Rosier's injury affected his performance. I'm hoping for a healthy Rosier this year and if he gets streaky we see him benched for a legit replacement.
I'm for better QB play and don't care who it comes from. I just find it odd that I seem to be in the minority of posters who include Rosier to that list. There seem to be an unusual amount of people who would rather see Rosier ride pine even if he's our best option.

Advertisement
Back