Will We Beat A&M?

Will we beat Texas A&M?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Advertisement
I feel like we have a good chance, but not ready to say yes, yet. The reality is that we’ve got some holes in our two deep, and A&M (while perennially 8-4) is bound to break out at some point. We can definitely win this game, but I wouldn’t bet on us winning it right now.

I know this is a new regime, but historically this team has not fared well with more physical teams. Mario won't be able to change that by game 3 of year 1. My heart always says we're gonna win, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I've never been too impressed with Max Johnson, but man, I just looked at his stats . . . 35/7 TD/INT. That's a good ratio. He doesn't complete passes at a super high rate (60% last year) but he also doesn't turn it over. If they don't make mistakes and turn it over, they ought to win.

I’ll say we put up a good fight, but lose by a FG. I think TVD will light there defense up though.

Advertisement
From Vegas, we are curently 7.5-8 point dogs which translates in about a 25% chance of winning.

So, I'm sayin we have a chance.

Yes

I never predict Ls.

If our DL controls their run game I have high confidence in TVD scoring enough to win.

I know it has no bearing on our game this year, but, last time we played there (I get it, they were terrible [we had onion]) weren't we up 41-10 in the 4th quarter? It's just funny hearing people talk about Kyle field as if it's some sort of house of horrors. Mighty (7 win) Mississippi State went in there last year and squeaked one out. I guess male cheerleaders dressed like milkmen and 110,000 swaying-in-unison yokels might scare some folks.

Advertisement
New offensive system, new defensive system, transition from Manny's soft culture to Mario. That's too much to figure out that early in the season going into a crazy environment to play a team that is loaded in the front seven.

A&M - 26
UM - 16

It sounds like our offense is more of a concern against their defense than the other way around.

Advertisement
I feel confident in Steele vs Jimbo. He's coached against him for 3 consecutive years in the SEC.

I feel like we have the horses on defense to compete. We're deep and mature on the defensive line.

AtM may have signed the best Dline class ever, but they are pups. Most won't be starters this year , but will provide depth for them. I'm more worried about them in 2023.

I think this game is going to come down to how well our offense performs against their defense. On a good day we could hang 30+ on them. They could also hold us to under 20.

If we go 3 and out like we did against Bama, it's going to be a long day. If we can sustain drives and not turn the ball over then I think we can win because I believe our offense will be better than theirs.

We have a lot of nice pieces. It's really hard to make a fair prediction because we haven't seen the complete roster play a game. Everything is new.

With Jimbo at the helm, I get kindo of an FSU vibe. This is a winnable game. They have the edge playing at home.

Advertisement
Yes. . . No. . . Maybe. . . I don't know 😕
But, we will show up with the right mentality and play to win the game.

Canes all the way. If we want respect again, then this is the statement game. We have a shot because A&M isn't some special powerhouse lika Bama and our coaches arent last years hall monitors.
Win and then follow it up next week and the following week.

Advertisement
Back