Will We Beat A&M?

Will we beat Texas A&M?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Our guys played Bama last season with Manny's ****-poor tackling, a QB that wasn't a vertical threat and a very weak running game.

We'll have the more talented QB when we face aTm and a more physical football team in the trenches than we had against Alabama. Most importantly, Manny Diaz is no longer associated with our program and multiple defensive staffers have either worked with or beaten Nick Saban before..

To sit here in early August and not believe we can compete with aTm is pathetic. If we play defense up to our talent-level and consistently convert 3rd & short we'll be in every game.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm hearing postulations on what A&M's strengths, and the only question mark seems to be their QB performance.

That suggests a certain familiarity with what A&M can do and will likely do.

Flip it:

They don't know what the **** to expect with this new team - except that we DO have a really good QB -

I think we can prepare for and gameplan more accurately against A&M than A&M can prepare for and gameplan against UM.

They may be more established - and maybe deeper - but that's possibly offset by our physicality, new tools in the toolbox, creativity, and hopefully, UM speed and determination.

We used to be giant killers. Mario knows.

Might just get back to that mindset in College Station.

Despite his relative upward progression (prior to killing a kid), Durkin defenses haven't been anything special. Kinda weird how he rose through the ranks tbh.

They lost alot on defense. Their secondary is the strength.

Honestly, it comes down down to Achane.

Mario also tends to do well in those early season big games. I'm riding w us.

We have two cupcake games leading into this one. What ever Gattis is planning on using during the season, we will not really see it in games 1 & 2…but we will at this one. And it will be something that aTm isn’t prepared for if we can establish a run and short passing game. TVD will feast once we have them covering the close territory. And if the line can give TVD the time, we will turn some heads with some massive chunks of yardage.

So this all comes down to the front 5 + TEs imo. I am not worried about our defense under proper coaching and tackling. And our STs should be on point and then some. These kids have never been in a game of this caliber but the collection of new blood plus some of the emerging leadership gives us a shot.

I think that in a confluence of positive outcomes, we stand about a 30% chance of winning on a neutral site. I give us a 20% chance in College Station. But that is good odds given where we’re are coming from.

Advertisement
Jimbo’s system sucks. His offenses have ranked near the bottom of college football, especially passing explosive, every year he has been there. Even with a talent advantage, he’s going to keep the game close just by way of his inability to put points on you in a hurry.

Their DBs are very good, which could be a problem with our WRs being a question mark.

But in a game that’s going to be close, if TVD is going to take the next step, this is the game you win. Because a grind it out, let the defense win the game team, is the team of team in elite QB upsets.

This will also be the type of game that turnover luck plays a big role. Jimbo doesn’t run a lot of plays. It’s a slow and methodical pace of play, combined with a lack of big plays.

I'm going all in, putting both hands on the booty, and voting yes
Do Want Booty Had Me Like GIF

Advertisement
I know it is a different regime but let me know when we beat a good (top 10) out of conference team especially on the road and I will start picking us again.

We have two cupcake games leading into this one. What ever Gattis is planning on using during the season, we will not really see it in games 1 & 2…but we will at this one. And it will be something that aTm isn’t prepared for if we can establish a run and short passing game. TVD will feast once we have them covering the close territory. And if the line can give TVD the time, we will turn some heads with some massive chunks of yardage.

So this all comes down to the front 5 + TEs imo. I am not worried about our defense under proper coaching and tackling. And our STs should be on point and then some. These kids have never been in a game of this caliber but the collection of new blood plus some of the emerging leadership gives us a shot.

I think that in a confluence of positive outcomes, we stand about a 30% chance of winning on a neutral site. I give us a 20% chance in College Station. But that is good odds given where we’re are coming from.
I'm still waiting for richt to open up his playbook

Advertisement
Whoever runs the ball better wins the game. We have a chance. Question is can we hold up in trenches for 4 quarters?

I'd like to see both teams play before making a final prediction.

As of right now I am leaning towards a "no" though.

Advertisement
It will come down to Gattis and TVD. I expect our D to be legit, with our new additions on and off the field. Imo, this will be a battle of which OC trusts their QB to take some chances.

Idk what will happen. I only know what I want.
Joaquin said dominate.
Fck jimbo.
Fck Coley.
Fck the turncoats.
I’m being way greedy and impatient and expecting too much. But I want to embarrass them on prime time with the world watching.

Everyone treating tamu and talking like they just came off a playoff run or lost the cfb by a field goal. But hey, a win against Bama will do that so I don’t blame them.

But if a g5 or unranked team beats a top 5 team everyone says “it happens it’s football”.
Tamu beats Bama and loses 4 games and somehow they’re the next up.
Well, we’ll see.

Our guys played Bama last season with Manny's ****-poor tackling, a QB that wasn't a vertical threat and a very weak running game.

We'll have the more talented QB when we face aTm and a more physical football team in the trenches than we had against Alabama. Most importantly, Manny Diaz is no longer associated with our program and multiple defensive staffers have either worked with or beaten Nick Saban before..

To sit here in early August and not believe we can compete with aTm is pathetic. If we play defense up to our talent-level and consistently convert 3rd & short we'll be in every game.

No question we are better in a lot of areas, the most important being coaching. I think we are deficient at WR though. Also, while 8-4 could end up being one of the best teams in the country but they aint Bama and whoever they trot out there is not Bryce Young.

Advertisement
Back